Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 09:03 AM

15 posts, read 71,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMike91 View Post
According to Statistics, about 2 Canadians move to America for every 1 American that moves to Canada. Considering that there are 300 million inhabitants in the US and around 30 million in Canada, this is a very large difference. The US is also harder to immigrate to which makes it more interesting. Between 2001-2006 (9/11 and Bush years) the numbers of Canadians each year going to the US dropped, but was still about double the number of Americans going north.

Canadian Government States:US - CA Population Exchange

During the years since 2006, the exchange has remained about the same. 2 Canadians move to the US for every American moving to Canada, despite the fact that America has 10 times the population and is harder to immigrate to.

Immigration Stats for Canada (Immigrant Origins)

Immigration Stats for America (Incoming Immigrants)

Why do you think so many more Canadians move to the US than vice versa?
I think its the cold weather. Many people hate cold weather and seek warmer locations.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:08 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nope! I "move" there every winter for 5 months and have done for almost 20 years to escape the snow ….. I love golfing all year. Now too old to enjoy the snowmobiling and lost the knees for skiing in the 1980's

Based upon the seasonal temperatures alone, you won't get any climate argument from me. BUT; the U.S. is not without it's weather related issues and I've yet to see the numbers of homes needing replacement in Canada due to the cold as compared to the yearly damage from storms in the U.S.

Also, you should know it very rarely EVER gets to the -40F nonsense as posted by your NBBF.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of falling rain and having to tread water...

Old 09-23-2019, 12:59 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,044,222 times
Due to the vast number of troll posts and personal attacks in this thread, the thread is now closed. It is not worth the time to clean it up and delete all of the inappropriate posts.

Personal attacks are NEVER appropriate. You may dispute anyone's information at any time, but you may NOT attack their intelligence, their character, nor their intentions. Stick to the topic and don't make it personal. And remember that the severity of infractions increases with repeat offenses.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada