U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:43 PM

3,458 posts, read 4,021,809 times

Advertisements

Basically everywhere. I have only been to Ontario, NB, Quebec and BC. So much more to see.

One of my first trips when I get back to the other side of the world is NFLD. Seems like the type of place everyone should at least try to visit once in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 04:50 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,181,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Basically everywhere. I have only been to Ontario, NB, Quebec and BC. So much more to see.

One of my first trips when I get back to the other side of the world is NFLD. Seems like the type of place everyone should at least try to visit once in their lives.
Yeah - Torngat Mountain National Park in Labrador looks out of this world!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:29 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,038,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
It almost is.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:03 PM

9,468 posts, read 18,399,530 times
Quote:
No way, you've been up there? Looks incredibly remote, gotta watch for bears I assume? The scenery looks kicking ass fantastic.

I'd love to do an Eastern Canadian roadtrip starting in New England (my native home) and go up to Quebec City doing a big loop up through Labrador, then ferry over to the northern tip of Newfoundland, head down to St. John's, check out the western coast of Newfoundland, ferry over to Cape Breton, Halifax, PEI, Gaspe, then back to New England. It would take a month at a minimum, but I know the trip would blow my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Yeah Id really like to get up to the Rock, seems like such an intriguing place. Would love to go in the summer, get out of the desert heat to the air conditioned coast up there.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
No way, you've been up there? Looks incredibly remote, gotta watch for bears I assume? The scenery looks kicking ass fantastic.

I'd love to do an Eastern Canadian roadtrip starting in New England (my native home) and go up to Quebec City doing a big loop up through Labrador, then ferry over to the northern tip of Newfoundland, head down to St. John's, check out the western coast of Newfoundland, ferry over to Cape Breton, Halifax, PEI, Gaspe, then back to New England. It would take a month at a minimum, but I know the trip would blow my mind.
That would be quite the amazing road trip... Actually I haven't been to Torngat but I would love to go! One day I will - I have been to quite a few places around your beautiful state of NM though!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
It almost is.
Yes it looks incredible.. definately a bucklet list place for me.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:33 PM

9,468 posts, read 18,399,530 times
Quote:
That would be quite the amazing road trip... Actually I haven't been to Torngat but I would love to go! One day I will - I have been to quite a few places around your beautiful state of NM though!
And you had green chile right???? Mexican food has never been the same for me anywhere else since I've moved here. I lover the desert, especially this time of year. In the summer I start thinking about going places all over Canada.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:21 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,000,609 times
I always wanted to go to Baffin Island. Just too expensive to get there ..

Old 12-12-2014, 02:55 PM

41,492 posts, read 51,490,181 times
The thread may be addressed to Canadians but this New England Yankee has been to Canada and enjoyed it very much. My lady and I drove across Canada to the Alaska Highway some 45 years ago when it was all gravel. Great drive, great people and awesome scenery. I was really impressed by the size and subtle beauty of the endless prairie. Then we drove to Sudbury for a geological conference. When we drove through in 1968 the place was a dark polluted hell on earth. Some 30 years later a really pretty town emerged from the gloom due to a change in copper/nickel smelting technology and enormous efforts by Environment Canada and International Nickel. Since them we have spent time in Nova Scotia and Quebec both in the cities and the really boondocks on the north shore of the St. Lawrence Estuary.

This summer I intend to ride my big scooter (Suzuki 650 cc Burgman) to New Brunswick and parts of Nova Scotia. I figure I'll have to drive a car to Newfoundland in a year or two.

I have always enjoyed our visits to your wonderful country and hope to continue to visit.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 21,570 times
I hope to one day see the Maritime provinces and Newfoundland, especially their ocean shorelines. In BC, I have always wanted to visit Haida Gwai (also known as the Queen Charlotte Islands) & hope to next summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or