U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:46 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
And you had green chile right???? Mexican food has never been the same for me anywhere else since I've moved here. I lover the desert, especially this time of year. In the summer I start thinking about going places all over Canada.
Uhh - actually i don't like hot food lol.. I did have what is it Tex-Mex or do you have your own spin on it like New-Mex... Aside from that I drove around quite a bit such varied and colourful landscapes.. I saw a cloud shaped U.F.O outside Roswell - hiked through Carlsbad Caverns, got lost just a bit in the Bisti Badlands just to name a few!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 05:09 PM

15,087 posts, read 12,010,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I would love to go away for a year in a truck and camper and take my time driving all over Canada from coast to coast to coast and everywhere in between. I'm familiar with the western provinces and I've actually driven through more of the American west and midwest than I have of western Canada. It's my ultimate goal in life now to do that road trip all over Canada and I have a friend who is also seriously considering it so we've been thinking it would be good if we were to do that together. We could share the driving and have each other for company to share the sights and photo ops with. Tentatively we're thinking we will be able to do that in another 3 years from now. I get excited just thinking about it.

OMG, you don't know what you're missing! You absolutely must, must, must see and smell and feel an ocean at least once in your life. It's purely a spiritual and magical experience, you have no idea how magical it is and it can't be described.

For my birthday my son gave me these spiffy new binoculars that can be used for magnifying things that are really close up (12 inches away) as well as for long distance, so they are fantastic for looking close up (up to 50X magnification for close ups) looking down at all the thousands of little living sea creatures that inhabit tide pools at your feet. It's like looking into a totally alien world watching them go about their business.

Oh gosh, yes! I really miss the ocean from when i lived in California. Not only that, I lived on a sailboat in the Caribbean for a while, doing Air-Sea rescues, snorkeling and sailing around the Bermuda Triangle.
It was one of the happiest times of my life, and once I got off the boat, I couldn't find my "ground legs". (Is that the opposite of sea legs?) Had a tough time keeping my balance.
To this day, when I hear the sound of rigging clanging aginst masts, I get such a bittersweet feeling of longing.
Montreal is an island, but it can't compare to the ocean.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:01 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,436,210 times
NFLD is getting a lot of love on this thread.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,270,013 times
Newfoundland is great, but it`s the only part of Canada that has a cover charge to get in and another one to get out again.......Grin.

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:30 PM

9,425 posts, read 18,324,231 times
"British Columbia forces you to rethink life's measures" she says....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFrZNjs2ng

Damn girl! I love the West Coast. I was just up in Seattle recently, and as I was leaving town looking in the rearviw mirror at its gorgeous skyline and then Mt. Rainier in the horizon in front of me, I said damn you pretty b*tch! Quit tugging at my heart strings! BC has a similar effect. It's so beautiful and it's an easy place to romanticize, and hard to leave.

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 12-12-2014 at 09:41 PM..

Old 12-12-2014, 11:45 PM

10,131 posts, read 11,875,366 times
I have been to all 10 provinces but not to any of the territories yet. I was supposed to go last summer to the Yukon and NWT but I had to deal with some things at home. Hopefully next summer...

Old 12-13-2014, 08:47 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,367,509 times
Look for a place called Ethyl Lake in the Yukon. Bring a canoe or Foldboat. Great fishing.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:15 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
"British Columbia forces you to rethink life's measures" she says....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFrZNjs2ng

Damn girl! I love the West Coast. I was just up in Seattle recently, and as I was leaving town looking in the rearviw mirror at its gorgeous skyline and then Mt. Rainier in the horizon in front of me, I said damn you pretty b*tch! Quit tugging at my heart strings! BC has a similar effect. It's so beautiful and it's an easy place to romanticize, and hard to leave.
This video is AMAZING... I watched it 3X's... Canada is extraordinarily beautiful! Thanks for sharing..

Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 PM

9,425 posts, read 18,324,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Uhh - actually i don't like hot food lol.. I did have what is it Tex-Mex or do you have your own spin on it like New-Mex... Aside from that I drove around quite a bit such varied and colourful landscapes.. I saw a cloud shaped U.F.O outside Roswell - hiked through Carlsbad Caverns, got lost just a bit in the Bisti Badlands just to name a few!
You went through Southern NM, cool! White Sands is down there, it's my favorite place in NM as it's a totally surreal landscape, the magic really comes alive at sunrise there. I haven't made it to Roswell or Carlsbad yet, the caves are a five hour drive from Albuquerque, same distance as the Grand Canyon, Sedona, or Telluride so I end up in those spots often when taking raodtrips. My partner wants to go to Carlsbad though so its on the list. Roswell is often the butt of jokes in this state.

Oh and the food. Well we like it hot and fiery here in the Land of Enchantment. We definitely have our own rendition of Mexican food here that is definitely better than Tex-Mex. They like to smother enchiladas, cheeseburgers, eggs, even pizza with fire roasted green chiles here. There is a milder variety of peppers here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
This video is AMAZING... I watched it 3X's... Canada is extraordinarily beautiful! Thanks for sharing..
Yes indeed, BC is good for the soul. I want to take a year off to explore and drive all over North America. We are blessed to live on such a beautiful continent open to the freedom of exploration chalk full of beautiful sights and landmarks with extraordinary natural superlatives. BC takes that to a whole other level.

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 12-13-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Old 12-13-2014, 08:35 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,436,210 times
I will add Pacific Rim National park to my list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqesNIzUcUM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or