U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
20,573 posts, read 25,637,861 times
Reputation: 8099

Advertisements

But isn't kinda like saying: "Lots of people are moving to Fort McMurray. I guess they must really like mosquitoes!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2017, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 10,434,293 times
Reputation: 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
But isn't kinda like saying: "Lots of people are moving to Fort McMurray. I guess they must really like mosquitoes!"
No its not lol.. I thought we went through this and actually agreed that people who like larger city life or to live say in a DT core do so because they enjoy not only the amenities but also the energy, buzz and excitement that lifestyle brings. For those who don't there is always a smaller place. We have oodles of those in Canada. What are we arguing about here exactly - mosquitos...

Last edited by fusion2; 03-07-2017 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2017, 12:35 AM
 
950 posts, read 1,457,094 times
Reputation: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The American city model has many pluses and minuses, they look cool when everything is set up on such a grand scale with the city parks by the downtown's, its cool to be in a park and see a backdrop of skyscrapers, and again everything is just on a grand scale, a lot of room and nice views. once you are on the street however it is sort of depressing and ugly, the whole set up is just ugly and inefficient. European cities are set up nice an perfectly and its easier to get around and the infrastructure is far superior.

Canada does better because they have more residential units in their downtown's which adds to vibrancy which is nice, public transport is slightly better, its less depressing and less ugly but still sort of depressing and ugly. but yes there are positive European characteristics that can be seen in Canadian cities.
What if you compare American cities to British cities? Do you find the "urban" infrastructure far superior in the UK? Or are you only talking about continental Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 08:33 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 1,466,800 times
Reputation: 980
You should see San Jose: very clean city, more than Canadian and European cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2017, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 10,434,293 times
Reputation: 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
You should see San Jose: very clean city, more than Canadian and European cities.
I don't think it is possible for a city to be more clean than Oakville. Doesn't at all make it very interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
11,378 posts, read 7,830,861 times
Reputation: 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
You should see San Jose: very clean city, more than Canadian and European cities.
So your point is, that you have to live in a wealthy area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2017, 03:09 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 10,577,036 times
Reputation: 7539
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
You should see San Jose: very clean city, more than Canadian and European cities.
San Jose is not a city. Just because it has a mayor and city councils doesn't mean it is an actual city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top