U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:22 PM

12,683 posts, read 8,747,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Re: the bolded part - those kinds of posts rarely if ever get posted in the Canada forum and if they do they are usually posted by foreigners bringing it to the Canada forum. I can't remember when was the last time anything like that was posted in the Canada forum. They mostly get posted on a frequent basis in the World forum and not by Canadians, they get posted by people who live in other countries and have usually never been to Canada. So please be honest and don't try to lay that trip on the Canada forum and Canadians, take it to the World forum and people from other countries.

...and a lot of those surveys and studies are done by NON-CANADIAN organizations, but we get blamed for them, especially the Vancouver liveability rankings LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 02:46 PM

342 posts, read 395,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Re: the bolded part - those kinds of posts rarely if ever get posted in the Canada forum and if they do they are usually posted by foreigners bringing it to the Canada forum. I can't remember when was the last time anything like that was posted in the Canada forum. They mostly get posted on a frequent basis in the World forum and not by Canadians, they get posted by people who live in other countries and have usually never been to Canada. So please be honest and don't try to lay that trip on the Canada forum and Canadians, take it to the World forum and people from other countries.

Can you point to where I tried "to lay that trip" on Canadians"?? Or any nationality for that matter? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...and a lot of those surveys and studies are done by NON-CANADIAN organizations, but we get blamed for them, especially the Vancouver liveability rankings LOL
No, what Vancouverites get blamed for is the beyond ignorant "Best place on Earth" license plates.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:29 PM

7,226 posts, read 6,575,780 times
But .... but .... but ..... it IS the very best, most excellent place on earth !!!!

Also, don't you know how to read your own posts? I quoted you and you said it right in your own post.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:24 PM

12,683 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMike91 View Post
Can you point to where I tried "to lay that trip" on Canadians"?? Or any nationality for that matter? Didn't think so.

No, what Vancouverites get blamed for is the beyond ignorant "Best place on Earth" license plates.
Considering it was the Provincial government who chose the slogan, your blaming Vancouver is misplaced.
Also the slogan was disliked and even hated by many who live here, including myself.

It also hasn't been used since 2011.

There was even an online petition to get rid of it.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:45 PM

5,723 posts, read 3,201,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The only real serious problem Canada has is that it is located so close to Detroit.
OMG. Seriously? Can you PLEASE start singing a different tune? You are now like one of those tired old acts in Vegas that repeat the same act, night after night after night, year after year after year, because they have nowhere else to go.

Mind you, I saw you in the Detroit threads just the other day, and you were a little more humble there. It was a mighty pleasant surprise.

Tell us, drro: What happened to you when you lived in the US? What the heck was it? Because your constant rantings reveal that you have a personal ax to grind against the US. So, considering that you spend SO much time in the Canadian threads (trashing the US), you might as well come clean. And come to think of it, you clearly could benefit from a little therapy, so you should make optimal use of your time here and kill two birds with one stone.

Since we Canadians are such a "nice" bunch, we'll be willing to be your collective therapist. Just this once.

Won't we, gang?

Take your time. We know this must be difficult for you.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:49 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times
For all the survey's out there about C.O.L and Q.O.L that rank Canada highly I think we need to call a spade a spade... Canada really is one of the best countries to live in for the majority of its citizens.. Is it the best, no I wouldn't say that but it would be pretty nonsensical and silly to just dismiss it as being a middle of the pack country.. There are some nations with a smaller population that do as well - a bit better but not many... There is nothing wrong in being proud of what we have - is there... Should we be apologetic about it - NOOOO... Its not about seeing things with rose coloured glasses - its seeing things as they are.. Can we improve on things - naturally but If you don't believe that it is a great country to live in for the majority - consider how the average person lives in Canada versus how 90 percent of the earth's population lives everywhere else....

Old 12-20-2014, 04:52 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
OMG. Seriously? Can you PLEASE start singing a different tune? You are now like one of those tired old acts in Vegas that repeat the same act, night after night after night, year after year after year, because they have nowhere else to go.

Mind you, I saw you in the Detroit threads just the other day, and you were a little more humble there. It was a mighty pleasant surprise.

Tell us, drro: What happened to you when you lived in the US? What the heck was it? Because your constant rantings reveal that you have a personal ax to grind against the US. So, considering that you spend SO much time in the Canadian threads (trashing the US), you might as well come clean. And come to think of it, you clearly could benefit from a little therapy, so you should make optimal use of your time here and kill two birds with one stone.

Since we Canadians are such a "nice" bunch, we'll be willing to be your collective therapist. Just this once.

Won't we, gang?
I don't know what this obsession is with banging down on Detroit... Ok it has its issues but I actually like many aspects of it.. Emerging arts and culinary scene, motown, The Wright, The Henry Ford and the Detroit Institute of Arts - plus some fantastic architecture... Truth be told - the majority in the Detroit metro live a very decent life....

Old 12-20-2014, 04:57 PM

5,723 posts, read 3,201,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't know what this obsession is with banging down on Detroit... Ok it has its issues but I actually like many aspects of it.. Emerging arts and culinary scene, motown, The Wright, The Henry Ford and the Detroit Institute of Arts - plus some fantastic architecture... Truth be told - the majority in the Detroit metro live a very decent life....
As someone who lived in Metro Detroit for 14 years, I can attest to this. Suburban Detroit is lovely; I got tired of the city's problems, but I never tired of the lush, green beauty of the suburbs. And truth be told, I'll take downtown Detroit long before I'll take the downtown cores of other US and Canadian cities, all of which shall remain nameless here. Although we decided it wasn't for us in the long term, Metro Detroit was good to us in many ways.

So there, drro!

Old 12-20-2014, 06:40 PM

5 posts, read 4,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan1990 View Post
I see so many negative opinions about Canada (mostly from Americans I would assume) implying that Canada is a total write off and such. Whats with that?
Kind of like the forums on the CBC website, only in reverse -

"I see so many negative opinions about the US (mostly from Canadians I would assume) implying that the US is a total write off and such. Whats with that?"

Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,155,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Haha, I love the one about the beer ! Yep, you Canadians really know good beer. In fact, Homeland Security has strung a line of these traps along the border to catch you "illegals" when you try to enter the States !

BTW, nice to see people who can laugh at themselves........it is becoming a lost trait.

Don
I'm proud to say I've never fallen for that trap. The only reason being is the USDHS keeps putting cases of "Canadian" under them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus059 View Post
Right on. It's my experience that anything that's main stream is mostly garbage anyhow.

LOL Yeah, I recall the days when we'd stop at the duty free shop on the way back home so we could grab a few cases of your "garbage". Great times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Won't we, gang?

Take your time. We know this must be difficult for you.

I know he was trying to bait me with that Detroit comment. I didn't have the energy for it, so thanks, dixie. lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada