Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:20 AM

44 posts, read 77,551 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure there are many more cities besides Detroit and Oshawa in both countries, correct?

Why not expound on these? Or are most people only in this thread for the Det vs Osh argument?

Also, Fox News was cited earlier on in here. What most Canadians do not realize is that most cable companies in the states offer Fox with their basic cable packages. Most of the other news outlets must be paid for through the purchase of an additional package. Hence the over-inflated statistics for news sourcing. I can assure you WE DON'T ALL WATCH FOX NEWS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 08:35 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus059 View Post
Pretty sure there are many more cities besides Detroit and Oshawa in both countries, correct?

Why not expound on these? Or are most people only in this thread for the Det vs Osh argument?

Also, Fox News was cited earlier on in here. What most Canadians do not realize is that most cable companies in the states offer Fox with their basic cable packages. Most of the other news outlets must be paid for through the purchase of an additional package. Hence the over-inflated statistics for news sourcing. I can assure you WE DON'T ALL WATCH FOX NEWS!
what's wrong with Fox News? It is not like CNN is superior or more reliable. They are equally brain washing media outlets.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Why would we have a problem with our 51st state?

Old 12-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
what's wrong with Fox News? It is not like CNN is superior or more reliable. They are equally brain washing media outlets.
A better question you should've/could've asked is: What facts does Fox News get correct?

BTW- I gather my news from a variety of sources, and then formulate my opinion based on factual evidence.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:51 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus059 View Post
A better question you should've/could've asked is: What facts does Fox News get correct?

BTW- I gather my news from a variety of sources, and then formulate my opinion based on factual evidence.
OK then, since your assertion supposes that FOX never gets it's news reportage correct, using factual evidence, show us how Fox News gets it all wrong.

If you cannot do this then you illustrate either complete ignorance of the facts, which means your opinions are all necessarily wrong or you are brainwashed by the outlets that you put your faith into, which again, means your opinions are all necessarily wrong.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 12-22-2014 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
OK then, since your assertion supposes that FOX never gets it's news reportage correct, using factual evidence, show us how Fox News gets it all wrong.

If you cannot do this then you illustrate either complete ignorance of the facts, which means your opinions are all necessarily wrong or you are brainwashed by the outlets that you put your faith into, which again, means your opinions are all necessarily wrong.
Appears I've hit a Faux Noise watchers nerve. Sorry you get you're news from there. I suggest you change the channel, turn off the TV, or start researching nonpartisan news outlets online for accurate information.

Also, I've neither the time nor energy to debate this or any other issue with you. Now you know where I stand. Happy Holidays!! (Oh, no I said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Xmas! The war on Christmas must be alive and well? ?).

Old 12-22-2014, 01:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:

Romney in a landslide..
Better yet read em for yourself.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q=fox+news+blunders

Old 12-22-2014, 02:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,545,978 times
Quote:

The key word in your post is " outlets ", plural. How many news source do you seek out? How many are from outside of the US?

I read and watch Canadian news and blogs. As well as Australian and British. I put a healthy mistrust in mainstream media but trust some more than others...track record you know.

All major news agencies have a slant, some much, much worse than others since the slant on the news is not just a view, but factually incorrect.

So much so two American politicians seem to be getting their info from Fox News and are allowed to spout lies on Fox News ( in the case of Mccain ).

9/11 terrorists came from Canada, McCain insists | Toronto Star

Last edited by Natnasci; 12-22-2014 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
There are over 39 million black people in the US. More than there are people in Canada, period. That did not pop up in your mind as a factor at all? Seriously?
Of course it has. Also the history of blacks in the US plays a part. All of it plays a part...in racism.

That is WHY I brought up race riots , as an example of the effects of racism reaching a boiling point,in comparison to Canada, a country with a different history.

So it begs the question, does the US have more racism because of it's history( in regards to blacks )? After all, the question came up which country is more racist. I'm not saying there isn't racism in Canada, First Nations is a prime example.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
On this I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada