U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 03:43 AM

12,581 posts, read 11,146,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Right there is your problem. Even Black Canadians say that Canada sweeps it under the rug in another thread. Of course BruSan and fusion2 got upset about that as well.

Upset about it? How do you draw that conclusion by what I wrote in that thread? You do realize I am one of the least likely individuals to sweep matters of race under the carpet.. I grew up in Jane/Finch from 3 y.o to 19 y.o and most of my life long friends are minorities including blacks..

Old 01-04-2015, 06:32 AM

18,282 posts, read 10,383,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Americans is a term that hardly applies on this subject;IMO. The regional difference within US are huge really. They are as different has European nations really.
As are the regional differences within Canada (being a larger country) that Americans on this thread keep referring only as "Canada" or "Canadian" in their bullcrap slinging session.

What is it with these fools who demand one set of rules for everyone else while resorting to gross generalizations and stereotyping as regards anything they offer up about Canada?

Last edited by BruSan; 01-04-2015 at 07:07 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Well it does kind of through a wrench in the whole being more tolerant and diverse argument from Canadians.

Actually we tend not to deny it. We talk about it actually unlike Canada which doesn't talk about race relations.
Actually, no it doesn't! You resort to totality in numbers in the same manner as the schoolyard bully screaming "I've got more than you on my side".

There are any number of countries on this planet that are far more diverse than the U.S. and I would warrant all of them have less over-all population than the U.S. , less visible minority population than the U.S. and no majority non-white cities.

Your constant referring to those markers just makes your arguments more strident and ineffective.

You talk about it alright and dismiss it casually as just another thug getting shot for his misbehaviour and that not bothering you a whole lot.

Your last little bit about the shooting in Ferguson finally reveals you fully.

Racially demarked riots are not about the trigger episode and for you to visibly link them in that manner has just driven a spike through the center of your "Canadians being dismissive" crappola. That silliness is about as dismissive of facts apparent as it is possible to get.

You are the very last person who should be accusing anyone of dismissive thinking as regards the topic of racism bub.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 AM

[quote=cwa1984;37876317]Right there is your problem. Even Black Canadians say that Canada sweeps it under the rug in another thread. Of course BruSan and fusion2 got upset about that as well.

Brusan got upset? Well right there is a demonstration of your ability to resort to hyperbole and exaggeration, further eroding your minimal credibility.

"One if you need medical treatment in the United States you can go to the er and they will treat you. They can't legally turn you away so your comment is bs in regards to zero access to medical care."

One: if you resort to the ER, they will be treated and stabilised only (as provided for by EMTLA) in the ER and then sent on their way to resume living with their death sentence. ER treatment protocols have existed for decades in every single developed nation without requiring a craptastic piece of legislation to prohibit the 'care-for-profit' motive denial of emergency treatment. Perhaps bragging over the fact you required legislation to prevent emergency patients from being turned away at the door is not the best pedestal to stand upon.

TWO: thousands of Americans do not even get as far as the ER before dying of an untreated illness as many are forced to because they have no GP or primary care doctor due to lack of insurance.

THREE: Denial of coverage by third party providers is common enough that people die while treatment is delayed.

Do I really need to provide the thousands of easily available links proving all of this?

As you've said yourself; google is your friend. It certainly works or us.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:02 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,276,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well what do you think would happen to the U.S economy if it didn't trade with anyone because it felt that there were no 'equals' and as such it is just too good for everyone else..The way you sort of personify the U.S - Its almost like equating it with the buff/tall guy who can't take his eyes... off himself in the mirror.. You know, starts flexing his muscles and smiles at how good looking he thinks he is, how buff he is, perfect tan - pearly whites ya know.. Nobody is good enough for him lol....
Your acting like a child in this post.

Quote:
Let me ask you.. If you were the leader of Canada and had the power to control the relationship with the U.S absolutely -
This question is irrelevant since I won't ever be the leader of Canada and Canada will never completely control it's relationship with the United States.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Brusan got upset? Well right there is a demonstration of your ability to resort to hyperbole and exaggeration, further eroding your minimal credibility.
lol your referring to yourself in third person now?

As far as the hyperbole goes I believe I pointed out you resorting to hyperbole quite a few times with some of your rather dumb comments like

Quote:
Canada by any measurement you can find, used by any intelligent person of reason, is in no way as racist as the U.S. and that is a FACT!
Yeah absolutely no hyperbole in that statement.

Quote:
One: if you resort to the ER, they will be treated and stabilised only (as provided for by EMTLA) in the ER and then sent on their way to resume living with their death sentence.
Point being you got medical treatment not ie left to just die after a car crash without getting treated at all.

Quote:
Perhaps bragging over the fact you required legislation to prevent emergency patients from being turned away at the door is not the best pedestal to stand upon.
I pointed it out because we have people like you on here that make nonsense exaggerated statements when ever it comes to the United States. If I didn't say anything you would be implying in the United States if you get in a car wreck they will just let you die if you don't have insurance which is not the case.

Quote:
TWO: thousands of Americans do not even get as far as the ER before dying of an untreated illness as many are forced to because they have no GP or primary care doctor due to lack of insurance.
Links? Proof?

Quote:
Do I really need to provide the thousands of easily available links proving all of this?
Yeah you do actually since the burden of proof is on you for making the claim.

Quote:
As you've said yourself; google is your friend. It certainly works or us.
Ah so now you are just going to be lazy.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:34 AM

1,524 posts, read 2,264,566 times
Quote:
Right there is your problem. Even Black Canadians say that Canada sweeps it under the rug in another thread.
An even better thread for that:

Is Canada less racist than America?

Old 01-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Oh alrighty then, if I must, but I would have thought even the most ill-informed of Americans being less than interested in reading more indictments about the terrible state of healthcare provision in the U.S.

New Report Tallies Death Rates Among People Who Lack Health Insurance | Kaiser Health News

Mortality and lack of health insurance Science-Based Medicine

From above link: "Well do I remember my days as a surgery resident rotating in the county hospital, when we used to joke about the Friday afternoon phone calls to transfer patients who had failed a wallet biopsy. "

Because Fox Asked, Here Are Examples Of People Who Were Denied Health Care | Research | Media Matters for America

https://www.justice.org/sites/defaul...nceTactics.pdf

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

Doctors Reject Difficult Patients, Deny Medical Care

Bill would let Michigan doctors, EMTs refuse to treat gay patients - CBS News

More Doctors Refusing ObamaCare Patients

Doctors refuse to treat Obamacare patients, say they can't afford to - NaturalNews.com

You will of course understand why I've limited my links to just a few as being charitable in nature rather than desiring to rub salt in an open wound left untreated?

Now, while we're on the topic of laziness; what is it called refuting using only generalizations and stereotypical opinion rather than proof of accusation.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Actually, no it doesn't! You resort to totality in numbers in the same manner as the schoolyard bully screaming "I've got more than you on my side".
This pretty much sums it up doesn't it? You view anyone with a negative view of Canada as being a bully but you will cut the **** out of the US and think it's perfectly normal while considering yourself as being more tolerant then Americans are. Going full circle with my earlier comment about Canadians being two faced and hypocritical when it comes to the United States.

Quote:
You talk about it alright and dismiss it casually as just another thug getting shot for his misbehaviour and that not bothering you a whole lot.
It doesn't truth be told. We saw a video of him at the convenience store stealing and threatening the owner. He was found to have been smoking pot all day and told an officer to **** off and the officer did having bruising indicating that he was attacked. So no I don't care that he got he shot because he brought it on himself.

Quote:
Your last little bit about the shooting in Ferguson finally reveals you fully.

Racially demarked riots are not about the trigger episode and for you to visibly link them in that manner has just driven a spike through the center of your "Canadians being dismissive" crappola. That silliness is about as dismissive of facts apparent as it is possible to get.
The point I made earlier and still stands that since there was perceived racism it got attention and was talked about...in Canada again that doesn't happen.

Quote:
You are the very last person who should be accusing anyone of dismissive thinking as regards the topic of racism bub.
So I have a question should someone like Charles Barkley then never be allowed to talk about race since his comments about the incident mirror my own.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:57 AM

[quote=cwa1984;37879661]lol your referring to yourself in third person now?

Reading comprehension not one of your base skills achievements?

Yeah absolutely no hyperbole in that statement.

Where's the factual rebuttal to the word FACT contained within. Until then .....pot/kettle.

Point being you got medical treatment not ie left to just die after a car crash without getting treated at all.

I pointed it out because we have people like you on here that make nonsense exaggerated statements when ever it comes to the United States. If I didn't say anything you would be implying in the United States if you get in a car wreck they will just let you die if you don't have insurance which is not the case.

You do not have people "like me" making any such claim but don't confuse yourself with yet another fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada