U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:10 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh alrighty then, if I must, but I would have thought even the most ill-informed of Americans being less than interested in reading more indictments about the terrible state of healthcare provision in the U.S.
*Yawn* You feel better now?

Quote:
You will of course understand why I've limited my links to just a few as being charitable in nature rather than desiring to rub salt in an open wound left untreated?
No keep on going. You might as well get the typical holier then thou Canadian attitude out of the way. Also if you really paid attention at all you would've noticed I never said the US healthcare system is great or even good now did I? But then again Canada's "free" healthcare system isn't always great or "free" for that matter?

Quote:
Now, while we're on the topic of laziness; what is it called refuting using only generalizations and stereotypical opinion rather than proof of accusation.
Why don't you tell me since you keep going on about race relations in Canada being better then the United States while having less minorities and the only thing you could come up with was Mike Brown.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Reading comprehension not one of your base skills achievements?
You did refer to yourself in the third person.

Quote:
Where's the factual rebuttal to the word FACT contained within. Until then .....pot/kettle.
You didn't give any facts that's why I called you out the hyperbole and your getting upset about that to. How typical.

Quote:
You do not have people "like me" making any such claim but don't confuse yourself with yet another fact.
Actually your buddy Canadiangirll oh I'm sorry "drro" was making such claims and you kept backing him or her.

Last edited by cwa1984; 01-04-2015 at 11:24 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 AM

18,263 posts, read 10,362,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
This pretty much sums it up doesn't it? You view anyone with a negative view of Canada as being a bully but you will cut the **** out of the US and think it's perfectly normal while considering yourself as being more tolerant then Americans are. Going full circle with my earlier comment about Canadians being two faced and hypocritical when it comes to the United States.

Nonsense! I likened your post using erroneous stuff about numbers to a schoolyard bully saying he has strength in numbers and for you to now once again generalize in such a manner is just more of the same.

Like yourself, I'll cut the ****out of the US in the very same manner yourself and others have been doing on here. My **** meter is just as finely tuned as yours. I don't like bullcrap about my country any more than you do about yours.

It doesn't truth be told. We saw a video of him at the convenience store stealing and threatening the owner. He was found to have been smoking pot all day and told an officer to **** off and the officer did having bruising indicating that he was attacked. So no I don't care that he got he shot because he brought it on himself.

And yet once again you have totally miss the freak'n point!

The point I made earlier and still stands that since there was perceived racism it got attention and was talked about...in Canada again that doesn't happen.

And once again you'd be making another sweeping generalization bullcrap statement not founded upon facts, wouldn't you?

So I have a question should someone like Charles Barkley then never be allowed to talk about race since his comments about the incident mirror my own.
Back to the point you never addressed, which was that of your lack of understanding about those/that event/s being merely trigger events and not the sum total of grievances being rioted over; or had you thought not addressing that would merely make it go away? Was Charles Barkley debating that also?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
*Yawn* You feel better now?

Yep; I do. Where's your factual link for rebuttal Mr Lazy

No keep on going. You might as well get the typical holier then thou Canadian attitude out of the way. Also if you really paid attention at all you would've noticed I never said the US healthcare system is great or even good now did I? But then again Canada's "free" healthcare system isn't always great or "free" for that matter?

Wow; you're so good at being the pot you've forgotten you were more recently a kettle.

It totally escapes you that what you have thrived upon throughout this thread; the accusations of 'Canadian holier than thou attitude' along with 'stereotypes' and 'generalizations', you've veritably mastered and done nothing but foster as just another "arrogant American".

Why don't you tell me since you keep going on about race relations in Canada being better then the United States while having less blah, blah, blah ...debunked with factual link to government census site ... and the only thing you could come up with was Mike Brown.
And once again yet another error in the Mike Brown case being the only trigger event I mentioned. The Mike Brown case was the ONLY case YOU chose to respond to with your statement of not being the least concerned. Dismissive in that you talk about the case rather than the causation for the riots and acrimony currently being grappled with due to racism in the U.S.

I'm going on about it due to your repetitive generalizations regarding the topic as regards Canada being more racist than the U.S. not talking about it at all as in: "talks never happen in Canada".

I'll end with; if talking about it, as you say those "talks" happen in the U.S. is in any manner effective, why then are your towns burning, stores looted and cops being sniped? Wash, rinse, repeat on an almost annual basis being the norm now.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Nonsense! I likened your post using erroneous stuff about numbers to a schoolyard bully saying he has strength in numbers and for you to now once again generalize in such a manner is just more of the same.

So saying that the US and Canada aren't equals due to Canada economically being severely dependent on the US, Canada being a middle power and unable to project hard power everywhere in the world. While Stating the United States makes up 20-25% of global GDP, can project hard power anywhere in the world and is a hyperpower is essentially me being a school yard bully for saying the two countries aren't equal. Yeah okay.

Quote:
Like yourself, I'll cut the ****out of the US in the very same manner yourself and others have been doing on here.

Well if you actually paid attention you would've realized I've been defending the US from bs allegations on here and not going full attack on Canada. I did say Canadians have a very two faced and hypocritcal view of the United States and I would say you have been proving me right.

Quote:
My **** meter is just as finely tuned as yours. I don't like bullcrap about my country any more than you do about yours.

You got all bent of shape on here when I stated don't expect the United States and Americans just to automatically say yes if they had the choice to absorb Canada. You got all pissed off and went off into a rant about absorbing Canada is a United States wet dream and have been getting more upset when I stated why the US could turn down the offer since than.

Quote:
And yet once again you have totally miss the freak'n point!
What that black man was shot by the police? I already covered why I'm not concerned about it.

Quote:
And once again you'd be making another sweeping generalization bullcrap statement not founded upon facts, wouldn't you?
What like your statement that "anyone with any intellect realizes that America is more racist". You mean that idiotic sweeping generalization you stated as "fact".

Quote:
Back to the point you never addressed, which was that of your lack of understanding about those/that event/s being merely trigger events and not the sum total of grievances being rioted over;
I look at an event like the shooting of Mike Brown being blown up by the media.

Quote:
or had you thought not addressing that would merely make it go away? Was Charles Barkley debating that also?
Charles Barkley stated he was a Thug who got shot for attacking a police officer which is essentially what happened.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yep; I do.
Well good for you then.

Quote:
Wow; you're so good at being the pot you've forgotten you were more recently a kettle.

It totally escapes you that what you have thrived upon throughout this thread; the accusations of 'Canadian holier than thou attitude' along with 'stereotypes' and 'generalizations', you've veritably mastered and done nothing but foster as just another "arrogant American".
Quote:
debunked with factual link to government census site
Actually no since I posted statistics of race in both Canada and the United States and provided links to them.

That's typical you trying to label me that but in reality the bashing has been coming from the Canadian side and your just angry that I didn't just tuck my tale between my legs and not say anything.

Quote:
And once again yet another error in the Mike Brown case being the only trigger event I mentioned. The Mike Brown case was the ONLY case you chose to respond to with your statement of not being the least concerned. Dismissive in that you talk about the case rather than the causation for the riots and acrimony currently being grappled with due to racism in the U.S.
The reason why I responded to the Mike Brown case is that it was the one that was brought up as some holy grail to present the United States as this "hate filled country" from drro no less who isn't even a Canadian or an American and has an axe to grind with the United States. As far as talking about the riots and what all led up to them goes didn't the US media cover that for months? When does the Canadian media spend time on race relations in Canada?

Quote:
I'm going on about it due to your repetitive generalizations regarding the topic as regards Canada being more racist than the U.S. not talking about it at all as in: "talks never happen in Canada".
I actually haven't said Canada is more racist I've stated it's hypocritical of Canadians to label the United States as more racist since you don't have the amount of minorities that the United States has and haven't walked in our shoes. I've said that for a while now and I first stated that way back on page 2

Quote:
Says the person from a country that has very few black people in it saying it's color blind compared to it's neighbor that has more African Americans in the country than there are Canadians...not to mention the differences in the amount of Asians and there being almost no Hispanic community at all in Canada where as in the United States it is huge. Point I'm getting at here is that Canada has not walked in America's shoes in this issue so saying that it is less racist is rather hilarious since you don't know that since you don't have near the amount of minorities that the US has.
Quote:
I'll end with; if talking about it, as you say those "talks" happen in the U.S. is in any manner effective, why then are your towns burning, stores looted and cops being sniped? Wash, rinse, repeat on an almost annual basis being the norm now.
Yeah we talked about it a lot and continue to do so. As far as our "towns" burning goes and "police being sniped" the riots are over the US didn't dissolve into civil war based on race like you keep trying to imply. Would the outcome be the same in Canada? Don't know since you don't have the amount of blacks we do and you haven't walked in ours shoes so implying it wouldn't is rather ignorant.

Last edited by cwa1984; 01-04-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:

So saying that the US and Canada aren't equals due to Canada economically being severely dependent on the US, Canada being a middle power and unable to project hard power everywhere in the world. While Stating the United States makes up 20-25% of global GDP, can project hard power anywhere in the world and is a hyperpower is essentially me being a school yard bully for saying the two countries aren't equal. Yeah okay.

What the hell are you banging on about now? The numbers reference was to your nonsense about more blacks in the U.S. equating to ......sheesh

Well if you actually paid attention you would've realized I've been defending the US from bs allegations on here and not going full attack on Canada. I did say Canadians have a very two faced and hypocritcal view of the United States and I would say you have been proving me right.

And once again; your defense methods have proven you to be just another arrogant American

You got all bent of shape on here when I stated don't expect the United States and Americans just to automatically say yes if they had the choice to absorb Canada. You got all pissed off and went off into a rant about absorbing Canada is a United States wet dream and have been getting more upset when I stated why the US could turn down the offer since than.

I did not get all "bent of shape", "pizzed off" or "ranted"....... I disagreed with you. Goodness me, you must have been a tormented kid in school. I did in fact mention contemporary political leaders and authors in the U.S. floating the annexation (as opposed to merger) balloon from time to time and called it a "wet dream" for good reason.

What that black man was shot by the police? I already covered why I'm not concerned about it.

What like your statement that "anyone with any intellect realizes that America is more racist". You mean that idiotic sweeping generalization you stated as "fact".

Racism in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, using your by now well known chosen method of obfuscation, it remains a fact until you post factual links to refute it, or is your accusation of laziness from others just another of your methods of deflection.

I look at an event like the shooting of Mike Brown being blown up by the media.

Charles Barkley stated he was a Thug who got shot for attacking a police officer which is essentially what happened.
We ALL know what happened. We, as in other countries, also know it was simply a "trigger event" uncapping a surge of anger at real or perceived grievances of a racist nature held by blacks towards whites. Your accusation towards me of being dismissive towards racism within Canada is especially oxymoronic given your lack of perception.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:13 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,130,951 times
Quote:
As are the regional differences within Canada (being a larger country) that Americans on this thread keep referring only as "Canada" or "Canadian" in their bullcrap slinging session.

What is it with these fools who demand one set of rules for everyone else while resorting to gross generalizations and stereotyping as regards anything they offer up about Canada?
Amen brother! In red undercores a fatal flaw in their logic and complete double standards.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Your acting like a child in this post.

This question is irrelevant since I won't ever be the leader of Canada and Canada will never completely control it's relationship with the United States.
How was I acting like a child? You project this National Adonis complex to the U.S if you will and are dismissive of nations with smaller economies and populations so if you're that great why trade or have relationships with anyone at all - you are so clearly superior to everyone else and every relationship you have with othes will be imbalanced so what is the point... You will always make them 'feel' inferior or quickly use that card at the first sign of anger or frustation.. Put another way - say you have a bigger and faster car than your friend and accuse him of using you because of it and throw that in in their face - do you think the reaction would be positive for the relationship or negative.. Will they feel than you are a self obsessed and dismissive? Getting into a pissing match about who depends on one another more is silly.. Having said that, the approach of you are smaller than us, you depend on us more than we do you - it really is the perfect way to harm and distance the relationship and ultimately what once was the greatest trade relationship known to humanity, just becomes a distant memory as the little guy gets sick of the chest pumping and decides enough is enough...

So all you do is complain about how Canada engages with the U.S on any number of matters. You complain about how ungrateful most Canadians are when it comes to our 'superior' neighbours - yet you offer no solutions as to how this can be remedied....The way I see it, if things remain status quo and ilk with your views make decisions in the U.S, the approach to American F.P towards Canada would be akin to its approach to Cuba.

Last edited by fusion2; 01-04-2015 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-04-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
This pretty much sums it up doesn't it? You view anyone with a negative view of Canada as being a bully but you will cut the **** out of the US and think it's perfectly normal while considering yourself as being more tolerant then Americans are. Going full circle with my earlier comment about Canadians being two faced and hypocritical when it comes to the United States.

I disagree... You see anything whereby a Canadian expresses that there are differences between the two nations as some sort of attack on the U.S. It is then blown way out of proportion and create a life all its own and than start beating your chest and playing the bully card.. Bully tactics and a drama Queen at the same time! Its called being "high maintenance"

The fortunate thing is - you don't speak for most Americans nor do you speak for your government but like everyone in C/D world - entitled to their opinion of course

Last edited by fusion2; 01-04-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada