U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What the hell are you banging on about now? The numbers reference was to your nonsense about more blacks in the U.S. equating to ......sheesh
lol please explain how that was nonsense.

Quote:
And once again; your defense methods have proven you to be just another arrogant American
Pot calling the kettle black.

Quote:
I did not get all "bent of shape", "pizzed off" or "ranted".......
I'm calling bs

Quote:
I disagreed with you. Goodness me, you must have been a tormented kid in school.
nice ad hominem attack there.

Quote:
I did in fact mention contemporary political leaders and authors in the U.S. floating the annexation
Yet you provided no sources.

Quote:
(as opposed to merger)
It's the same thing since they won't be a merger since we the two countries aren't equals like UK, France, Germany, etc. in the EU.

Quote:
balloon from time to time and called it a "wet dream" for good reason.
You really think the United States would want Canada if they had to deal with millions of Canadians with a similar attitude that you have displayed about the US?

Quote:
Well, using your by now well known chosen method of obfuscation, it remains a fact until you post factual links to refute it, or is your accusation of laziness from others just another of your methods of deflection.
Your link doesn't prove the United States is more racists then Canada which is what you have been claiming. Your link doesn't do anything to prove or disprove your supposed "fact".

As far as my "hidden meaning" in my messages goes I've been stating the same thing page after page that Canada doesn't have the amount of minorities that the United States and you definitely haven't walked in our shoes in this matter so claiming Canada is "less racist" then the United States is rather ignorant.

Quote:
We ALL know what happened.
Really then why did you claim we don't talk about race in the US earlier?

Quote:
We, as in other countries, also know it was simply a "trigger event"
You mean other countries like Russia that have been claiming for years/decades that the United States at any moment is heading to a racial civil war.

Quote:
uncapping a surge of anger at real or perceived grievances of a racist nature held by blacks towards whites.
So your telling me you subscribe to the Russian view that any moment the United States is going to break out into racial civil war?

Quote:
Your accusation towards me of being dismissive towards racism within Canada is especially oxymoronic given your lack of perception.
I'm not just saying your dismissive I'm saying your down right delusional now.

 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Amen brother! In red undercores a fatal flaw in their logic and complete double standards.
Your going amen brother but you both are doing the same exact thing you accuse others of.
 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
How was I acting like a child? You project this National Adonis complex to the U.S if you will and are dismissive of nations with smaller economies and populations
Oh please I stated that the United States and Canada aren't equal in terms of Economics and Geopolitical power and you got all bent out of shape over that. You want to portray Canada as an equal to the United States when that is just clearly not the case. This isn't Europe where the relationship between the United States and Canada is the same as that between UK, France, Germany, etc. Regardless of how much you wish things to be different they are not.

Quote:
You will always make them 'feel' inferior or quickly use that card at the first sign of anger or frustation
It's not anger or frustration it's a simple fact. As of right now the United States has no equal that is why it is referred to as a hyperpower or the lone superpower.

Quote:
Getting into a pissing match about who depends on one another more is silly..
Your the one who brought it up.

Quote:
Having said that, the approach of you are smaller than us, you depend on us more than we do you- it really is the perfect way to harm and distance the relationship and ultimately what once was the greatest trade relationship known to humanity, just becomes a distant memory as the little guy gets sick of the chest pumping and decides enough is enough...
Actually what I did was just put the relationship in it's proper perspective and you are going on and on about how that hurts your feelings. My response to that would be tough **** and my advice would be to look at the positives of Canada not being the sole superpower in the world because it has a ton of drawbacks to it.

Quote:
So all you do is complain about how Canada engages with the U.S on any number of matters.
Funny I see that coming from Canadians complaining about the US not giving them special treatment. All of I've done is point out the bull****. One of my favorite posts on City Data was actually on Canada/United States relations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
OP let me spell it out for you and everyone else reading this. If your an American Canada doesn't owe you ****. If your a Canadian America doesn't owe you ****. Canada does not owe Americans the ability to freely move into that country. The United States doesn't owe Canadians an open border for them to travel across anytime they wish for any purpose they want. They are two different countries not a united country and they can make laws to suit them regardless if it annoys citizens from another country. If you don't like that well tough **** because that is how it is.
Quote:
You complain about how ungrateful most Canadians are when it comes to our 'superior' neighbours -
I didn't say the US was superior I said our relationship is not one of equals.
 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I disagree... You see anything whereby a Canadian expresses that there are differences between the two nations as some sort of attack on the U.S.
I consider dumb comments like Canada isn't racist like America and Canada is much more tolerant then America as attacks. Those comments I have responded to.

Quote:
It is then blown way out of proportion and create a life all its own and than start beating your chest and
Indeed this did get blown out of proportion when you stated that I secretly wanted to annex the United States and I said no and that I wouldn't count on the US annexing Canada if it had the opportunity to do so. Which sent BruSan up the wall in anger that America doesn't have a "wet dream" to take over Canada.

Quote:
playing the bully card
That was brought up by BruSan which I will admit did give me a good laugh.

Quote:
.. Bully tactics and a drama Queen at the same time! Its called being "high maintenance"
Like what you are doing right now?

Quote:
The fortunate thing is - you don't speak for most Americans
Honestly I don't think Canadians would like the opinion of most Americans if they were as informed about Canada as Canadians are about the United States.

Quote:
nor do you speak for your government but like everyone in C/D world - entitled to their opinion of course
Well thanks for acknowledging I'm entitled to my own opinion. BruSan just tells people to **** if they disagree with him or her.
 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,194,441 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Oh please I stated that the United States and Canada aren't equal in terms of Economics and Geopolitical power and you got all bent out of shape over that. You want to portray Canada as an equal to the United States when that is just clearly not the case. This isn't Europe where the relationship between the United States and Canada is the same as that between UK, France, Germany, etc. Regardless of how much you wish things to be different they are not.



It's not anger or frustration it's a simple fact. As of right now the United States has no equal that is why it is referred to as a hyperpower or the lone superpower.



Your the one who brought it up.



Actually what I did was just put the relationship in it's proper perspective and you are going on and on about how that hurts your feelings. My response to that would be tough **** and my advice would be to look at the positives of Canada not being the sole superpower in the world because it has a ton of drawbacks to it.



Funny I see that coming from Canadians complaining about the US not giving them special treatment. All of I've done is point out the bull****. One of my favorite posts on City Data was actually on Canada/United States relations.





I didn't say the US was superior I said our relationship is not one of equals.
You have a strange way of dealing with friends.. "Canada - you are not our equal.. You have a smaller car and a smaller house and you need us more than we need you, you're a middle power and always will be and my success is only my success and you are a failure.. Now shut up and go into your corner but before that make me a coffee arrrghhh"..

I think its a good thing for you to stay out of politics to be honest.. You'd isolate your country unnecessarily and than there would be real impact to your superiority lol..

Last edited by fusion2; 01-04-2015 at 02:04 PM..
 
Old 01-04-2015, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,194,441 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
I consider dumb comments like Canada isn't racist like America and Canada is much more tolerant then America as attacks. Those comments I have responded to.

Indeed this did get blown out of proportion when you stated that I secretly wanted to annex the United States and I said no and that I wouldn't count on the US annexing Canada if it had the opportunity to do so. Which sent BruSan up the wall in anger that America doesn't have a "wet dream" to take over Canada.

That was brought up by BruSan which I will admit did give me a good laugh.

Like what you are doing right now?

Honestly I don't think Canadians would like the opinion of most Americans if they were as informed about Canada as Canadians are about the United States.

Well thanks for acknowledging I'm entitled to my own opinion. BruSan just tells people to **** if they disagree with him or her.
Dude you're mixing me up with others.. You mix up details and associations because your commentary is so outlandish you can hardly keep up with it.. When did I say that you wanted to annex Canada?? When did I also say that Canada doesn't exhibit racism...??
 
Old 01-04-2015, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You have a strange way of dealing with friends.. "Canada - you are not our equal..
The United States and Canada are not equals. If that upsets you oh well because that is reality. In all honesty being a superpower is not all that it's cracked up to be. So Canada actually has a lot going for it in that regard. Of course your probably going to ignore that and just focus on the two not being equal and get more mad.

Quote:
I think its a good thing for you to stay out of politics to be honest..
Try being a Canadian official and claiming that the United States and Canada our equals in international media and see how well that works out for you.

Quote:
You'd isolate your country unnecessarily and than there would be real impact to your superiority lol..
Not really. I'm just acknowledging a fact. I really liked when the Mexican Ambassador to Canada told a Canadian on national TV when he kept going on and on about how Canada's relationship with the United States is "truly special". The Mexican Ambassador said that is true...but the United States has a "truly special" relationship with every other country on the planet. It wasn't meant as an insult but just a way of bringing him back down to earth. I really do think Canadians have a distorted view of the United States and it's relationship with Canada that causes them to get angry because things don't work out like they think they should because of that view.
 
Old 01-04-2015, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,194,441 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
The United States and Canada are not equals. If that upsets you oh well because that is reality. In all honesty being a superpower is not all that it's cracked up to be. So Canada actually has a lot going for it in that regard. Of course your probably going to ignore that and just focus on the two not being equal and get more mad.



Try being a Canadian official and claiming that the United States and Canada our equals in international media and see how well that works out for you.



Not really. I'm just acknowledging a fact. I really liked when the Mexican Ambassador to Canada told a Canadian on national TV when he kept going on and on about how Canada's relationship with the United States is "truly special". The Mexican Ambassador said that is true...but the United States has a "truly special" relationship with every other country on the planet. It wasn't meant as an insult but just a way of bringing him back down to earth. I really do think Canadians have a distorted view of the United States and it's relationship with Canada that causes them to get angry because things don't work out like they think they should because of that view.
What is the point of speaking about being 'equals' anyway? I don't think anyone made the claim that Canada was a military superpower or that its economy is bigger than the U.S.. The U.S Economy is about 10 times the size of Canada's - and it has 10 times the number of people so yes in terms of absolute size and influence the U.S is more powerful.. Is this something that needs to be debated? No is it something that upsets me - no it is what it is.. Havings said that, I think you know as well as I do that nobody likes the idiot at school or work who constantly chest pumps that he is the best member of the team and if it weren't for him the team would suck....

If i were a Canadian official I wouldn't make the claim that Canada is equal nor would I make the claim that we are inferior or superior to anyone either.. Same thing, If I were a U.S official I wouldn't go around chest thumping that I have the largest military in the world or the 1st or 2nd largest economy and that if it weren't for me, everyone else would be relegated to the stone age.

As for you comments about the Mexican ambassador telling an unnamed Canadian on TV that Canada doesn't have a special relationship with the U.S - well I personally wouldn't go around saying we are special to be honest. Everyone can make a claim in one way or another - I think that because Canada and the U.S have the largest trading relationship between any two nations in the world speaks to something important. The fact that 35 States (most likely including your own - i'm surprised yer from Penn, are you from Grove city and angry at Canadian Shoppers) count Canada as their largest export markets is kinda of important.. I'd also say the fact that Norad exists also speaks to something.. CSIS and your intelligence agencies are more closely fused in intelligence sharing than they would be with their Mexican counterparts for instance.. Mexico isn't bombing ISIS either so in many important ways I would say Canada and the U.S at least officially or in practice have a 'special' relationship but I personally wouldn't tag it - it just stirs up problems.. I would just let the relationship be what it is and neither aggravate it nor prop it up unnecessarily.. Even Obama said that Canada is one of its closest friends after the Ottawa shootings so I would assume that would be kind of special lol.. but is it a requirement to be underscored -no but an admission that the relationship is largely fruitful and not being dismissive (like you for instance) of it is absolutely in order..

Last edited by fusion2; 01-04-2015 at 02:31 PM..
 
Old 01-04-2015, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,282,294 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
What is the point of speaking about being 'equals' anyway? I don't think anyone made the claim that Canada was a military superpower or that its economy is bigger than the U.S..
Your the one who brought it up in the first place.

Quote:
The U.S Economy is about 10 times the size of Canada's - and it has 10 times the number of people so yes in terms of absolute size and influence the U.S is more powerful.. Is this something that needs to be debated? No is it something that upsets me - no it is what it is.. Havings said that, I think you know as well as I do that nobody likes the idiot at school or work who constantly chest pumps that he is the best member of the team and if it weren't for him the team would suck....
The problem with your analogy is that is not what happened. I didn't claim Canada sucks the US rocks. I stated the relationship was not one of equals because of the differences in terms of economics and geopolitics etc and you got upset about that.

Quote:
If i were a Canadian official I wouldn't make the claim that Canada is equal nor would I make the claim that we are inferior or superior to anyone either.. Same thing, If I were a U.S official I wouldn't go around chest thumping that I have the largest military in the world or the 1st or 2nd largest economy and that if it weren't for me, everyone else would be relegated to the stone age.
lol that is not what I did and you know that. You got upset because I said something true but that is politically incorrect to say so.

Quote:
As for you comments about the Mexican ambassador telling an unnamed Canadian on TV that Canada doesn't have a special relationship with the U.S - well I personally wouldn't go around saying we are special to be honest. Everyone can make a claim in one way or another - I think that because Canada and the U.S have the largest trading relationship between any two nations in the world speaks to something important.
Again it's not saying the relationship is unimportant I just think Canadians have a distorted view of it.

Here is the video of the talk I was mentioning.



I was wrong it wasn't the ambassador it was a Former Foreign Deputy Minister of Mexico.

Quote:
The fact that 35 States (most likely including your own - i'm surprised yer from Penn, are you from Grove city and angry at Canadian Shoppers)
lol I'm from the Harrisburg-Carlisle metro area.

Quote:
count Canada as their largest export markets is kinda of important.. I'd also say the fact that Norad exists also speaks to something.. CSIS and your intelligence agencies are more closely fused in intelligence sharing than they would be with their Mexican counterparts for instance.. Mexico isn't bombing ISIS either so in many important ways I would say Canada and the U.S at least officially or in practice have a 'special' relationship but I personally wouldn't tag it - it just stirs up problems.. I would just let the relationship be what it is and neither aggravate it nor prop it up unnecessarily.. Even Obama said that Canada is one of its closest friends after the Ottawa shootings so I would assume that would be kind of special lol.. but is it a requirement to be underscored -no but an admission that the relationship is largely fruitful and not being dismissive (like you for instance) of it is absolutely in order..
I'm really not being dismissive I'm trying to get you to comprehend that the United States has very important relationships other then the one it has with Canada. I think that legitimately gets lost on Canadians and is hard for them to get since Canada's relationship with the United States outside of keeping Quebec from separating is it's most important priority.
 
Old 01-04-2015, 03:21 PM
 
18,373 posts, read 10,447,721 times
Reputation: 13447
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
lol please explain how that was nonsense.

Pot calling the kettle black.

I'm a pan as you've been at once, both the pot and the kettle on here.

I'm calling bs. Without, as usual, bothering to prove your rebuttal has merit.

nice ad hominem attack there. Recognition from a professional

Yet you provided no sources.

It's the same thing since they won't be a merger since we the two countries aren't equals like UK, France, Germany, etc. in the EU. And just what is this fixation you have on countries needing to be equals for any reason whatsoever? You are the only one using the term on here with no one arguing about the equality at all. Keep arguing with yourself like this as it gives the rest of us respite.

You really think the United States would want Canada if they had to deal with millions of Canadians with a similar attitude that you have displayed about the US?

Yep!

Your link doesn't prove the United States is more racists then Canada which is what you have been claiming. Your link doesn't do anything to prove or disprove your supposed "fact". Reading comprehension deficit again.

As far as my "hidden meaning" in my messages goes I've been stating the same thing page after page that Canada doesn't have the amount of minorities that the United States and you definitely haven't walked in our shoes in this matter so claiming Canada is "less racist" then the United States is rather ignorant. Oh really; so it's your contention because you've had way more experience at being racist we cannot begin to judge how racist you actually are by comparison.....I see.



Really then why did you claim we don't talk about race in the US earlier?

I didn't claim that at all! You claimed Canada doesn't talk about it...Gads..get a grip, or at least wait till you've finished posting to commence happy hour.

You mean other countries like Russia that have been claiming for years/decades that the United States at any moment is heading to a racial civil war. No; I mean like other countries who actually have visible minorities and work diligently to stave off racism rather then just talk about it. there's that reading comprehension thingy again...I believe I also mentioned smaller countries as well.



So your telling me you subscribe to the Russian view that any moment the United States is going to break out into racial civil war? Oh brother, once again with a fallacy You introduce Russia to the thread and attribute comparisons to Russia as coming from us. Get your kid to come in from outside and read this stuff to you would you please?


I'm not just saying your dismissive I'm saying your down right delusional now.
And you're sure a demonstrably credible authority on that particular psychological ailment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top