U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Saint-Aimé-des-Lacs, Québec
163 posts, read 154,430 times
Reputation: 196

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You just need to convince another few million people... You have some work to do no sense trying to convince me - i'm not your biggest barrier - they are far closer to home for you...BTW are you the one sending me rep point remarks calling me a colonial oppressor lol?? Or is it Bonjour?? Anyway keep em coming I love rep points.. Talk to me in French too - its hot when you speak french to me and rep me at the same time and call me master - Je l'adore
I have literally no idea what you are talking about, and no you aren't my master.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,151,642 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post
I have literally no idea what you are talking about, and no you aren't my master.
Oh OK - must be the other one than lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Montreal
359 posts, read 264,545 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Oh OK - must be the other one than lol...
Don't waste your time on separatists fusion2. You obviously have more sense than that. Vivelequebeclibre, Acajack, Bonjour185. These guys are more concerned with fulfilling primal needs than working together as a united Canada. There is no logic behind their desires, only animalistic instincts. Canada and Quebec will continue to work as partners. The people of Quebec are too intelligent to pass up Canada's riches. Another day another dollar, who would say no to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,151,642 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Don't waste your time on separatists fusion2. You obviously have more sense than that. Vivelequebeclibre, Acajack, Bonjour185. These guys are more concerned with fulfilling primal needs than working together as a united Canada. There is no logic behind their desires, only animalistic instincts. Canada and Quebec will continue to work as partners. The people of Quebec are too intelligent to pass up Canada's riches. Another day another dollar, who would say no to that?
I find Acajack intelligent and practical.. I don't think he is a 'separatist' either but I do think he wants to work on solutions that will benefit all involved and overall I think his intentions are genuine.

As for Quebec mooching off the R.O.C - I posted in another thread to you (forgot the one there are so many of these now lol) awhile ago to which you never responded that Quebec gets less Per capita in terms of Federal Transfer dollars than 4 other Provinces. Considering there are only 10 provinces this hardly qualifies Quebec as being a disproportionately freeloading province. In fact EVERY Canadian province at one point or the other has benefited from Fed Transfers.. The equality of it is the beauty of our union and in that there is no shame.

As for you personally - I wouldn't become preoccupied with freeloading - a more fruitful life for you would be to create your own wealth and prosperity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Montreal
359 posts, read 264,545 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I find Acajack intelligent and practical.. I don't think he is a 'separatist' either but I do think he wants to work on solutions that will benefit all involved and overall I think his intentions are genuine.
Acajack is an intelligent and practical fellow, but he is also a "Fairweather" separatist. All of our intentions are genuine, it is just that you mistake his intentions for being steadfastly in the interest of a united Canada. Men like Acajack are the backbone of a united Canada. Without him, Quebec would stray adrift to fulfuill it's own selfish desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
As for Quebec moochig off the R.O.C - I posted in another thread (forgot the one) awhile ago that the way I see it, Quebec gets less Per capita in terms of Federal Transfer dollars than 4 other Provinces. Considering there are only 10 provinces this hardly qualifies Quebec as being a disproportionately freeloading province. In fact EVERY Canadian province at one point or the other has benefited from Fed Transfers.. The equality of it is the beauty of our union and in that there is no shame.
Freeloading is a rather inappropriate term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
As for you personally - I wouldn't become preoccupied with freeloading - a more fruitful life for you would be to create your own wealth and prosperity!
Care to elaborate Fusion2? I am a small business owner. I create my own wealth and prosperity on a daily basis. It is a fantastic endeavour, if I do say so myself.

Last edited by PBeauchamp; 03-08-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,151,642 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Acajack is an intelligent and practical fellow, but he is also a "Fairweather" separatist. All of our intentions are genuine, it is just that you mistake his intentions for being steadfastly in the interest of a united Canada. Men like Acajack are the backbone of a united Canada. Without him, Quebec would stray adrift to fulfuill it's own selfish desires.
Well I can only judge my own interactions with Acajack and not those he has between others. I don't think he is so shortsighted as characterized but this discussion re someone else is not appropriate without their involvement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Freeloading is a rather inappropriate term.
Is it? You're the one constantly bringing up how much Quebec is taking advantage of the R.O.C.. I don't bring up the topic of Fed transfers or look at things in the context of our union of one province taking advantage of others. Look at Alberta for example.. There was a time when it was recieving transfers - it is quintessentially a Canadian thing that we take care of those who are not as fortunate as others, whether at any given point of time or over the long term.. Is this not a noble deed? I think it is and it is something Canadians take pride in. If anything we can't look at slivers of time - the union needs to be looked at over a long period of time in a more timeless fashion.. The benefits of the union also extent well beyond just economic...


Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Care to elaborate Fusion2? I am a small business owner. I create my own wealth and prosperity on a daily basis. It is a fantastic endeavour, if I do say so myself.
Again - you are the one obsessed with the concept of Quebec mooching off the R.O.C so if you and Quebecers alike are business owners and about creating wealth and prosperity than we all benefit and that is a good thing.. Its healthy to have this mindset - spread it!

btw - your tax dollars are much appreciated by the union
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 07:10 PM
 
18,302 posts, read 10,390,605 times
Reputation: 13370
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You just need to convince another few million people... You have some work to do no sense trying to convince me - i'm not your biggest barrier - they are far closer to home for you...BTW are you the one sending me rep point remarks calling me a colonial oppressor lol?? Or is it Bonjour?? Anyway keep em coming I love rep points.. Talk to me in French too - its hot when you speak french to me and rep me at the same time and call me master - Je l'adore
Haaar; I got one too! Feeling a little like Tiger Woods when he still had an adoring gallery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,151,642 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar; I got one too! Feeling a little like Tiger Woods when he still had an adoring gallery.
Actually I shouldn't have even mentioned it - the rep points might stop now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 07:25 PM
 
18,302 posts, read 10,390,605 times
Reputation: 13370
Just got another one! They're becoming emotive now....:

"it must really bother you to know that 1/4 of your country hates you and will separate at any given time....Canada is a sham, free Quebec from racist colonial loyalists."

Haaaar! This is getting good!

Having spent a lot of time in Quebec interacting with them through both business and pleasure...as well as other provinces, you might be right about the 1/4 thingy but they would be spread throughout the other provinces as well and have no interest whatsoever in leaving but rather, simply, getting even. LOL.

Finally it bothers me not one whit that those that would want to leave saddle up and do so. Can I help ya pack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 07:26 PM
 
18,302 posts, read 10,390,605 times
Reputation: 13370
Wait for it fusion..... he cannot help himself......any second now........ Please share, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top