Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 12:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
And BTW, Neil Sedaka isn't Canadian. He was from Brooklyn.

Though Paul Anka is. He's from Ottawa. I believe the original Diana that inspired the song still lives in the city.
I Stand corrected. It was that terminal vowel that threw me.

And isn't "You're havin' my baby" the smarmiest sing ever recorded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begratto View Post
Fluffy sweaters? Really?
No. Not really.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
As far as I'm concerned, those things are American cold fronts, since it has to pass through Michigan first, and Detroit is north of me.

And Yeledaf, I am truly sorry for Bieber, but you have to understand, it was a matter of self-preservation. Since we don't have nukes, or a comparable military to defend ourselves against an attack from America, the Canadian government took a first strike approach, and launched a little known weapons program March 1, 1994, code named "The Biebs'". Designed to erode, and eventually destroy the decision making areas of the brains of American population slowly, from the inside out, starting with the nations most vulnerable: it's youth. The weapon was then designed to adapt and appeal to older generations as time passed. A small stock pile sits in reserve, deep within Mt. Thor, in Auyuittuq National Park, on Baffin Island, Nunavut.

The weapon was deployed sometime in 2007, and appears to have been a great success, save for the unfortunate, but anticipated effects not only on our own population, but other nations across the globe.

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 02:43 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times
I'm American and I love Canada and Canadians! What's not to like aboot Canada?!

Old 02-16-2015, 04:58 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,109,486 times
I love Canada and Canadians, too. Most of the Canadians I knew as a student in Europe (where we really were Americans or Canadians to most people) are living in the US now, even those from great cities like Toronto and Vancouver. Some have taken US citizenship. We're pretty close neighbors really.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,275,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
I love Canada and Canadians, too. Most of the Canadians I knew as a student in Europe (where we really were Americans or Canadians to most people) are living in the US now, even those from great cities like Toronto and Vancouver. Some have taken US citizenship. We're pretty close neighbors really.
Well hello mason. Our two countries are probably the closest two in the entire world. Also, Canadians have a very, very good sense of humour.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:05 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
I met many Canadians the same way. Most that I knew were students. Became friends with some of them quite fast. All of them are back in Canada now(visas, graduation, etc), but I got along with them very well.

For me, Canada always existed as that likable neighbor to the north (ironically, 70% of Canada's population lives south of Seattle's latitude). Similar, but very different from the USA.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:09 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
that annoying cold air that always comes from canada
like can't u guys keep that to yourselves? Seriously. if u dont we should go to war with Canada.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:34 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
like can't u guys keep that to yourselves? Seriously. if u dont we should go to war with Canada.
On the plus side for Canada your War scoreboard since that draw in Korea isn't looking so good. Although the streak has to end sometime.

Name of War - Result

WWII - W
Korea - T
Vietnam - L
Drugs - L
Iraq I - T
Iraq II - "mission accomplished" but still a L
Iraq II.5 - Still in progress
Afghanistan - L
Terror - L for the citizens and currently a draw on the field of play
Obesity - delicious...

Old 02-26-2015, 03:16 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
You should be advised; we fill our moats with maple syrup! You cannot swim across, you cannot boat across and wading just makes every one of your hairs stick together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada