U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Ottawa
156 posts, read 148,726 times
Reputation: 249

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
*He* almost certainly voted to leave.
What makes you say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,194,505 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
What makes you say that?
Isn't it obvious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Ottawa
156 posts, read 148,726 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Isn't it obvious?
So are you saying that a guy who flies the Quebec flag is automatically for independence? You are way off if that's what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:43 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,194,505 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
So are you saying that a guy who flies the Quebec flag is automatically for independence? You are way off if that's what you think.
How am I way off? I believe that pic was either taken during the 1980 or 1995 referendum, of someone who's going to vote. Pretty safe to assume that if someone was heading to vote with a massive fleurs-de-lis flag that person is probably voting yes. Not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with you over some old photo while I could be outside enjoying this nice Good Friday. Chillax dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Ottawa
156 posts, read 148,726 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
How am I way off? I believe that pic was either taken during the 1980 or 1995 referendum, of someone who's going to vote. Pretty safe to assume that if someone was heading to vote with a massive fleurs-de-lis flag that person is probably voting yes. Not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with you over some old photo while I could be outside enjoying this nice Good Friday. Chillax dude.
Dude, way to categorize someone by their ethnicity and appearance. Are you serious? He is a Canadian proud to be from Quebec, all the rest is speculation. He could be Canada's frontline in the independence movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 02:52 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,194,505 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
Dude, way to categorize someone by their ethnicity and appearance. Are you serious? He is a Canadian proud to be from Quebec, all the rest is speculation. He could be Canada's frontline in the independence movement.
Whatever you say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Ottawa
156 posts, read 148,726 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Whatever you say...
Alright dude just saying that if you think a guy who flies the Quebec flag is automatically for independence you are wrong, it isn't nearly that simple. I know you barely have arrived in Canada but this is basic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 03:40 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,194,505 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
Alright dude just saying that if you think a guy who flies the Quebec flag is automatically for independence you are wrong, it isn't nearly that simple. I know you barely have arrived in Canada but this is basic.
Umm of course I know it isn't that simple. I moved to Toronto for work since last summer somehow makes me unable to comprehend? Honestly, the reason I don't want to provide more reasoning is because I don't want to engage in some petty argument about an old photo. I'm bored and I've better things to do with my time.

Also, unlike you, I try to keep an open mind about views from both sides. Your sweeping stereotyping of Quebec separatists feels extremely condescending and almost insulting, and I don't even support the separatists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Ottawa
156 posts, read 148,726 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Umm of course I know it isn't that simple. I moved to Toronto for work since last summer somehow makes me unable to comprehend? Honestly, the reason I don't want to provide more reasoning is because I don't want to engage in some petty argument about an old photo. I'm bored and I've better things to do with my time.
Wow, so you've only lived in a Canada for less than one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Also, unlike you, I try to keep an open mind about views from both sides. Your sweeping stereotyping of Quebec separatists feels extremely condescending and almost insulting, and I don't even support the separatists.
Why the passive aggression? You are the one stereotyping a guy with a Quebec flag as a separatist. I know you are new but we generally don't categorize by ethnicity/appearance. It looks like you have so much to learn about Canada, it will be an exciting journey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 04:08 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,194,505 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
Wow, so you've only lived in a Canada for less than one year?



Why the passive aggression? You are the one stereotyping a guy with a Quebec flag as a separatist. I know you are new but we generally don't categorize by ethnicity/appearance. It looks like you have so much to learn about Canada, it will be an exciting journey!
No no no you misunderstand. It's not passive aggression. It's FULL-SCALE aggression because I think your posts are stereotyping, sweeping generalizations that are condescending and don't contribute to civil discussion. Your comments are provocative, close-minded, and really quite pathetic - which also makes you pathetic. That's right you heard me, you are pathetic.

You can keep repeating and repeating about my the fact that I moved recently to Canada. Me don't speak English. Me fresh off the boat from Cambodia no speak English. Me don't anything understand Canada.

Go on, feels good doesn't it?

Last edited by bostonkid123; 04-03-2015 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top