Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:37 PM

542 posts, read 503,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Dissapointing response - total us vs them one at that. As much as it is contented that Anglo Canadians need to learn more about Francophones - in many a case it is the same thing going the other way.. Under 40 crowd, hopefully not so willing to bring out the daggers...
Quebec would be better as part of the US with the same rights. It's no secret we are attached the losing 1/10 of anglo North America. Quebec brings the culture and identity to what would otherwise be Vermont without the resolve. That isn't about daggers, that is how it is. Alas we are stuck with anglo Canada, so we need to make do with what we have and work together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 08:48 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
Quebec would be better as part of the US with the same rights. It's no secret we are attached the losing 1/10 of anglo North America. Quebec brings the culture and identity to what would otherwise be Vermont without the resolve. That isn't about daggers, that is how it is. Alas we are stuck with anglo Canada, so we need to make do with what we have and work together.
Extraordinary sort of like I hate you, you're a loser, I want to use you but let's work together.. Such inflammatory language/behaviour and approach and it certainly is not a matter of it being no secret when the truth is it is highly debateable and really not so black and white but for some I suppose such simplicity makes for a more resolved existence... Its not just those of your ilk its those of similar ilk on the anglo side as well - The Annuvin's of the world but I as the fool had some hope for you - I was wrong... The acidic laced views are as strong as any ignorant as some would call - angryphone.. Its the same thing about using the R.O.C and all that fluff.. Both sides engage in this type of nonsense. Its ethnocentrist, its dismissive, its chest thumping, its angry, its more telling of something that is rooted in a causal loop if you will other than a genuine desire to work together to build something stronger. Most regretably to me however, I see it as lost opportunity.

Last edited by fusion2; 04-19-2015 at 08:56 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Hard to believe we could get a Puerto Rico style deal out of the US allowing us to retain our language and culture when we are directly attached geographically to VT ME NH NY

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Extraordinary sort of like I hate you, you're a loser, I want to use you but let's work together.. Such inflammatory language/behaviour and approach and it certainly is not a matter of it being no secret when the truth is it is highly debateable and really not so black and white but for some I suppose such simplicity makes for a more resolved existence... Its not just those of your ilk its those of similar ilk on the anglo side as well - The Annuvin's of the world but I as the fool had some hope for you - I was wrong... The acidic laced views are as strong as any ignorant as some would call - angryphone.. Its the same thing about using the R.O.C and all that fluff.. Both sides engage in this type of nonsense. Its ethnocentrist, its dismissive, its chest thumping, its angry, its more telling of something that is rooted in a causal loop if you will other than a genuine desire to work together to build something stronger. Most regretably to me however, I see it as lost opportunity.
The Americans won their revolution and anglo Canadians are the losers of that divide. That is a fact. Anglo Canadians prefer American culture to their own culture in the forms of television, music, literature, accents, and traditions. But we are joined together so we should make the best of it and work together. I don't think there is any need to create needless rifts between us.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Hard to believe we could get a Puerto Rico style deal out of the US allowing us to retain our language and culture when we are directly attached geographically to VT ME NH NY
We will never know. In this world we are part of Canada. It is either that or independence. Some may choose independence but I choose Canada, for now. It is the most sensible option, if we are being rational beings and putting needless emotions out of the picture. That is the problem with the give-me-indendence-now separatist ilk, it's all emotion, and no rationale.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Hey PBeauchamp, Some of those last comments were unnecessarily rude. Your act is getting a little tired man.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 04-19-2015 at 09:29 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Hey PBeauchamp, Some of those last comments were unneccesarily rude. Your act is getting a little tired man.
There are those on both sides who engage in this type of rhetoric.. On the one hand it is completely rude, totally dismissive yet at the same time has the audacity to contend that there is no need to cause unnecessary rifts..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
The Americans won their revolution and anglo Canadians are the losers of that divide. That is a fact. Anglo Canadians prefer American culture to their own culture in the forms of television, music, literature, accents, and traditions. But we are joined together so we should make the best of it and work together. I don't think there is any need to create needless rifts between us.
Man - you're hilarious...

Its like kicking someone in the b***s than asking if you want to be friends.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Man - you're hilarious...

Its like kicking someone in the b***s than asking if you want to be friends.
Sort of what you side does to francophones in the ROC on daily basis. I am putting these transgressions aside and pleading that we look to the future. Let's put aside our differences and work together to better ends. Thankfully we have prime ministers who can do this and diligently work for the benefit of Quebec.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Sort of what you side does to francophones in the ROC on daily basis. I am putting these transgressions aside and pleading that we look to the future. Let's put aside our differences and work together to better ends. Thankfully we have prime ministers who can do this and diligently work for the benefit of Quebec.
My side - and just what side might that be? I am a part of the 'them' crowd now am I.. For some its just impossible.. I suppose if I wear my red shirt tomorrow to work some might mistaken me for loyalties to the Bloods or maybe even the 'redcoats' my god... What will they do if I wear my blue shirt on tues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada