U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 04:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,032,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas667 View Post
I would not mind going to Toronto but as far as I can see pay over there is not that great either, and are 6 times more people, very few jobs I see advertised on the net, simply it is very hard here, too bad cause I like it here
Yes, Vancouver can be a very pleasant place to live. No doubt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 06:18 PM

7,217 posts, read 6,572,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas667 View Post
Given opportunity to immigrate to Europe or USA how many of you would like to immigrate???
Europe most of the countries more income and longer time off work
USA more diversity in climate and more income as well but less time off

I am Canadian citizen but thinking about moving out
Well, with you being an immigrant from Europe and only having been in Canada for something like a year? (is that correct?) you have no loyalties yet, you haven't put down roots yet and if you don't have family or dependents or other impediments here it would be easy for you to move some place else at this stage. Just like when you moved from Europe to Canada, right?

If you aren't satisfied with the money you're earning in Canada and money is what's most important to you then you probably should move to somewhere else more lucrative before you start to get tied down here. Now that you've become a citizen of Canada if you find that a move to some other place doesn't prove satisfactory then at least you know you can come back to Canada as a last resort if you need to in a pinch. So, I think if you aren't happy here and can make a move to somewhere else then you certainly should go for it.

Speaking for myself, if given the opportunity to immigrate to Europe or USA I would not do it. I've visited USA extensively and although I enjoy visiting I would under no circumstances ever want to live there. I haven't visited Europe yet, would love to take a long visit, but I already know enough about it to know that is a part of the world that I wouldn't want to live permanently.

Now if I was really a lot younger, didn't have family ties and attachment and loyalty to Canada and a deep love and appreciation of the environment I have here, then I might consider moving to New Zealand. Money has never been a driving force for me so I wouldn't be moving there for money. But I'd still want to visit there first before making that final decision.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM

10,131 posts, read 11,872,252 times
I'd move to the USA in a heartbeat given the opportunity. My dream is to live in Honolulu, Miami or LA permanently one day... too bad it will just remain a pipe dream for me I know I'll never be 100% be truly happy in Canada but I don't really have any other option so...

Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 PM

52 posts, read 49,262 times
I would immigrate to America in a split second but it definitely is hard. Actually I am in the process, hopefully it will work out

Old 02-17-2015, 07:01 PM

237 posts, read 185,685 times
Quebec will always be home, and I am devoted to it. If I had to leave I would live in the U.S. without any doubt. The US is how English Canada should be.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:02 PM

5,691 posts, read 6,534,040 times
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of living elsewhere since I have already lived in two different countries. But there is nothing about Canada specifically that I can't stand to the extent that I want to leave above all else. I don't see myself ever giving up my citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or