U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 03:07 PM

8,563 posts, read 11,062,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
LOL you know you Drank Pilsner if you can find or have someone ask you if you have found the Bunny Rabbit on the label

Pilsner is a very Western Canadian Beer I am pretty sure they do not get that even back in eastern central Canada so hard to believe it would be sold in the U.S. outside of border cities/towns.
Nothing better for a hangover out camping than a Pil' and Clamato.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 04:53 PM

12,668 posts, read 8,737,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
LOL you know you Drank Pilsner if you can find or have someone ask you if you have found the Bunny Rabbit on the label

Pilsner is a very Western Canadian Beer I am pretty sure they do not get that even back in eastern central Canada so hard to believe it would be sold in the U.S. outside of border cities/towns.
Old Style Pilsner.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Canadian beer available in US?-pil_label.jpg  

Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,147,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Do you really want to count them? Seriously, do you really want to count them?
No. I don't. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
30 - 45 minutes to count out ~100 cans? Man, I knew Canadians were slow, but that's ridiculous.

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You forgot the leather elbow patches on that tweed jacket. And cheese-cutter caps were popular during the hipster era.
I thought the elbow patches were implied. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I wouldn't mind some Big Rock down my way, but there are so many good micro-brews available, plus my favourite cheap beers Lone Star and Coors' Banquet, that I just don't miss Pale Ale and the occasional Pilsner.
Ugh...Pilsner? Yuck. lol That Coors' Banquet isn't bad though.

Quote:
xeric........

Old 03-28-2015, 10:22 PM

103 posts, read 276,431 times
Not sure if it still exists or not but Pilsner from Saskatchewan was pretty awesome, or Bohemian. Big rock had some decent beers that I think you can find in the USA, but nothing like the names you mentioned. Honestly I preferred American brewed beer anyhow, the export brands all tasted bad to me back when I did try those.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:56 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,748,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Old Style Pilsner.
Lethbridge, Alberta may not be known for much, but it is certainly known for Old Style Pilsner, originated at the Sick's Brewery, "after the recipe of the House of Lethbridge."

Great beer. I often have to remind a friend of mine in Regina (a die-hard Riders fan) that his Riders' beer originated in Alberta.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 AM

15,837 posts, read 10,029,606 times
Canadian beers available at my local Texas liquor superstore:
LABATT BLUE
MOLSON CANADIAN
MOLSON GOLDEN
MOOSEHEAD CANADIAN LAGER
UNIBROUE BLANCHE de CHAMBLEY
UNIBROUE DIABOLICAL PLEASURES
UNIBROUE DON de DIEU
UNIBROUE EPHEMERE APPLE
UNIBROUE LA FIN DU MONDE
UNIBROUE MAUDITE

http://www.specsonline.com/

Old 03-29-2015, 01:42 PM

12,668 posts, read 8,737,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Canadian beers available at my local Texas liquor superstore:
LABATT BLUE
MOLSON CANADIAN
MOLSON GOLDEN
MOOSEHEAD CANADIAN LAGER
UNIBROUE BLANCHE de CHAMBLEY
UNIBROUE DIABOLICAL PLEASURES
UNIBROUE DON de DIEU
UNIBROUE EPHEMERE APPLE
UNIBROUE LA FIN DU MONDE
UNIBROUE MAUDITE

http://www.specsonline.com/
Molson Golden is not available here in B.C. I think it's just made for the US market? Anyone know? I also did a quick search on the Ontario Liquor boards website, and it's not listed there either.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:39 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,930,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Molson Golden is not available here in B.C. I think it's just made for the US market? Anyone know? I also did a quick search on the Ontario Liquor boards website, and it's not listed there either.
It's only available in the US according to the Molson Coors website, just like Molson Export is only available in Canada...

Old 03-30-2015, 10:36 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,147,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
It's only available in the US according to the Molson Coors website, just like Molson Export is only available in Canada...

^^^

...that's so stupid. lol

Old 03-30-2015, 11:00 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,748,542 times
So what's the difference between Molson Golden and Molson Export? As was explained to me by a Molson rep who was visiting the (Ontario) Beer Store I was working at years ago: Same recipe, except Export is pasteurized, while Golden is cold-filtered. That was about it. And it seemed true enough--Golden tasted like Ex with the rough edges filed off.

I miss Golden. The Old Style Pilsner (with the bunny on the label, referenced upthread) we get here in western Canada is a close approximation of Ex though, so if they ever made a cold-filtered Pil, it would probably taste like Golden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada