U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,747,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biramar View Post
I finally made a decision:
I LOVE THE U.S ONLY.......YEAH,YEAH,YEAH.
SWEET HOME ALABAMA.....
OH GEORGIA.....
ALL MY EXES ARE LIVING IN TEXAS.....
I LOVE NYC...
I LOVE THE MID STATES AND SOUTH CHICKS....

BOOOOOOOOOORN IN THE U.S.A.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Said like a true merican.
Well congratulations on your decision. and wow look at that, looks like people are already calling you an American!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,188,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Well congratulations on your decision. and wow look at that, looks like people are already calling you an American!

The troll may or may not be, but they do claim to be in this thread here, vince. (post #1)

Picking up the tourists by my own car?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 PM

873 posts, read 817,564 times
Almost any other country has a better vibe and culture than the U.S. So the answer is obvious.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 PM

79,009 posts, read 70,855,709 times
Quote:
The only place with a moderate weather in Canada, would be Vancouver but it seems a little shady to me coz I got words from a friend who went abroad to see the whole city last year, and he came back whinning about how dangerous and drug-happy the Vancouer was. Despite the intact nature and moderate climate.
About Vancouver, this is so refreshing to me, coz there's a saying back to where I live which states:
"Don't go for a beautiful flower (pansy) sorrounded by the backwaters in wetland"

You know what I mean. Vancouver with its moderate weather sorrounded in a very cold and arctic country of Canada. It's gotta be something (bad) about Vancouver and I don't wonder why.
This makes no sense. Just enjoy the city instead of projecting ominous, spooky vibes onto it.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:07 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,747,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
The troll may or may not be, but they do claim to be in this thread here, vince. (post #1)

Picking up the tourists by my own car?
Lol my fault.

Oh well i used to lie a lot on this forum too.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,759,391 times
Quote:
Recitfy this vague notion I'm explaining here If it's wrong/right:
I saw a Video which portraits the loosenig up! culture of Canadian and how relaxed and easy-going they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_c6I5qDro

I this Video I see Young st in Toronto with friendly people and lax folks who don't mind loosening up in the great vibe of Toronto and it feels like they are all tanked!
While in the U.S, say New York, what I get, is a relentless city with a few gang members hanging out somewhere in the cornors dealing drugs or having their guns locked and loaded, when push come to shove and people are always cautious about getting hit by them.

For the discussion sakes, I imagine the vibe of Canada to be more relaxing and easy and for those wealthy but socially INEPT! guys like me, Canada might be a one-stop destination. But still the Nostalgia of U.S and Bruce Springsteen (My favourite singer) makes me wanna close my eyes and be in there!

For now I am focussing on Portland for a place to live coz It seems to me a loosening up! place, crawling with hipsters and reluctant people who are extremely funny. Even the homeless people in Portland are enjoying their lives!
OMG, you need to be educated. You must watch too much TV.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Are you only interested in the United States and Canada? not Mexico?

Guadalajara and Mexico City are probably the most cultural rich safe cities in North America.
I wouldn't call Mexico City a very safe city.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
So if the Two countries share a great resemblance in terms of their cultures, why the criminal rate in Canada is mush lower than the U.S? I reckon that only the upper north east and upper north west of the U.S are great places, given their economics, jobs opportunities, Cultures and pretty lower crime rates. I have never been keen on the middle and southern parts of the U.S that some call "Bible Belt" and "trigger-happy". (Though I like to see "Sweet home Alabama" and "All my Exes are living in Texas" someday!!!)
Are you for real? There are many great places in the US other than the Northwest and Northeast like California for example.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
And on top of everything discussed earlier this topic, I would like to mention that I feel extremely insecure imagining myself walking down a street to see a few dopers dealing some drugs (while having a gun covered under their hoody sweater) or Maybe driving up to NJ to see a few brunette guys with washboard stomaches, off the shores of Jersey, peering the devil out of their looks.

I just like to live in a city where I can walk out with my girl friend, not being worried about some pranksters and leering fools who might wanna stare at my girlfriend or prank on her or both of us. (I hear some very very troubling news about pranksters, specially in NJ and FL).

Though I am really inspired by the U.S and its musicians and the nostalgia sorrounding it all, I am going to have to choose Canada. But it's still frigging tough to pass up the hot sunshines I'll be missing for settling in Canada.

But if I could turn up an appropriate city within the U.S, akin to my standards and expectation, I would definitely choose the United States of America.

There are many cities in the US that are very safe. There is never any need for you to be in the dangerous areas. The high crime areas are very localized and normal folks just don't have any reason to go near therm. I live close to San Diego CA which is a safe large city. San Diego has the best climate in North America.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:44 PM

33 posts, read 27,863 times
I'd say its more a question of cities than countries, but the winter we get in most Canadian cities shuts down alot of vibrancy for x number of months a year lol. On the other hand the US has many more " major cities...and even more dull ones year round. I feel like Canadian cities have kinda mastered the winters with festivals, and other winter activities and in the summer everyone is so happy to be in the sun a lot of cities vibrate with that energy. In the end i think i have to say you can't com ape the 2 as countries...size wise yes but the population alone has the US trumping Canada by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or