Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The rights, yes, are a cause. However, when a women walks into a bakery to order a cake, is she furthering her cause as a women? Of course not. Either are gay people.
Quote:
LOL. This is actually quite funny. Is someone an activist because they support peoples rights? Is a male who supports women's rights, but does nothing about it, an activist?
You're going to have to define activist for me.

As for one who hates injustices, yes, I truly do.
I like you so I don't want to get into an argument with you over all the evasive red herrings and I'll bow out of the conversation now. Your answer to my last question was sufficient enough to tell me what I wanted to know. As said above, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 02:30 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Quote:
You've lost me Acajack. What are you saying??
LOL. He was saying you're right and I'm wrong.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:45 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
The rights, yes, are a cause. However, when a women walks into a bakery to order a cake, is she furthering her cause as a women? Of course not. Either are gay people.
Well I guess I am gay activist too, then. Even though I am the furthest thing from being gay.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:49 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
LOL. This is actually quite funny. Is someone an activist because they support peoples rights? Is a male who supports women's rights, but does nothing about it, an activist?
You're going to have to define activist for me.

As for one who hates injustices, yes, I truly do.
You're just an amazing person Nat!!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Well I guess I am gay activist too, then. Even though I am the furthest thing from being gay.
lol - why do straight people have to say that.,.. You're married with kids its ok nobody assumed otherwise

Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM

Why would any business want to refuse service to someone who is paying for said service... I can't for the life of me understand that at all.. Business is business.. It doesn't mean you're going to hell serving a gay, hindu, trans, woman, man, obese person, anorexic, Barney etc etc...

The funny thing is re serving gays - often times you have NO clue you're serving a gay person.. Well ok a gay wedding sure that's pretty obvious but otherwise you just don't know in most cases.

Anyway as a gay male and one who is married (we used gay/gay friendly businesses for all aspects of the wedding which isn't difficult in Toronto), I must say my partner and I have never been refused service by any business for any reason.. I've never been refused service in my life. If we were though, we'd probably just laugh and move to the next place..

Old 04-12-2015, 01:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Why would any business want to refuse service to someone who is paying for said service... I can't for the life of me understand that at all.. Business is business.. It doesn't mean you're going to hell serving a gay, hindu, trans, woman, man, obese person, anorexic, Barney etc etc...

The funny thing is re serving gays - often times you have NO clue you're serving a gay person.. Well ok a gay wedding sure that's pretty obvious but otherwise you just don't know in most cases.

Anyway as a gay male and one who is married (we used gay/gay friendly businesses for all aspects of the wedding which isn't difficult in Toronto), I must say my partner and I have never been refused service by any business for any reason.. I've never been refused service in my life. If we were though, we'd probably just laugh and move to the next place..
Zoiste did reflect the typical Canadian mindset when it comes to acceptance and tolerance ( hate that word ) in Canada. Most people don't stick their noses into other peoples business that far. I also think that most Canadians understand the law that protects certain groups, in the end protects us all. For that I like Zoiste.

Zoiste and I just have a different view on what people in the US should be doing.

I'm more of " lets sit at the lunch counter " and no I'm not sitting at the back of the bus type of guy.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
lol - why do straight people have to say that.,.. You're married with kids its ok nobody assumed otherwise
There's nothing to it. It's just that, if someone labels me a "gay rights activist" (according to very loose definition that emerged from the discussion between Natnasci and Zoisite), then I don't fit the usual phenotype.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:00 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
Was there a time in Canada when it was legal not to serve certain people?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Was there a time in Canada when it was legal not to serve certain people?
I am not sure I'd word it in the way you did, but I'd say there certainly was a time weren't it wasn't illegal to refuse to serve certain people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada