U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 02:10 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,324,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Can I push zoophilia on others too? Is that something you can be convinced you're actually interested in? People who actually believe this stuff don't realize how miserable and ignorant they sound to the outside world.
It's even more amusing that there are anonymous people on message boards who think their insignificant existence is so valuable that I would actually care what they think.

Quote:
I like how you describe homosexuality as a "political agenda". Do enlighten us to your general view on homosexuality...
I don't care what consenting adults do in their own homes. However, you would have to have the IQ of a golf shoe to think 8 year olds need to be taught about anal sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Tin-foil hat time!
This coming from an anti-Canadian wingnut who sees a right-wing conspiracy behind every news story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 02:24 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,451,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
It's even more amusing that there are anonymous people on message boards who think their insignificant existence is so valuable that I would actually care what they think.

I don't care what consenting adults do in their own homes. However, you would have to have the IQ of a golf shoe to think 8 year olds need to be taught about anal sex.

This coming from an anti-Canadian wingnut who sees a right-wing conspiracy behind every news story.
What 8 year olds are being taught about anal sex?

You can't force or convince people to partake in a sexual orientation that they aren't biologically inclined to participate in. _____ + agenda is just a reactionary opinion people take when they so strongly disagree with something that they can't form a rational rebuttal. What possible gain could someone make from transforming swaths of the population into recent homosexual converts? And if that were even possible, how would that affect you?

Homosexual agenda.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM

2,564 posts, read 2,182,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
Children should be taught to not use any sort of derogatory words (sexual or otherwise) to describe their peers long before grade 8. BTW, you missed 4 orientations: Transgender, asexual, zooaphilla, and pedophilia.
What exactly are you implying? Please clarify.

Do you realize how often the words "f-g" and "gay" are used interchangeably in our schools today, while most teachers and adults turn a blind eye? I find it simply shocking some of the thinly veiled homophobic discriminatory comments being paraded on this thread.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM

21,952 posts, read 27,377,612 times
Quote:

Says the guy who thinks the democratically-elected Premier of a province of 14 million people (90% of them heterosexual) is driven by a homo-centric agenda...

Old 06-10-2015, 03:40 PM

3,020 posts, read 2,698,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
What exactly are you implying? Please clarify.

Do you realize how often the words "f-g" and "gay" are used interchangeably in our schools today, while most teachers and adults turn a blind eye? I find it simply shocking some of the thinly veiled homophobic discriminatory comments being paraded on this thread.
I'm implying what I said: that you missed half the sexual orientations. I can see not mentioning zoophilia because it's illegal or pedophila because it's wrong, but certainly the other two should be included.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:24 PM

5,692 posts, read 6,543,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
The acronym is actually far more innocuous sounding than you're worried about, haha. FWB, I believe, is friends with benefits.
okay, I know that one. You're right, I thought it was something to do with the other one, haha.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:19 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,149,109 times
Quote:
Exactly. Most people with half a brain in their head see no benefit to teaching children about anal beads, vibrators, and techniques of anal sex, and see this as nothing more as a thinly-veiled attempt by Wynne to push a personal homosexual agenda.

Seriously... If some creep in a white van was teaching your kids this tripe, you would have him arrested. As such, I fail to see what makes it any more acceptable to teach it to your kids in a classroom.

I don't know where the racist viewpoint comes from. I live in uber-white Oshawa and don't know a single parent who is happy about it.
What the heck is the 'homosexual' agenda.... Always always wanted to find out what that is... Still can't find such an agenda.. When you find the 'heterosexual' agenda could you let me know therefore I can avoid it lol... Oh wait - from the time I was able to open my eyes in this world the heterosexual agenda is constantly in full force left, right and centre... Anything else as a society we like to sweep under the rug and hope hope hope it goes away...

As for teaching various sexual techniques, sexual orientation or identity issues in school - if your opinion is that it shouldn't be taught period either homosexual, transsexual, heterosexual etc that is more consistent than just focusing on things that make you 'icky' about homosexuality.. Only thing is if not the schools who? parents? Nope not going to happen so guess who's going to demonstrate these things in full force - Xtube and Gaytube at some point or another and they'll be asking questions..

Last edited by fusion2; 06-10-2015 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 07:40 PM

2,564 posts, read 2,182,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I'm implying what I said: that you missed half the sexual orientations. I can see not mentioning zoophilia because it's illegal or pedophila because it's wrong, but certainly the other two should be included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx
BTW, you missed 4 orientations: Transgender, asexual, zooaphilla, and pedophilia.
Nope. Just because you can play with words and write whole sentences doesn't hide the obvious discrimination and homophobia in your comments. If you really wanted to include all sexual orientations, you would've included A LOT more than just listing those select few borderline criminal behaviors. Yet, not surprisingly, you chose to selectively list those sexual behaviors that have highly negative or criminal nature attached as if they are all equivalents to completely legal and legitimate marriages between same sex couples. Would you like us to compare your traditional heterosexual marriage between husband and wife to pedophalia in the same sentence as well? No matter how you word it, it's simply unacceptable in this day and age especially on a public forum, because you make a mockery of the tens of thousands of your fellow Canadian citizens who are lawfully and legitimately married and are in loving same-sex relationships. It makes you sound like nothing more than a small-town homophobic bigot. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I actually cannot find a more adept way to describe what you just said in your previous posts. Also, fyi, several posters and I have just agreed to report your previous comments to the moderators.

Oh and no need to respond. You've already made it to my ignore list, so I won't be able to see your comments anyway, just to save you some time Good day sir!

Last edited by bostonkid123; 06-10-2015 at 07:59 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
FWB - Friends with benefits

NSA - No strings attached

Thanks for the coherent explanations Makes this discussion much more civil and interesting.

I think there's a lot of misconceptions about this new sex-ed curriculum (highly doubt any of those protesters or majority of parents even took the time to read the contents of the curriculum), in that people automatically assume that 3rd graders are going to be taught masturbation and anal sex... I read a quick summary of the updated sex-ed curriculum - the only aspect of sexuality mentioned in 3rd grade is the fact some children have gay parents and that it's okay to have gay parents - which I think is essential considering that some of these children are indeed coming from families with gay or lesbian parents, and it's all the more important that the school re-assures these children and their peers, to pre-empt possible bullying or harassment of children from same-sex families.

Another aspect of the new sex-ed curriculum is that, at no point in time are elementary or middle school students going to be taught the various techniques of sex or masturbation. No this is not Kama Sutra - I'm sure kids and teenagers can read all the fun details on their own time via Google incognito-mode. By grade 8, children will be taught how STIs are transmitted through various means of sexual contact, and common preventive measures through contraception and safe sex practices. Pretty essential knowledge - as I personally knew a few classmates when I was in 8th grade who had already had sex in their early teenage years, not uncommon in this day and age.

By Grade 8, students will be taught the four most commonly identified sexual orientations - heterosexual, bisexual, gay, lesbian, and that it's absolutely okay to have different sexual orientations among different individuals. Most importantly, they are taught how to use these terms appropriately, and not in a derogatory manner that may be hurtful to those different from them.

Huffington post did a very comprehensive fact check of some of the key aspects of the new curriculum:

5 Myths And Facts About Ontario's Updated Sex Education Curriculum*|*Karyn Pickles

And here is the full PDF document detailing each year's curriculum from Grades 1-8:

https://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curric...althcurr18.pdf
So people can have their kids opt out entirely from this class? Unless I'm misunderstanding the Huffington Post link, that's what it seems to be saying.

In that case, I don't really see a problem, even allowing for cultural differences.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Full disclosure: I have two kids who are in the prime age audience for this stuff, but they go to school in Quebec, not Ontario.

I must say that my personal view is that any concern about kids being exposed to detailed sexual information (and stuff like homosexuality) is largely outweighed by the benefit to kids who in a previous era might have had a lot of anxiety (or worse) related to their sexual feelings and identity, who now can at least learn and have the self-confidence that they're "ok" just being who they are.

How many suicides, murders and other tragedies have happened because of what kids used to be taught was "normal" vs. "abnormal".
Well, there is that too, but how many years has it been now since homosexuality has been accepted as normal and kids have been made aware of that? I recall asking my sister about stuff like this a few years back and she says it still goes on. I said how can it when supposedly there's a zero tolerance policy against bullying, and she says it does. Does that go on in your kids' school?

It seems to me that just like chickens pick on the Chicken Little who is different, kids pick up on differences too and if it isn't one thing, it's another. And I'm not saying that any of it is okay, I'm just wondering what exactly stops it.

I recall "***" being tossed around by boys at other boys when I was in school and I think the issue wasn't homosexuality, but rather boys trying to hit other boys where they thought it would hurt without any understanding of the word. As far as I know, none of the boys who were bullied with that particular name were anything but straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or