U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Canada a land of mediocrity?
Yes 23 60.53%
No 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,170,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
No no you have it backwards. You have the inferiority complex of Canadians which is getting SO old.".
I'm glad you see the distinction between those who have an alleged inferiority complex and those who may actually have one..

Last edited by fusion2; 05-27-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 PM

18,348 posts, read 10,418,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I don't care if you agree or not. But are you too not typing your opinions anonymously on the www?

Seems hypocritical and you are just upset that I don't think canada is the greatest place ever. Believe me you don't have to hear my opinions as I will move to the usa.

Relax. Old man.
I've already stated my perception of your predilection for seeking endorsement rather than simply typing opinions.

I don't think Canada is the "greatest" place either. It is also however, not lacking in those areas you've earmarked as failing you personally.

You gotta try harder if "old man" is considered a snipe by you or your peers. You aren't even hitting inside the ten ring with that. It's a compliment only children mistake for a proffered slight.

Migrating to the USA is not going to be the panacea you think, as they show an even greater disdain for those who make excuses and those who are never content, those whom others would unkindly refer to as whiners and malcontents.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,170,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Migrating to the USA is not going to be the panacea you think, as they show an even greater disdain for those who make excuses and those who are never content, those whom others would unkindly refer to as whiners and malcontents.
Most of us are mediocre - almost all of us don't want to admit it

That's not a Canadian thing or American thing - its a human thing.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:10 PM

16,009 posts, read 6,308,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Most of us are mediocre - almost all of us don't want to admit it

That's not a Canadian thing or American thing - its a human thing.
Former Nebraska Senator Roman Rhuska on mediocrity, when supporting nomination of supposedly mediocre Supreme Court justice nominee G. Harold Carswell: "So what if he is mediocre? There are a lot of mediocre judges and people and lawyers. They are entitled to a little representation, aren't they? We can't have all Brandeises, Cardozos, and Frankfurters and stuff like that there." (link to source)

Old 05-27-2015, 06:29 PM

678 posts, read 665,679 times
Quote:
I've already stated my perception of your predilection for seeking endorsement rather than simply typing opinions.

I don't think Canada is the "greatest" place either. It is also however, not lacking in those areas you've earmarked as failing you personally.

You gotta try harder if "old man" is considered a snipe by you or your peers. You aren't even hitting inside the ten ring with that. It's a compliment only children mistake for a proffered slight.

Yup, or as I referred to as entitled-bandwagon-firstworlders.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:45 PM

800 posts, read 510,277 times
Quote:

whatever makes you feel better on a message board old man. you are not going to change my mind with your Overdone essays.

You don't know me. What the **** is wrong with you? Do you know my plans? Do you know the people I work/ will work with?

Are you gay? I seem to get into it a lot with gay guys on here.

You are very judgmental and i think you are a bitter old pick that types essays to make it seem like you are more intelligent than me. If you don't notice we are on a message board and i can state my opinion freely. You seem not to agree. Like you want to be a dictator or something. Go spend a day thinking of a response to give the illusion you are actually witty.

You take personal shots at me like you know me. If you do who the **** are you? Unless you figured me all out in the 100 posts I have on here.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
whatever makes you feel better on a message board old man. you are not going to change my mind with your Overdone essays.

You don't know me. What the **** is wrong with you? Do you know my plans? Do you know the people I work/ will work with?

You are very judgmental and i think you are a bitter old pick that types essays to make it seem like you are more intelligent than me. If you don't notice we are on a message board and i can state my opinion freely. You seem not to agree. Like you want to be a dictator or something. Go spend a day thinking of a response to give the illusion you are actually witty.

You take personal shots at me like you know me. If you do who the **** are you? Unless you figured me all out in the 100 posts I have on here.
U mad?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Here's the deal kid.

I don't think you're even playing a small part in the drama you've patterned for yourself on here.

You're a narcissistic little simpleton chained to his mother's water heater who engages in the well known practice of word association to bait others with fallacious accusations.

This last post is a veritable textbook example of failed puberty.

I'm judgemental by considering all of your posts with the total disdain they deserve and by which they seem to have been received by the obviously 'more intelligent than yourself' members on here.

You've now reduced yourself to the most puerile name calling in what constitutes a reasonable facsimile of a 3 year old throwing a tantrum in a crowded room of adults.

The "bitter old p*ick typing essays", as I've already explained, I'll accept as a compliment. The bitter part not being in any way accurate as I'm totally and completely thankful for the life I continue to enjoy.

"old prick" may however be completely accurate as I've been called that many times on the golf course so have no choice but to accede it's credence. I'll wear that like a badge of honour and will thank whatever gods awarded me the title, they didn't deem me fit for the "servile whining malcontent" moniker instead.

"Typing essays in an attempt to seem more intelligent than you" is obviously another assessment based upon your more than adequately demonstrated, apparent lack of effective secondary school education. Unlike yourself I enjoy playing this game and am not on here deliberately fomenting acrimony while calling it "opinion".

By the by, any and all reference to "gay" used as a pejorative in such egregious fashion puts you in a category that will ultimately cause you grief further down the road. Freud devoted a whole thesis to your particular persona. One can only hope that grief will take the form of your personal welfare being put firmly in the hands of any number of gay people. Pray their compassion and understanding are of a higher stature than yours. Their superior intelligence will not be in doubt.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'm so mad.

GRRRRRRRRR.

keep labeling me when you don't know me.
I guess due to your ADD, you've already forgotten your labelling yourself with your post # 61?

Keep posting as you have been and we'll all get to know every facet lacking in your character.

Any prospective employer is going to read you like a .10 cent comic book and adjudge you cruelly indeed.

Reading what I'm sure will be a carefully drafted resume by an on-line service to then be faced with personally interviewing you and asking some stock questions will result in a quick eye-glance back at the resume to be followed instantly with "well; I think we have an understanding of your potential contribution to our company, we'll be in touch, thank you, don't forget to have your parking ticket validated on your way out".

Your perception of being the victim of a lack of opportunity within Canada is very rapidly being determined by those of us reading your posts to simply be the result of your personal deficits in any number of critical areas. You are a small fish in a very large body of water my friend and my early advice holds merit. Use your time to hone your skillset instead of whining about your lack of opportunity.

Even the most incompetent interviewer is going to fathom your lack of skills disguised as "luck of the draw".

Am I being unduly harsh for your delicate nature youngster?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 AM

800 posts, read 510,277 times
Quote:
I guess due to your ADD, you've already forgotten your labelling yourself with your post # 61?

Keep posting as you have been and we'll all get to know every facet lacking in your character.

Any prospective employer is going to read you like a .10 cent comic book and adjudge you cruelly indeed.

Reading what I'm sure will be a carefully drafted resume by an on-line service to then be faced with personally interviewing you and asking some stock questions will result in a quick eye-glance back at the resume to be followed instantly with "well; I think we have an understanding of your potential contribution to our company, we'll be in touch, thank you, don't forget to have your parking ticket validated on your way out".

Your perception of being the victim of a lack of opportunity within Canada is very rapidly being determined by those of us reading your posts to simply be the result of your personal deficits in any number of critical areas. You are a small fish in a very large body of water my friend and my early advice holds merit. Use your time to hone your skillset instead of whining about your lack of opportunity.

Even the most incompetent interviewer is going to fathom your lack of skills disguised as "luck of the draw".

Am I being unduly harsh for your delicate nature youngster?
So I don't have a job now? So I do not have a wife and kids and self sufficient? So you are making stuff up about me so you can prop yourself on a pedastal? I have a job. I have a home with my wife. I have opportunities. I am well liked in the real world and don't need your approval. You seem to think i want people's validation. I don't i came to share my opinion. Just because you are stubborn and believe your self wOrth is a lot more than it is. Doesn't make you anything more than you are. a nobody. Just like the rest of us posting on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada