U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Is Canada a land of mediocrity?
Yes 23 60.53%
No 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2015, 06:27 PM
 
3,156 posts, read 2,079,155 times
Reputation: 1256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Could say the same for you
You intervened in a thread I opened so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2015, 06:31 PM
 
3,156 posts, read 2,079,155 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You are passive aggressive about Vancouver. On one hand you say you like Vancouver etc. Then you post threads, like this. Your history is long.

Everyone sees your game, and it's getting boring. That's all. Many of the regular posters here have told you as much, with some even requesting that you seek help.

I don't think you need help, but I do think there is something going on in your head, and from past posts I'm guessing that it's because you don't like Seattle as well. Sour grapes syndrome perhaps. Places that don't work out for you must be horrible for everyone.

You left Canada, find an article that might support your decision of it being mediocre...so post it and feel better??

You keep avoiding my question....tell me where I said Vancouver is horrible?? Where I said I hate it??. Passive aggressive?? Really?? Do you think my posts are from someone of a passive aggressive nature?? I'm probably the last person that fit that definition, if anything I'm maybe on the extreme side of "in your face" type of personality....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Seattle-WA-USA
678 posts, read 665,679 times
Reputation: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You keep avoiding my question....tell me where I said Vancouver is horrible?? Where I said I hate it??. Passive aggressive?? Really?? Do you think my posts are from someone of a passive aggressive nature?? I'm probably the last person that fit that definition, if anything I'm maybe on the extreme side of "in your face" type of personality....
Just because you dont say you hate it doesn't mean you don't
This is something called denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 07:53 PM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,189,061 times
Reputation: 1816
I want to second a previous poster's sentiment about all this:

Thread Fail.

Way to make friends saturno_v.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 08:19 PM
 
3,751 posts, read 3,730,411 times
Reputation: 3526
I voted no. Mediocrity in my opinion would include culture, for one thing, and I like Canadian music better than American music per capita. I really like the singer Lights from Toronto.

Also, Canada does a better job of taking care of its poor and workers than America, though it's definitely not perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2015, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,170,425 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I voted no. Mediocrity in my opinion would include culture, for one thing, and I like Canadian music better than American music per capita. I really like the singer Lights from Toronto.

Also, Canada does a better job of taking care of its poor and workers than America, though it's definitely not perfect.
Oh don't say that - according to some Toronto is the antithesis of culture - can't get much worse.. Whatever is left that isn't american is at the very least a 'knock' off of American culture..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 06:54 AM
 
34,475 posts, read 41,589,827 times
Reputation: 29948
Great, a post on whether Canada is mediocre and it garners 25 responses and a majority of poll posters saying it is,
So i guess op has made the point Canada is evidently Mediocre
saturno if you are Canadian the implication is obvious

Last edited by jambo101; 05-16-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 AM
 
18,354 posts, read 10,418,262 times
Reputation: 13419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Great, a post on whether Canada is mediocre and it garners 25 responses and a majority of poll posters saying it is,
So i guess op has made the point Canada is evidently Mediocre
saturno if you are Canadian the implication is obvious
Two possibilities here; either he's just another jealous foreigner of he's a Canadian who does not understand the difference between being characteristically Canadian apologetic and being a sycophantic compulsive apologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,714 posts, read 8,792,917 times
Reputation: 7329
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You keep avoiding my question....tell me where I said Vancouver is horrible?? Where I said I hate it??. Passive aggressive?? Really?? Do you think my posts are from someone of a passive aggressive nature?? I'm probably the last person that fit that definition, if anything I'm maybe on the extreme side of "in your face" type of personality....
Read my post. I never said that you said Vancouver is horrible in actual words. Anyone can go through your old posts and see for themselves.
Every time Vancouver or Canada comes up on a thread, there you are to dismiss anything positive said about them.

Your record speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 07:32 PM
 
3,156 posts, read 2,079,155 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Read my post. I never said that you said Vancouver is horrible in actual words. Anyone can go through your old posts and see for themselves.
Every time Vancouver or Canada comes up on a thread, there you are to dismiss anything positive said about them.

Your record speaks for itself.
Tell me where I said nothing positive about Van....there are positives, big positives and there are fairly big negatives as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top