U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Canada a land of mediocrity?
Yes 23 60.53%
No 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:31 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,173,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
I believe that's what he meant
No not the U.S - most individuals aren't 'poor' - but with that said is the U.S great in every single criteria that should be measured when we are speaking of greatness - well, no but really I wasn't thinking of the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 03:37 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,173,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2780 View Post
No need to get aggravated, I think the poll's results give a better picture of what people think than some of the rants going on here.
LOL - a poll result in C/D.. you make me laugh....

Old 05-20-2015, 08:14 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,458,160 times
Read "unwilling to take risks" and immediately decided I wouldn't take the risk of looking any further into it. For sure written by some American crony who wants Canada to be a society of a couple more billionaires at the risk of a lot more financially uncomfortables.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:08 AM

21,963 posts, read 27,429,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Read "unwilling to take risks" and immediately decided I wouldn't take the risk of looking any further into it. For sure written by some American crony who wants Canada to be a society of a couple more billionaires at the risk of a lot more financially uncomfortables.
Is that your finger I see right there EXACTLY on the point of all of this!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:43 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,189,824 times
This entire thread is just so pointless. Started by some dude living who moved away from Canada years ago, and apparently way too much free time on his hands. Time to just let it die off.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:56 PM

3,156 posts, read 2,079,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
This entire thread is just so pointless. Started by some dude living who moved away from Canada years ago, and apparently way too much free time on his hands. Time to just let it die off.
Nobody forces you to read it Bostonkid

Old 05-24-2015, 10:47 AM

5,746 posts, read 3,221,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Passive aggressive?? Really?? Do you think my posts are from someone of a passive aggressive nature?? I'm probably the last person that fit that definition, if anything I'm maybe on the extreme side of "in your face" type of personality....
Gotta agree with him here. Saturno strikes me as opinionated and blunt, perhaps (I'm Scottish, so I'm very used to those traits), but passive-aggressive? No. But there are a few other posters in the Canadian threads who ARE routinely passive-aggressive.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,731,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I agree with you. It seems like a lot of people, including a lot of Canadian conservatives, want to remake Canada into a libertarian hell hole where the right to own a gun or not be taxed is valued higher than the right to an education or health care.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:01 PM

800 posts, read 510,492 times
canada is definitely not big and extravagant like America. It's for the folk who don't have big dreams and willING to take big risks no matter what the outcome. If that's what you mean by mediocre than yes. canada is a place where people generally play it safe and stick to the status quo. A fair place. Maybe not the best place for the overly self centreed ambitious following. Famous types. But those content with living a decent Life. safe and conservative. But too boring to make a story out of.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:11 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,189,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
canada is definitely not big and extravagant like America. It's for the folk who don't have big dreams and willING to take big risks no matter what the outcome. If that's what you mean by mediocre than yes. canada is a place where people generally play it safe and stick to the status quo. A fair place. Maybe not the best place for the overly self centreed ambitious following. Famous types. But those content with living a decent Life. safe and conservative. But too boring to make a story out of.
Wait, so I relocated to Canada last year with one of the top silicon tech companies because people like me don't have big dreams, are not willing to take risks, and only came here to lead a mediocre life and the crappy government handouts? You just lost all credibility by making sweeping generalizations about an entire country, unless you are claiming to know the dreams and aspirations of all 35 million of Canada's inhabitants?

Sometimes I feel like some people on C-D's Canada forum need to get their head checked at the nearest psychiatric institution, because some of these folks clearly need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada