Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Canada a land of mediocrity?
Yes 23 60.53%
No 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:40 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Nor would I expect everyone to - with that said Karassmatic you are here with us mediocre folks so again i'm not thinking of my own life, i'm having a gay ole time i'm thinking of the happiness of others and trying to provide some inspiration to them to not settle for a place that they are so clearly not happy with.. Life is too short complaining about Canada when the bright lights beckon... ORRRR create your own bright lights here and put to rest this notion of mediocrity in Canada... The power is within YOU to do that Karassmatic.... Make Canada GRRRRRRRRREAT!!... You have 5 years to complete this task now go get em Tyga...
I know this is way too late. But I really wish I had this type of positivity in my life eons ago. Lol. Better late then never I guess.

Appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 10:43 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
I know this is way too late. But I really wish I had this type of positivity in my life eons ago. Lol. Better late then never I guess.

Appreciated.
Ah don't worry - i'm used to drinking the Kool Aid but yeah - truly it is never too late and its always better to create change in life than to sort of get stuck in the gutter.. There's always pins to knock down..

Old 05-26-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Ah don't worry - i'm used to drinking the Kool Aid but yeah - truly it is never too late and its always better to create change in life than to sort of get stuck in the gutter.. There's always pins to knock down..
I don't care if you mean it or not. I jist feel like unless you try to go the safe route here you get struck with endless amounts of criticisms and negativity. It's just nice when Ppl blindly give you positivity. Whether they mean it or not. It is truly quite powerful. I wish more people would do it. Reality will hit regardless anyway

Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,930 times
Quote:
canada is definitely not big and extravagant like America. It's for the folk who don't have big dreams and willING to take big risks no matter what the outcome. If that's what you mean by mediocre than yes. canada is a place where people generally play it safe and stick to the status quo. A fair place. Maybe not the best place for the overly self centreed ambitious following. Famous types. But those content with living a decent Life. safe and conservative. But too boring to make a story out of.
I actually prefer how Canada advocates moderate prosperity for all of their people, as opposed to the all-or-nothing deal we get here in the States. There is definitely less of a caste system up there. I think Canada has some of the best qualities of both Europe and the US.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
I don't care if you mean it or not. I jist feel like unless you try to go the safe route here you get struck with endless amounts of criticisms and negativity. It's just nice when Ppl blindly give you positivity. Whether they mean it or not. It is truly quite powerful. I wish more people would do it. Reality will hit regardless anyway
Jeeeeeze Louise!

It has got to be an age thing for my complete chagrin with your posts.

Were my father to ever hear my brother or I expressing ourselves thusly. His disdain would have been palpable and unforgettable with perhaps a trip to any number of places where people were far less fortunate, to spend some quality time with forced interaction with folks unable to compete or pattern their existence at all.

His first stop would have been a now defunct Ontario Hospital just a short drive away, where people with disabilities of the full range would have been warehoused by their embarrassed/bored/lazy families to never again see the light of day. Down's syndrome, birth defects of the withered arm or club foot variety, anything at all deemed an embarrassment, was an excuse for some to be put away thusly.

You're spending time anonymously typing away your irrelevant angst on a computer connected to the WWW soliciting solace or confirmation from strangers.........

My working life is over ten years behind me now and I've done my daily bike ride, gardening, hobby metalwork/woodwork stuff out in my workshop for a couple of hours and am now taking a lunch break before going back out to finish sandblasting some outdoor light fixtures before re-coating them a more modern colour.

Get a grip kid!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Jeeeeeze Louise!

Were my father to ever hear my brother or I expressing ourselves thusly. His disdain would have been palpable and unforgettable with perhaps a trip to any number of places where people were far less fortunate, to spend some quality time with forced interaction with folks unable to compete or pattern their existence at all.

His first stop would have been a now defunct Ontario Hospital just a short drive away, where people with disabilities of the full range would have been warehoused by their embarrassed/bored/lazy families to never again see the light of day. Down's syndrome, birth defects of the withered arm or club foot variety, anything at all deemed an embarrassment, was an excuse for some to be put away thusly.

You're spending time anonymously typing away your irrelevant angst on a computer connected to the WWW soliciting solace or confirmation from strangers.........

My working life is over ten years behind me now and I've done my daily bike ride, gardening, hobby metalwork/woodwork stuff out in my workshop for a couple of hours and am now taking a lunch break before going back out to finish sandblasting some outdoor light fixtures before re-coating them a more modern colour.

Get a grip kid!
Good stuff there BruSan. Sounds like a great retirement!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Jeeeeeze Louise!

Get a grip kid!
I don't care if you agree or not. But are you too not typing your opinions anonymously on the www?

Seems hypocritical and you are just upset that I don't think canada is the greatest place ever. Believe me you don't have to hear my opinions as I will move to the usa.

Relax. Old man.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:50 AM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
Quote:
I don't care if you agree or not. But are you too not typing your opinions anonymously on the www?

Seems hypocritical and you are just upset that I don't think canada is the greatest place ever. Believe me you don't have to hear my opinions as I will move to the usa.

Relax. Old man.
Move there then. The bandwagon might be a little full, though.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Move there then. The bandwagon might be a little full, though.
Never knew I had an echo.

Lol at u being so mad.

Why do u care so much if I don't think canada is so great? I'm sure American feel the same about usa. Wanting to come to Canada.

You have such an inferiority complex.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:06 AM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
Quote:
Never knew I had an echo.

Lol at u being so mad.

Why do u care so much if I don't think canada is so great? I'm sure American feel the same about usa. Wanting to come to Canada.

You have such an inferiority complex.
No no you have it backwards. You have the inferiority complex of Canadians which is getting SO old.
"Boo hoo I don't like Canada so I'm gonna move to America where the flag looks pretty"
It just honestly reminds me of a 13 year-old kid, can't get any more basic than that. So much for uniqueness.
All I can say is good luck trying to move to the US from Canada, as the process is 3x harder than vice versa.
America is a country of 330 million people and would rather take in immigrants from war-torn 3rd world countries who are desperate for a life chance to come to the US and become successful... instead of an ungrateful Canadian who already lives in a developed country who wants to move to America just because its "cooler".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada