Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Canada a land of mediocrity?
Yes 23 60.53%
No 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:35 PM

800 posts, read 730,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Wait, so I relocated to Canada last year with one of the top silicon tech companies because people like me don't have big dreams, are not willing to take risks, and only came here to lead a mediocre life and the crappy government handouts? You just lost all credibility by making sweeping generalizations about an entire country, unless you are claiming to know the dreams and aspirations of all 35 million of Canada's inhabitants?

Sometimes I feel like some people on C-D's Canada forum need to get their head checked at the nearest psychiatric institution, because some of these folks clearly need help.

So what is your company? I'm betting you are not on the Forbes list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Wait, so I relocated to Canada last year with one of the top silicon tech companies because people like me don't have big dreams, are not willing to take risks, and only came here to lead a mediocre life and the crappy government handouts? You just lost all credibility by making sweeping generalizations about an entire country, unless you are claiming to know the dreams and aspirations of all 35 million of Canada's inhabitants?

Sometimes I feel like some people on C-D's Canada forum need to get their head checked at the nearest psychiatric institution, because some of these folks clearly need help.

So what is your company? I'm betting you are not on the Forbes list and your dreams aren't that big. If so please enlighten me. Companies don't usually have headquarters on canada. Big ones anyway. I'm betting you are a smaller firm? Please prove me wrong and prove to me you are indeed living the American dream I'm canada and not just overstating your Success.

Anyway you got a boring corporate job. i waa mainly speaking on arts and entertainmemt. So whatever.

Congrats on loving canada. I have a different experience.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 05-26-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 09:54 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,173,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
So what is your company? I'm betting you are not on the Forbes list and your dreams aren't that big. If so please enlighten me. Companies don't usually have headquarters on canada. Big ones anyway. I'm betting you are a smaller firm? Please prove me wrong and prove to me you are indeed living the American dream I'm canada and not just overstating your success.

Or you couldn't just cut it in America.

Anyway you got a boring corporate job. i waa mainly speaking on arts and entertainmemt. So whatever.

lol.

You know anybody thinking just for a moment that that I'm going to freely provide my personal and career information to some anonymous nobody loser on an online forum, must think that I fell off some sort of a turnip truck pulling into downtown Toronto.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
lol.

You know anybody thinking just for a moment that that I'm going to freely provide my personal and career information to some anonymous nobody loser on an online forum, must think that I fell off some sort of a turnip truck pulling into downtown Toronto.
So why would I believe you?

I'm betting you have an boring upper middle class job and a boring life. You fit canada perfect. No wonder you love it here.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 PM

35,059 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Are you qualified to give that kind of help or evaluate its need? Can I schedule an appointment?

Old 05-26-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
So why would I believe you?

I'm betting you have an boring upper middle class job and a boring life. You fit canada perfect. No wonder you love it here.

Yep, that's me, and I'm loving my upper middle class life.

And just for the record, you really don't have to believe a word I say. You don't know me, and I don't know you. Just believe whatever makes you feel good.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
So what is your company? I'm betting you are not on the Forbes list and your dreams aren't that big. If so please enlighten me. Companies don't usually have headquarters on canada. Big ones anyway. I'm betting you are a smaller firm? Please prove me wrong and prove to me you are indeed living the American dream I'm canada and not just overstating your Success.

So Karassmatic... Since us boring mediocre people with boring mediocre corporate jobs and average levels of ambition are a little too stuffy for you and cramping your style and after all, there really is in your estimation no opportunities in this mediocre land vs the land of extravagance and Technicolor may I ask why you are here? I mean surely a man with your extraordinary creative talents and brilliance is just being unnecessarily bogged down and wasting his time here.. I mean look at the Bieb's and his level of brilliant success - 21 years old and a net worth of 200 million US to the D privileged enough to be roasted by the likes of Martha Stewart, Snoop Lion - dog - Lion urm and Luda.. He's allowed to stay the U.S even though he is a Canadian citizen because he has a VISA for his 'extraordinary abilities' - so someone as driven as you and clearly miles above the rest of us mediocre peons should easily be able to match at the very least the success of Justin B.. Let us know when we can see you on TV or the Big screen (not those pathetic Anglo Canadian shows/movies that nobody watches), I mean HOLLYWOOD BIG or hear you on the radio while we here just foam at the mouth in jealousy whilst trying to manage that omnipresent inferiority complex genetically programmed in our Deoxyribonucleic Acid.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:

Yep, that's me, and I'm loving my upper middle class life.

And you really don't have to believe me. Just believe whatever makes you feel good.
So your dreams were to live in the upper middle class for a tech company that branched out to Canada?

Damn. Big dreams!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
So your dreams were to live in the upper middle class for a tech company that branched out to Canada?

Damn. Big dreams!
Aren't you past your bed time? Mommy's waiting to tuck your bed.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So Karassmatic... Since us boring mediocre people with boring mediocre corporate jobs and average levels of ambition are a little too stuffy for you and cramping your style and after all, there really is in your estimation no opportunities in this mediocre land vs the land of extravagance and Technicolor may I ask why you are here? I mean surely a man with your extraordinary creative talents and brilliance is just being unnecessarily bogged down and wasting his time here.. I mean look at the Bieb's and his level of brilliant success - 21 years old and a net worth of 200 million US to the D.. He's allowed to stay the U.S even though he is a Canadian citizen because he has a VISA for his 'extraordinary abilities' - so someone as driven as you and clearly miles above the rest of us mediocre peons should easily be able to match at the very least the success of Justin B.. Let us know when we can see you on TV or the Big screen (not those pathetic Anglo Canadian shows/movies that nobody watches), I mean HOLLYWOOD BIG or hear you on the radio while we here just foam at the mouth in jealousy whilst trying to manage that omnipresent inferiority complex
lol. That's funny. I'm jusr stating my opinions. People bash usa more than Canada. So I don't get why you'd get your panties in a bunch over every little comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada