U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 11:32 AM

678 posts, read 664,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure not looking at the USA as a preferable place than Canada heck i grew up in St Pete Fla and 40 years ago immigrated to Canada the correct way at this point you couldnt pay me enough to return as a fulltime resident to the USA.Seems your country is one sick puppy and is indeed on a very big downward slide and for many instead of trying to fix the problems in their own country are instead thinking they'll escape to Canada and sooner or later probably f uck this country up as well.
From our ops description of his life and qualifications (post 84) at this point he has virtually no chance at immigrating to Canada to escape the decline of America, in fact his lazy and complacent attitude represents a major part of Americas problems.
Best advice i can give op is go out there and get a life, start by getting a decent job,get a girlfriend,work on eventually having a family life of your own rather than living in a room in Moms basement..
Finally a post that doesn't put America on a pedestal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM

34,395 posts, read 41,499,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
All great advice, though many successful people today still lead decent and upright lives without girl friend or family or kids. We don't all have to fit into a certain mold in order to succeed, just saying. On the other hand - perseverance, hard work, and a positive upbeat attitude are absolute necessities.
No doubt some people become successful in life without girl friend or family or kids but in our ops particular situation i believe a good job would be a good start at getting out of Moms basement and the camaraderie of a girl friend would help in the motivation department and the family and financial security that would eventually come along would be the reward for this course of action, at the moment we have an individual who is all torque no traction..

Old 05-26-2015, 04:07 PM

48 posts, read 38,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
All great advice, though many successful people today still lead decent and upright lives without girl friend or family or kids. We don't all have to fit into a certain mold in order to succeed, just saying. On the other hand - perseverance, hard work, and a positive upbeat attitude are absolute necessities.
I don't know...I find that total pessimism and ruthless laziness works better for me. You just have to be who you are...refrain from having a family, refuse to be liquidated by society and have a totally negative attitude about life at all times, because life is total crap. It may not get me into canada, but it will get me out of a job and only a really special girl who likes me for me will put up with it...(or I may never find any1 because I was too pessimistic to give it a shot)

Ah...okay so I went into my old college town today by the way. I can't believe how much it is in disarray...I mean when you're on campus life is fine, there are no problems...it's quiet, there are trees and a sense of happiness. But when you step off...well it's still pretty decent when you step off...but for a small town, it seems like insane traffic on many of the streets. idk I think Canada has more of a tamer vibe going on as far as traffic. I don't plan on driving ever again once I figure this crap out. I want to live within the tameness of canada though...the US is wild territory and anyone living there who is pretending to be tame is likely fooling themselves...but to live a dignified, tame Canadian life is not a contradiction and seems totally possible. Thats not to say that you can't tame strange and live a tame life

Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 PM

7,255 posts, read 6,591,773 times
Everything you've said in all of your posts leads me to the conclusion that you're a drug addict in despair. You sound like someone who is addicted to heroin in particular with all of its attendant symptoms and mental attitude and lack of motivation that you've described about yourself. I suspected it with your first post and each successive post has just been more confirmation for me.

If you're going to spend time online I think you should make some effort to research what kinds of programs are available in your location to help you get some counselling and get off the drugs. Fixing yourself and getting a real life where you're at already should be your main priority. Thinking about moving to another country that you know nothing about won't do you any good. It's just a fantasy and an excuse that helps you to ignore your biggest problem which is the monkey on your back and I think you already know that moving to Canada is never going to happen as long as you are the way you are. You need to deal with your reality . I wish you good luck and a brighter outlook and future in your home country.

Last edited by Zoisite; 05-27-2015 at 12:09 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 12:43 AM

34,395 posts, read 41,499,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post
I don't know...I find that total pessimism and ruthless laziness works better for me. You just have to be who you are...refrain from having a family, refuse to be liquidated by society and have a totally negative attitude about life at all times, because life is total crap. It may not get me into canada, but it will get me out of a job and only a really special girl who likes me for me will put up with it...(or I may never find any1 because I was too pessimistic to give it a shot)

Ah...okay so I went into my old college town today by the way. I can't believe how much it is in disarray...I mean when you're on campus life is fine, there are no problems...it's quiet, there are trees and a sense of happiness. But when you step off...well it's still pretty decent when you step off...but for a small town, it seems like insane traffic on many of the streets. idk I think Canada has more of a tamer vibe going on as far as traffic. I don't plan on driving ever again once I figure this crap out. I want to live within the tameness of canada though...the US is wild territory and anyone living there who is pretending to be tame is likely fooling themselves...but to live a dignified, tame Canadian life is not a contradiction and seems totally possible. Thats not to say that you can't tame strange and live a tame life
Not sure what you are expecting from a post such as this or even a topic such as this but you are making a very big error in judgement if you think Canada is tame,It aint. As for your evident need to aspire to have no life? from your descriptions so far in this topic it sounds like you are doing a great job of it,all thats needed now is some good reason for you to qualify for welfare for life then you can forever live in your Moms basement posting satirical/troll-like topics on forums.
What do you really do? as its hard to believe any one can be as vacuous as this topic seems to imply.

Last edited by jambo101; 05-27-2015 at 01:31 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 AM

4,806 posts, read 9,433,319 times
Grand Forks ND is your town to live in. We are close to the border....have tons of Manitobans visiting for shopping (even with the strong US dollar), have many Canadians playing for the University of North Dakota hockey team, and best yet maybe you can convince someone to adopt you and drive you across the border at Pembina/Emerson.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Everything you've said in all of your posts leads me to the conclusion that you're a drug addict in despair. You sound like someone who is addicted to heroin in particular with all of its attendant symptoms and mental attitude and lack of motivation that you've described about yourself. I suspected it with your first post and each successive post has just been more confirmation for me.

I don't have a drug addiction...and I've never even tried anything like that! I mean don't get me started on my college days...no not even! I didn't even drink a lot, and only tried mari9uana occasionaly and wasn't that much of a fan. And mari5uana isn't really a drug right? isn't that the consensus? it's just a plant...okay you're right though, I probably do sound like someone who is...it's probably because my parents live compulsive lives of questionable behavior, and living at home makes me very tense...um hmmm...I need to get out of here as soon as possible!1 this is no lie, I have integrity and to be subjected to living around people who are totally compulsive and do not have integrity or a sense of education is totally unhealthy...but I'm afraid its the american way

Last edited by field l0ver; 05-27-2015 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I don't have a drug addiction...and I've never even tried anything like that! I mean don't get me started on my college days...no not even! I didn't even drink a lot, and only tried mari9uana occasionaly and wasn't that much of a fan. And mari5uana isn't really a drug right? isn't that the consensus? it's just a plant...okay you're right though, I probably do sound like someone who is...it's probably because my parents live compulsive lives of questionable behavior, and living at home makes me very tense...um hmmm...I need to get out of here as soon as possible!1 this is no lie, I have integrity and to be subjected to living around people who are totally compulsive is totally unhealthy...but I'm afraid its the american way
I know...blaming other people for my problems! totally a drug-related characteristic...no no, I am not doing any of that. I just have a realistic, bleak attitude towards modern life

Old 05-27-2015, 01:05 PM

6,529 posts, read 4,090,047 times
Quote:
I have integrity and to be subjected to living around people who are totally compulsive and do not have integrity or a sense of education is totally unhealthy...but I'm afraid its the american way
It's very strange that you're conflating a reasonable statement like "I need to get out of my parents' house" with "I need to get out of this country!" I hardly think your parents are representative of the entire nation. "Totally compulsive, no integrity, no sense of education [whatever that means]" is the American Way??

It really sounds like the only reason you have for going to Canada is because you hope you'll get more free stuff there than you do here.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
It really sounds like the only reason you have for going to Canada is because you hope you'll get more free stuff there than you do here.
well the state I live in, fortunately is pretty much the best state as far as benefits...but pretty much every other state is crap as far as that. Sooooo...I'm pretty much stuck here in this state/region for all time. But if I could somehow squeeze into Canada, I could look forward to maybe leaving for a new province and having opportunities to live in various places...okay maybe there is the possibility that I will achieve some level of financial independence in my lifetime. But the American way of will power is not something I can contribute to...so likely I will not achieve a substantial level of financial independence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or