U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 01:44 PM

78,586 posts, read 70,482,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post
I don't have a drug addiction...and I've never even tried anything like that! I mean don't get me started on my college days...no not even! I didn't even drink a lot, and only tried mari9uana occasionaly and wasn't that much of a fan. And mari5uana isn't really a drug right? isn't that the consensus? it's just a plant...okay you're right though, I probably do sound like someone who is...it's probably because my parents live compulsive lives of questionable behavior, and living at home makes me very tense...um hmmm...I need to get out of here as soon as possible!1 this is no lie, I have integrity and to be subjected to living around people who are totally compulsive and do not have integrity or a sense of education is totally unhealthy...but I'm afraid its the american way
What?! Coca leaf isn't a drug, it's just a plant. That's the consensus in the Andes, anyway....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 02:29 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Okay...I know this question has been asked a thousand and three times, but rather than read over all of the other people's I'm just going to post my own stuff and people can hopefully hook me up with some information and advice.

Okay...I am 26 years old, white male, with 4 years of college education and however no degree! I am thoroughly disenchanted with American culture, and I want to become a Canadian citizen so that I can leave it behind and never look back. I've been reading that the process of immigration can be fast tracked with a job. What I am confused on is whether I can simply show up to Canada and start asking around for a job, or whether there is a ton of paperwork that will have to be handled first.

I mean... can I not just show up to Ontario or Seskatchewan and start asking around for a job? and by job I mean a low level, crappy job... and from there, can I not get all the rest of the paperwork sorted out? ...housing permits, working permits, whatever permits...and then in a year or 2 apply for canadian citizenship? Can it be that easy? Can I get the job first by showing up, and then take care of everything else? or is there a lengthy preliminary process that must needs come first?

Because if there is no lengthy process that must needs come first, then I don't know whats stopping me from getting into my moms car, crossing the border and looking for a job for 60 days straight and then taking that paperwork to the canadian embassy to setup a residence permit, etc. and inevitably beginning my journey in Canada
You CAN ask for jobs, but the problem is, no employer can hire you because you are not authorized to work in Canada.

Of course with some luck you may find an employer who is willing to sponsor you, but chances are slim - especially when it comes to "low level, crappy job".

Immigration is not such an easy task... did you know tens of thousands of foreigners in the US with their advanced degree still struggle with obtaining a US greencard? It is damn hard.

Without a degree, TN is out of the picture too. You probably should marry a Canadian in order to get Canadian PR that fast.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:55 PM

34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
Marrying a Canadian isnt a given when it comes to ease of entry into Canada as a permanent resident, still a lot of bureaucratic c rap one has to wade through.

What Happens when you marry a Canadian citizen? | VisaPlace - Canadian & US Immigration Lawyers

And of course theres a plethora of lawyers that for a high price will help you along..

Old 05-27-2015, 03:20 PM

48 posts, read 37,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What?! Coca leaf isn't a drug, it's just a plant. That's the consensus in the Andes, anyway....
in its natural form the coca leaf is a harmless, mild stimulant. So you're right it's not a drug. It becomes a drug when it's chemically altered and extracted to make cocaine

Old 05-27-2015, 04:23 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,133,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Without a degree, TN is out of the picture too. You probably should marry a Canadian in order to get Canadian PR that fast.
That can still take awhile... I'm not sure how long it is for an American but its far more than just marrying a Canadian... The Canadian Citizen has to sponsor their spouse and it is not exactly a basic process.. There's a boatload of paperwork and it is an emotional roller coaster.. In addition, Immigration Canada is bogged down with a lot of applicants and you should know how government officials work in terms of productivity... By the time he finds a Canadian citizen willing to do it to the time after the sponsorship is approved (assuming it will be approved which isn't a sure bet) and PR card granted can realistically take years.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,133,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Marrying a Canadian isnt a given when it comes to ease of entry into Canada as a permanent resident, still a lot of bureaucratic c rap one has to wade through.

What Happens when you marry a Canadian citizen? | VisaPlace - Canadian & US Immigration Lawyers

And of course theres a plethora of lawyers that for a high price will help you along..
I know the process very well Jambo and from the time I met my partner to the time he got his PR card was 4 years.. I didn't just sponsor him 2 months after I met him - and unless its changed you need to have been with your partner/spouse for a minimum of 6 months before you can start the process.

Legal costs are also there.. We got an Immigration consultant and although not astronomically expensive it did cost a few grand and money well spent... The paperwork is out of this world and if one little detail is incorrect they can send back the application each and every time which just further delays the process and naturally the shipping costs are at your expense not the governments.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:07 AM

I think by now its obvious our op doesnt have what it takes to immigrate to Canada, time for Plan-B

Old 05-28-2015, 11:54 AM

1,170 posts, read 794,301 times
Quote:
in its natural form the coca leaf is a harmless, mild stimulant. So you're right it's not a drug. It becomes a drug when it's chemically altered and extracted to make cocaine
Not trying to be unkind but you sound like you need some serious doctor prescribed medication. You sound delusional and with at best a tenuous grasp on reality.

Canada is similar to the US in virtually all the ways you're seeking change - while we have a strong social welfare system we certainly don't allow people to cross the border and freeload off our tax payers, whuc as you indicate in other threads is your life plan.

You seem to work very hard to avoid working hard...

Old 05-28-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
well obviously I wouldn't be able to freeload immediately. But if I got a job for a few years, fast tracked my citizenship, then I could freeload...and do some part time work no doubt. But mostly freeload
Hope you arent thinking you are fooling anyone here as theres no doubt you are having us on with this whole line of rationale as no sane person would think this a picture of success and a lifestyle to strive for http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Homeless_Man.jpg.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM

48 posts, read 37,999 times
no... I don't want to be homeless on the streets. I just want my own apartment, and get help paying for it because I'm too lazy to do it myself. Is that so hard to fathom? Scandinavia wouldn't care... they would be fine with it, if i was scandinavian that is... so... am I screwed? I guess so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or