Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post
I understand that you need a visa and stuff... but first you need an employer to sponsor you. I think that can come first, then the visa, etc. So I would find the job first, then setup the visa and stuff after I've found an employer that will put me on board. Okay, maybe no one knows here..I think no one really knows
Doesnt work that way, i gave you a link to those who do know how it works,here it is again=Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Trying to cross the border with no documentation with the idea you will just get a job will assure you will be denied entry at the border,which will then be attached to your file and will be something that will be scrutinized and need to be explained every time you cross the border in the future.
Also you dont actually need a job to immigrate although it does help,what you need is a marketable skill set that will impress the immigration authorities that you wont have trouble getting a job if they approve your immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
OP, if you have 4 years of college, why are you not applying for decent jobs via a resume as opposed to crappy jobs that you need to apply in person for? If you get a job offer, then you can get "sponsored".

As for entering Canada, you will need to state your reason at the border. If you tell the truth, that you're coming to look for a job, then you're going to be turned back if you don't have the required paperwork. If you lie and say you're coming for a vacation, they might let you in. However, if Canadian immigration finds out you lied, you may kiss you're chances for immigrating to Canada goodbye.

Compared to getting into the US as an immigrant, immigrating to Canada is much, much easier. I know a couple of people who have done it. So, just suck it up, and jump through the hoops. It's your first step in becoming a good Canadian ...

Old 05-17-2015, 08:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
OP, if you have 4 years of college, why are you not applying for decent jobs via a resume as opposed to crappy jobs that you need to apply in person for? If you get a job offer, then you can get "sponsored".

As for entering Canada, you will need to state your reason at the border. If you tell the truth, that you're coming to look for a job, then you're going to be turned back if you don't have the required paperwork. If you lie and say you're coming for a vacation, they might let you in. However, if Canadian immigration finds out you lied, you may kiss you're chances for immigrating to Canada goodbye.

Compared to getting into the US as an immigrant, immigrating to Canada is much, much easier. I know a couple of people who have done it. So, just suck it up, and jump through the hoops. It's your first step in becoming a good Canadian ...
Thank you, Linda!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post

Wow! Kudos for this post.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:48 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Not having a college degree is not necessarily a barrier to immigrate to Canada, if you have some particular skill set or a particular background a company can sponsor you for a temporary visa and then permanent residence...is not as difficult as it may appear on paper but you have to do your homework.

I personally know if several cases of people with no degree that were able to get sponsorship and some of them rather quickly....for example, as far as i know up to couple of years ago if you were very good tiler especially capable to work with marble you could write your own ticket.

A very recent case, a girl from Italy got hired by a high end clothing store in Vancouver because of her experience in the field back home, especially dealing with purchasing merchandise from manufacturers and wholesalers (she basically knows how to work as a buyer in the clothing industry) and actually I'm not even sure she finished her high school diploma in Italy!!

If all you know is making coffee at Starbucks or working in low level retail, in that case yes is next to impossible....

Old 05-18-2015, 03:22 AM

48 posts, read 50,152 times
okay I understand...but what about if an employer likes me and wants to help me become a citizen? couldnt they just help me out then? btw I would not work in a starbucks or coffee setting, because you have to be slightly insane. But I could do a clothing store, grocery store, maybe some bar work... maybe an employer will be willing to help out?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
^^ They would have to prove they made every attempt to hire a Canadian first, for that kind of work.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:32 AM

48 posts, read 50,152 times
ah bull sh*t. Employers and people have mas rights than that... you're just bull sh*tting me because you dont want me coming to your country. I get it

Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,449,141 times
Folks, lets quietly fold this thread. The OP has shown that he is incapable of accepting the truth, that has been written here by the most experienced members of the Canadian forum. He still thinks that he knows better than the 10 regular contributors that have taken the time to TRY to inform him.

Sometimes you can't get through to some people.

Jim B.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:36 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Folks, lets quietly fold this thread. The OP has shown that he is incapable of accepting the truth, that has been written here by the most experienced members of the Canadian forum. He still thinks that he knows better than the 10 regular contributors that have taken the time to TRY to inform him.

Sometimes you can't get through to some people.

Jim B.
Yeah - not so much as a jeez guys thanks for the time you've spent providing the information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada