U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:15 PM

34,397 posts, read 41,499,470 times

Advertisements

OP dont listen to us just go ahead and do it your way .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 PM

7,257 posts, read 6,591,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post

ah bull sh*t. Employers and people have mas rights than that... you're just bull sh*tting me because you dont want me coming to your country. I get it
This is true. I can't speak for everyone else, but as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't want to see you coming to this country unless you can prove you're worthy and would be an asset to Canada. In your posts you haven't demonstrated that you possess the emotional and intellectual character and maturity or other assets and skills that Canada wants. However, you have demonstrated that you're an impolite, self-centered lazy slacker with no skills and no money who exhibits a sense of spoiled entitlement and at age 26 still depends on his mommy's support.

The reason you gave for wanting to run away from USA is absolutely, totally the wrong reason for wanting to come to Canada or any other country. You couldn't be bothered to read any of the other topics already posted about how to immigrate but if you had read them you'd know what are the right reasons for wanting to go to another country. You're argumentative and bad tempered when people tell you truths that you don't want to hear. You've got 4 years of college and no degree - there's a problem right there, what else were you doing during those 4 wasted years besides slacking off? You don't want to go through the paperwork that might allow you to work in Canada (like everyone else has to do) but you expect a Canadian employer to put his business and reputation at risk of loss and possible jail time by hiring an illegal. Because he likes you? I haven't seen a demonstration of anything likeable. Just a lot of imposition and unreasonable expectation.

Go get a job where you are. Get your own car instead of depending on your mother's. Learn some skills and develop some desireable character and a sense of responsibility and dependability. Check back in another 10 or 15 years after you've hopefully grown up some.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:38 PM

359 posts, read 264,454 times
Quote:
Okay...I know this question has been asked a thousand and three times, but rather than read over all of the other people's I'm just going to post my own stuff and people can hopefully hook me up with some information and advice.

Okay...I am 26 years old, white male, with 4 years of college education and however no degree! I am thoroughly disenchanted with American culture, and I want to become a Canadian citizen so that I can leave it behind and never look back. I've been reading that the process of immigration can be fast tracked with a job. What I am confused on is whether I can simply show up to Canada and start asking around for a job, or whether there is a ton of paperwork that will have to be handled first.

I mean... can I not just show up to Ontario or Seskatchewan and start asking around for a job? and by job I mean a low level, crappy job... and from there, can I not get all the rest of the paperwork sorted out? ...housing permits, working permits, whatever permits...and then in a year or 2 apply for canadian citizenship? Can it be that easy? Can I get the job first by showing up, and then take care of everything else? or is there a lengthy preliminary process that must needs come first?

Because if there is no lengthy process that must needs come first, then I don't know whats stopping me from getting into my moms car, crossing the border and looking for a job for 60 days straight and then taking that paperwork to the canadian embassy to setup a residence permit, etc. and inevitably beginning my journey in Canada
You want to come to Canada to escape American culture? Do you see the irony in that?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
You want to come to Canada to escape American culture? Do you see the irony in that?
I'm not seeing the irony maybe you can elaborate.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:13 PM

48 posts, read 38,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OP dont listen to us just go ahead and do it your way .
yea...I mean I'm only about 20 minutes or less from the border, so I'll probably give it a run and see how it goes. Time to research desirable canadian towns

Old 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
yea...I mean I'm only about 20 minutes or less from the border, so I'll probably give it a run and see how it goes. Time to research desirable canadian towns
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks and best of luck eh!

Old 05-20-2015, 09:53 PM

48 posts, read 38,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
I think the irony is that I'm escaping one culture only to go to another culture...and I'm just trading cultures, and the thing that sucks is culture, not whether its this culture or that culture and so I should stick with my own culture that I already know and work from there to be free of all culture. Yea thats probably true...I probably will end up doing something like that because it seems like my plan to find freedom in canada is not realistic

anyway...I want to try my luck at the border, but I'm flipping nervous to go and do it. I mean...what if I say the wrong thing, or tell the border patrol my plan to look for a job. I don't know, I don't want to mess it up...quite nervous about crossing the border. Maybe I shouldn't specify about wanting to immigrate or ask them if its possible? yea okay no one knows I guess...its cool I guess there are probably bigger problems going on in the world. Not saying I'm giving up yet just super hesitant

Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,598,385 times
You keep saying "no one really knows". The folks on this forum do know. They know exactly what the procedure is and how it works. You are refusing to listen because you are not hearing what you want to hear. Good luck with that attitude.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:44 AM

3,751 posts, read 3,721,569 times
If you don't have a degree, Canada is not going to accept you. Period. It's sad, but it's a fact. Only way around it is if you have millions of dollars in the bank or (possibly) marry a Canadian. I myself have looked into it a lot but eventually gave up and realized the best I can hope for is moving to another state in the USA.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:49 AM

3,751 posts, read 3,721,569 times
Quote:
ah bull sh*t. Employers and people have mas rights than that... you're just bull sh*tting me because you dont want me coming to your country. I get it
Canadian standards of immigration are unfortunately, extremely strict and classist. Unless you are in danger of being hacked up to bits and live in a third world wartorn country they won't take pity on you. They want professionals and rich people, otherwise they would rather born Canadians have their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or