U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:17 AM

34,358 posts, read 41,436,735 times

Advertisements

The only way you can enter Canada at this point is as a tourist,telling the border guards exactly where you are going and how long you wish to stay and prove you have enough money to cover your stay.
Coming to the border with no defined plans and some vague notion that you'll look for a job and then perhaps immigrate will assure you will be denied entry.
If you are serious about immigrating to Canada have you gone to the immigration Canada website and filled out the preliminary online forms to get that ball rolling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 AM

1,655 posts, read 1,637,694 times
It's so ridiculous, it might just work!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM

678 posts, read 663,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
If you don't have a degree, Canada is not going to accept you. Period. It's sad, but it's a fact. Only way around it is if you have millions of dollars in the bank or (possibly) marry a Canadian. I myself have looked into it a lot but eventually gave up and realized the best I can hope for is moving to another state in the USA.
I don't think not having a degree is that much a deal breaker. Same how people come into America without a degree or an ID, even with America's tougher immigration laws.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM

Other ways to get in are through sponsorship by family or a company or if you have enough money to start a business.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:26 PM

48 posts, read 37,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurus View Post
You are refusing to listen because you are not hearing what you want to hear. Good luck with that attitude.
thank you

Old 05-21-2015, 05:20 PM

54 posts, read 39,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post
Employers people have mas rights than that... you're just bull sh*tting me because you dont want me coming to your country. I get it
Dude don't give up. Go to the Immigration Canada website and visit the frequently asked questions section and study the site as much as possible.

You're young, maybe apply at a school there and live in Canada on a student visa. Or get a Work from Home job in the States and then find a cheap bachelor apartment in Canada on Craigslist.

That way you're not taking jobs away from any Canadian Citizens. Cause that's all anyone really cares about until you become a Permanent Resident or Citizen

The catch is you gotta go back and visit the U.S. I believe every six months. I think you can stay in Canada for six months without any kind of visa because that was one of the countries listed that can visit Canada for 6 mths with no need of a visa.

Where there's a will, there's a way. You just gotta do your own homework. I asked for advice on CD and didn't find out what I needed to know about migrating to Canada until I went to the Immigration Canada website.

Also, stop wasting time asking on CD when you could call a school or employment agency in Canada and get the information you need from the people you plan to deal with in Canada. Always cut out the middle man as much as possible.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Study it carefully grasshopper

Old 05-21-2015, 05:33 PM

54 posts, read 39,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The only way you can enter Canada at this point is as a tourist,telling the border guards exactly where you are going and how long you wish to stay and prove you have enough money to cover your stay.
Coming to the border with no defined plans and some vague notion that you'll look for a job and then perhaps immigrate will assure you will be denied entry.
If you are serious about immigrating to Canada have you gone to the immigration Canada website and filled out the preliminary online forms to get that ball rolling?
True ^^ When you come to Canada you better say you're visiting. Do not get into all this at the border. As an American Citizen you are allowed to VISIT.

But I don't remember the border patrol ever asking me how much money I have or asking for an address and all that. I told him I was visiting friends and they just asked for how long. But I still don't think you should say 6 months cause then they may ask more questions. Maybe just say a month or something.

But do not tell them all your plans cause you'll get turned around at the door. Unless you do decide to spend a semester in Canada and it all works out THAT way-then it's easier I guess.

Last edited by summer reign; 05-21-2015 at 05:43 PM..

Old 05-21-2015, 05:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,715,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
I don't think not having a degree is that much a deal breaker. Same how people come into America without a degree or an ID, even with America's tougher immigration laws.
Actually I did read that photographers (my profession) are eligible to immigrate to Canada. I wonder how strict the circumstances are though.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by field l0ver View Post
yea...I mean I'm only about 20 minutes or less from the border, so I'll probably give it a run and see how it goes. Time to research desirable canadian towns
Until you give this course of action a trial run i;m not sure theres much more advice we can give you.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:01 AM

48 posts, read 37,991 times
yea I'm probably gonna study up this weekend like summer reign suggested and then I'll go from there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or