Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 10:37 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,787,774 times

Advertisements

I'm very happily using my brand new Keurig coffee brewer that my mom bought me when she visited recently. After enjoying one cup of my favorite toasted hazelnut coffee, I'm devastated to learn that the Tim Horton's pods I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond (miss my Timmie's here in beautiful Tennessee) won't work in the Keurig. WTH?Just thought y'all might want to hear that...

Can you guys get Tim Horton's for the Keurig in Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 10:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm very happily using my brand new Keurig coffee brewer that my mom bought me when she visited recently. After enjoying one cup of my favorite toasted hazelnut coffee, I'm devastated to learn that the Tim Horton's pods I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond (miss my Timmie's here in beautiful Tennessee) won't work in the Keurig. WTH?Just thought y'all might want to hear that...

Can you guys get Tim Horton's for the Keurig in Canada?
Negative... it seems Timmies has snubbed Kuerig in favor of Tassimos, you could write em an email asking why or if they have future plans for compatibility with Keurig, i personally suspect the problem is with Keurig and its company copyright policies rather than with Timmies.
Tim Hortons Shop

Your closest Timmies location is in Ashland Kentucky a mere 5 hour drive away

PS a second look at that link says timmies coffee is only incompatible with certain kuerig coffee machines.if you got a Keurig® K-CUP® machine you're good to go..

Last edited by jambo101; 05-31-2015 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-31-2015, 10:59 AM

3,394 posts, read 5,505,040 times
I hate these things (either Keurig or Tassimo) so much. I can't think of something more unabashedly wasteful. Everytime you want a single cup of coffee at home you produce garbage.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:00 AM

15,109 posts, read 15,717,413 times
I think Keurig is much bigger in the U.S than in Canada.. This first became evident to me when I was at a Macy's store in Pittsburgh 3 years ago and it had Keurigs out the yinyang with no less than 1.5 billion different flavours and on prominent display.. There were only a few Tassimo's.... Tassimo was bigger up here but I don't think either Tassimo or Keurig have gained as much traction (Not in the GTA anyway) as Keurig has in the U.S..

I could be wrong but this is my observation.. As for me - I got a Tassimo for Christmas 2 years ago (didn't ask for it but graciously accepted it) and its gather dust under my cupboard.. I brew my own - actually i'm getting a headache gotta get me some brew...

Sorry NDG about the Keurig situation... Next time you come up let me know and i'll clean off the Tassimo and give it to ya and than you could head to Timmy's and stock up on T-Disks

Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Negative... it seems Timmies has snubbed Kuerig in favor of Tassimos, you could write em an email asking why or if they have future plans for compatibility with Keurig, i personally suspect the problem is with Keurig and its company copyright policies rather than with Timmies.
Tim Hortons Shop

Your closest Timmies location is in Ashland Kentucky a mere 5 hour drive away

PS a second look at that link says timmies coffee is only incompatible with certain kuerig coffee machines.if you got a Keurig® K-CUP® machine you're good to go..
You're probably right about Keurig being the problem, jambo. And, believe me, I googled the location of the nearest Timmie's as soon as we got to TN.

Timmie's is all over Michigan, Ohio, and NY state, and they've moved as far south as Kentucky. But there's not one in TN.

I'd also like to know when Harveys will make its entrance into the US market, because I really think they could make some headway.

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-31-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I hate these things (either Keurig or Tassimo) so much. I can't think of something more unabashedly wasteful. Everytime you want a single cup of coffee at home you produce garbage.
Aw, man. Now you're making me feel guity. I just want to enjoy my coffee, Jesse.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:24 AM

3,394 posts, read 5,505,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Aw, man. Now you're making me feel guity. I just want to enjoy my coffee, Jesse.
Haha. My mom has one, but I got an espresso machine awhile ago which I also sometimes use with normal coffee beans, but perhaps ground up a little finer. I find straight filtered coffee too watery now, but you could also control the strength of brew with a decent espresso machine. Plus a 250g bag of ground coffee/espresso seems to last forever.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I think Keurig is much bigger in the U.S than in Canada.. This first became evident to me when I was at a Macy's store in Pittsburgh 3 years ago and it had Keurigs out the yinyang with no less than 1.5 billion different flavours and on prominent display.. There were only a few Tassimo's.... Tassimo was bigger up here but I don't think either Tassimo or Keurig have gained as much traction (Not in the GTA anyway) as Keurig has in the U.S..

I could be wrong but this is my observation.. As for me - I got a Tassimo for Christmas 2 years ago (didn't ask for it but graciously accepted it) and its gather dust under my cupboard.. I brew my own - actually i'm getting a headache gotta get me some brew...

Sorry NDG about the Keurig situation... Next time you come up let me know and i'll clean off the Tassimo and give it to ya and than you could head to Timmy's and stock up on T-Disks
Oh, I didn't know that. I looked at the Tassimo, too, and I liked it. Maybe I should have gotten one of those. Oh, well. Thank you for the offer, but I'd be grateful for a good, hot cup of Timmie's and a burger from Harvey's.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 PM

14,642 posts, read 14,734,000 times
OMG. The horror.

LOL. I guess this is a 1st World problem.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:58 PM

15,109 posts, read 15,717,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
OMG. The horror.

LOL. I guess this is a 1st World problem.

LOL I know eh Zoisite..... I have to admit to a bit of an inferiority complex re choice of Keurig flavours in the U.S vs Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada