U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,170,425 times
Reputation: 3738

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I make general assumptions for the wider population....in other words the law of averages...and you have already agreed with me so....

Going back on topic, I hope the OP now realizes the difference between Canadian seniors in the US for the winter and real immigration..two totally different aspects.
Is that how you rationalize some of your underhanded and generalized comments/assumptions...Anyway, i'll go with your flow here and if we are to use the laws of averages for most Canadian seniors than, most of them don't spend prolonged periods of time in the U.S or warmer locales anyway, nor are they classified as living the snowbird life...

https://www.westerndirect.ca/learnin...-are-living-it-

Last edited by fusion2; 06-04-2015 at 07:42 PM..

 
Old 06-04-2015, 07:56 PM
 
3,751 posts, read 3,730,411 times
Reputation: 3526
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

Nobody stops you to spend 6 months out of the year in Abbotsford, you can go right now if you want but you cannot work and you are not entitled to health insurance exactly like any Canadian snowbird in the US......what practical advantage you would have compared to moving to a similar location in Washington state it's another story....
Washington state isn't exactly the same (different culture IMO despite people's insistence to the contrary). But I see what you're saying. I think spending 6 months in Canada only makes sense if you have a ton of money saved up, you work seasonally in America or you work online/live off of investments. Otherwise the border guards probably won't even give you permission to stay that long.
 
Old 06-04-2015, 10:32 PM
 
1,317 posts, read 2,037,422 times
Reputation: 1132
You guys just love getting trolled, don't you?
 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️
7,313 posts, read 6,621,532 times
Reputation: 14356
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
You guys just love getting trolled, don't you?
LOL.

Either Abootsford went right over some people's heads or else they're just so totally bored and need something (anything) to talk about that they're willing to overlook that the aboot troll snagged them again.

I think the aboot troll must be splitting a gut from laughing so hard because the Canada forum members are so easy to bait.

.
 
Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 AM
 
34,473 posts, read 41,589,827 times
Reputation: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
You guys just love getting trolled, don't you?
At this point i'll give the op the benefit of the doubt as he hasnt played his troll cards yet, also like every one else here i aint got nothing better to do anyway so playing along is a rather harmless pastime and who knows perhaps we can convince some of these recurring under bridge dwellers that CD forums can be a very good forum to participate in if you can keep it respectful and courteous .

Again if this whole topic isnt just based on opinion i'll ask the op which aspect of the immigration process are you getting hung up on.?http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ As 250,000 immigrants are allowed into Canada every year=http://vscouncil.ca/how-many-people-...da-every-year/

Last edited by jambo101; 06-05-2015 at 12:48 AM..
 
Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 AM
 
3,156 posts, read 2,079,155 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Is that how you rationalize some of your underhanded and generalized comments/assumptions...Anyway, i'll go with your flow here and if we are to use the laws of averages for most Canadian seniors than, most of them don't spend prolonged periods of time in the U.S or warmer locales anyway, nor are they classified as living the snowbird life...

https://www.westerndirect.ca/learnin...-are-living-it-

I do not understand what your point is....did I ever say that every year there is a biblical emigration of Canadian seniors down to the US??


According to that poll you posted, a bit over 25% of soon to be retired Canadians plan to move to a warmer destination...that is a fairly good chunk....
 
Old 06-05-2015, 01:47 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,699 posts, read 8,509,065 times
Reputation: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
At this point i'll give the op the benefit of the doubt as he hasnt played his troll cards yet, also like every one else here i aint got nothing better to do anyway so playing along is a rather harmless pastime and who knows perhaps we can convince some of these recurring under bridge dwellers that CD forums can be a very good forum to participate in if you can keep it respectful and courteous .

Again if this whole topic isnt just based on opinion i'll ask the op which aspect of the immigration process are you getting hung up on.?Citizenship and Immigration Canada As 250,000 immigrants are allowed into Canada every year=How Many People Immigrate to Canada Every Year? | VS Council – Specialists in statistics and family records
Don't give the benefit of the doubt, Abootsford was too obvious, with no posting history, it is very clearly him. Yeah, he got us.
 
Old 06-05-2015, 02:30 AM
 
34,473 posts, read 41,589,827 times
Reputation: 29943
I guess the only way to combat this recurring poster is to not respond instead just use the red triangle to report.,however no forum rules were broken in the original post, Also if the poster is the recurring irritant the problem is before you know it a dozen or so posters have responded and it becomes a debatable topic.
 
Old 06-05-2015, 04:07 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
6,531 posts, read 7,487,675 times
Reputation: 10944
This topic comes up a lot, for people on both sides of the border wishing to try life on the other side of the border. In my opinion there should be preference for Canadians to immigrate to the US, and vice versa. Europeans now have this luxury with the EU, and the nations of Europe are much more different from one another than is Canada and the US. This is a freedom North Americans should have IMO. This could even include Mexico in the future if they can deal with some of their problems ( which they eventually will). I cannot think of any good reason things should remain as they are, the OP is right it is almost impossible to move over that border, either way.
 
Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,607 posts, read 11,109,331 times
Reputation: 10329
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This topic comes up a lot, for people on both sides of the border wishing to try life on the other side of the border. In my opinion there should be preference for Canadians to immigrate to the US, and vice versa. Europeans now have this luxury with the EU, and the nations of Europe are much more different from one another than is Canada and the US. This is a freedom North Americans should have IMO. This could even include Mexico in the future if they can deal with some of their problems ( which they eventually will). I cannot think of any good reason things should remain as they are, the OP is right it is almost impossible to move over that border, either way.
Because we have a North American free trade agreement. Whatever you do for Canadia you have to do for Mexico. That and the 'Merkins don't want those dirty 'Messicans coming in and using up all their freedom, and taking away jobs they'd never wish on their worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top