U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 670 times

Advertisements

Hi, I own a legal green card and am a permanent resident of the US. I recently applied for citizenship for the US, and sent in my green card, signed some papers, etc a few months ago. It's been months and I still haven't received any of my stuff back. I was planning on visiting Canada next week but I learned that you have to have a green card to get across the border. I do have a green card, it's just not physically with me I have my passport. What do I specifically need getting in and out of Canada? Is there anything that I can do? Any exceptions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 03:35 PM

34,445 posts, read 41,547,959 times
I guess if through your research you've found you need a green card to return to the USA after a visit to Canada then your trip to Canada will have to be postponed until such time as your green card is returned,although i would have thought your American passport and a drivers license would have sufficed as id for crossing the border.
When you received your green card was there no other supporting documentation that came with it?

Welcome to the foum dontkno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or