U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 04:25 PM

2,792 posts, read 2,281,994 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if you only had about 3 days from an 8 hour drive to visit both places during July 4th weekend, how would you do it? Would you spend all days in one place over another or stay in one place longer than the other? Obviously it would be very pretty to see July 4th over Niagara Falls. I'm just wondering if there's enough to do there to stay there for 2 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 04:58 PM

632 posts, read 684,035 times
There's more to see and do in Toronto. You'll need more time there. You can see Niagara Falls in a day, or half a day. I guess it depends on which specific days you'll be in this area. July 4th at the falls is nice. A few days earlier you could celebrate Canada Day in either city. Niagara Falls hotels and parking will be cheaper than Toronto.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:21 PM

2,792 posts, read 2,281,994 times
Hmm well my drive will be 8 hours so even if I take all of July 2nd off and drive over there on July 1st, I will get there about 1AM and I don't want to take 2 days off.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 PM

800 posts, read 507,525 times
Niagara is 90 min away from Toronto. You can see it all in 1 day. Unless you like gambling then you can be there for longer. Niagara main appeal for people from Toronto is its farther away. So you will meet Ppl that aren't close to you so you don't gotta worry about who you hook up with and people finding out about it. There are brothels and stuff if that's what your into. But this won't matter to you. Because you are an out of towner anyway. You can do all that lush more in toronto. But Niagara is breathtaking view. I just seen it a lot and Niagara is a small city with not much to do.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:26 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,176,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Niagara is 90 min away from Toronto. You can see it all in 1 day. Unless you like gambling then you can be there for longer. Niagara main appeal for people from Toronto is its farther away. So you will meet Ppl that aren't close to you so you don't gotta worry about who you hook up with and people finding out about it. There are brothels and stuff if that's what your into. But this won't matter to you. Because you are an out of towner anyway. You can do all that lush more in toronto. But Niagara is breathtaking view. I just seen it a lot and Niagara is a small city with not much to do.
whaaaaaaatttt

Old 06-20-2015, 10:31 PM

632 posts, read 684,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post

http://i57.tinypic.com/v2r907.jpg

Old 06-20-2015, 10:38 PM

800 posts, read 507,525 times
Lol. Seriously? You never went to Niagara to do that stuff? I kind of always thought it was a microcosm of vegas.

Or maybe I just go looking for that stuff. I'm not into brothels though. Or massage therapist. Lol. But yeah from what I heard those are definite brothels.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:18 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,130,951 times
how the heck did we get from Toronto and Niagara Falls and than into brothels..... A first for everything I guess..

To the OP, assuming you're not into brothels and sex tourism - 1 day in N.F falls (seeing the falls of course but that takes about a few hours) and surrounding areas is fine.. Clifton Hill is worth a stroll just for S and G's but I wouldn't spend a full day in N.F's more like 3-4 hours. The rest of the day might be worth it to check out the town of Niagara on the lake (very close to N.F's) the only place in Canada with a Lord Mayor btw... Just google search and read up its really a charming town and there are some vineries for wine tasting close by if you're into that.

https://www.niagaraonthelake.com/

You could spend the first day in the Niagara region and sleep over in a BnB in Niagara on the lake and than head to Toronto for two days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or