U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 02:20 PM

22,114 posts, read 27,569,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yes I know that. Why does that make a difference. Cripes, what is it with all of you?
Who is this collective ''all of you'' that you are addressing, exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 03:07 PM

8,639 posts, read 11,163,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Old 08-05-2015, 03:59 PM

18,430 posts, read 10,490,889 times
Quote:
The ones who keep coming back with the "but, but I'm not a separatist nor do I live in Quebec so I have license to offer up an opinion without it being subject to challenge". All those ones.

or it could be all of these:

Old 08-05-2015, 05:27 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,868,250 times
Quote:
I was actually pretty proud of that one-liner!
Made me laugh

Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM

419 posts, read 278,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its your cultural integrity on display here, just reading on this forum its quite obvious that francophones have major cultural paranoia with Anglophones dont identify with the country of Canada yet wont consider leaving Canada to form their own country because they are too comfortable with the financial security Canada has to offer. Yeah Quebec has a good thing going kinda like living at home with Mom and Dad.
You sound frustrated about all of this. Too bad that white anglo privilege is gone, unlike the good ol' days where you any anglo Canadian could command someone to "speak white". I think you know we have all considered leaving Canada to form our own independent state but that is always an option. There is no reason to rush to independence at the moment. I suggest that if you are this unhappy in Quebec you should leave. Things in Quebec are only becoming more and more Quebecois rather than anglo Canadian and it might be time to come to terms with the fact that those days are never coming back.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:34 AM

46 posts, read 28,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBeauchamp View Post
You sound frustrated about all of this. Too bad that white anglo privilege is gone, unlike the good ol' days where you any anglo Canadian could command someone to "speak white". I think you know we have all considered leaving Canada to form our own independent state but that is always an option. There is no reason to rush to independence at the moment. I suggest that if you are this unhappy in Quebec you should leave. Things in Quebec are only becoming more and more Quebecois rather than anglo Canadian and it might be time to come to terms with the fact that those days are never coming back.
Oh please...this guy jambo101 prefers to push anglicize Quebec so that he can get the royal treatment and you want to rationalize with him? Don't bother with it. Do we really need people like that getting anymore attention than they already get? No, no not at all.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:42 PM

18,430 posts, read 10,490,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
Oh please...this guy jambo101 prefers to push anglicize Quebec so that he can get the royal treatment and you want to rationalize with him? Don't bother with it. Do we really need people like that getting anymore attention than they already get? No, no not at all.
Oh brother!

Talk about deflection; you just attempted the mother of them all. A 180 degree deflection is rare but accomplished relatively easily if you use a mirror.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:15 PM

237 posts, read 187,206 times
Quote:
That seems to be the case. Quebec has it's haters but they for some reason live here and want to milk Quebec for its worth. *cough* jambo *cough*

Old 08-15-2015, 03:33 AM

34,622 posts, read 41,802,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
That seems to be the case. Quebec has it's haters but they for some reason live here and want to milk Quebec for its worth. *cough* jambo *cough*
Ah yes the usual Anglophobic snide comment, victim mentality and superiority complex all rolled into one.
If you had understood a word i've said in my posts over the years youd know i have no problem with the general francophone population of Quebec but only with Anglophobes like yourself and a Quebec government obsessed with passing evermore linguistic rules and regulations aimed at the eradication of my Anglo culture.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:41 AM

34,622 posts, read 41,802,661 times
Quote:
And here you have the classic example of the attitude that wants all Anglos out of Quebec.
Do we really need people who may protest against Quebecs draconian language laws? nah lets get rid of em all eh!..
Not to worry No Manners Quebecs mission is close to a successful completion as i seem to be the only Quebec Anglo left who has a problem with Quebecs excessive language laws.Any other Quebec Anglos on this board either arent troubled with Quebec language laws or they have been so totally assimilated that they now consider themselves francophones.

Last edited by jambo101; 08-15-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or