Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
It's possible to learn things in school, only to forget it over time, especially if the person never had much of an interest in the subject to begin with. Like me and math for example.... It was always a hate-hate relationship.
I'm with you on math. Hated it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
BOOOOO

Its the most perfect language in the Universe/multiverse....

Old 06-25-2015, 11:59 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
As a general comment, I'd say that based on what I've been told incessantly on this forum, Canadians apparently know their country and its various regions extremely well.

So the entire premise of the last bunch of posts on this thread seems bizarre.

Since Canadians who are ignorant about the other end of the country should be very few and far between.

Right, guys?
Right. I have yet to meet any Canadians who don't have a fairly good knowledge of the land. Yes there are some that hold onto stereotypes, and I think we can all say that we have been victims of that.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:01 PM

909 posts, read 1,152,959 times
Quote:
Same. So happy I'm done with it this semester.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:38 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,696,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What level of knowledge should the ordinary Ontarian or any other Canadian for that matter have of British Columbia to placate your need that they know the details of British Columbia to the point where you feel you are not being slighted by their lack of knowledge ?
Should all this info be committed to the memory of every Canadian?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia
And should we commit to memory an equal amount of Data for each and every province lest we be accused in a negative way of not being interested in our country?
That would be a start.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,951,465 times
Ontarians have boards up their butts when it comes to people from Western Canada. It's like being around pretenders who don't really know what they're supposed to be pretending.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:40 AM

32 posts, read 36,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Ontarians have boards up their butts when it comes to people from Western Canada. It's like being around pretenders who don't really know what they're supposed to be pretending.
All Ontarians do? Every one of us?

Old 06-26-2015, 05:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
That would be a start.
And what would be the point of committing that amount of minutia to memory?
Why would i instantly need to know BCs
Motto
Flower
Tree
Bird
In fact can you instantly name the motto, Flower ,Tree, Bird of every province and if not why not?

Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmarket Paul View Post
All Ontarians do? Every one of us?
Oddly enough it usually isn't Ontarians in these forums making silly generalizations about other places... Or maybe we do and we are just 'pretending' we don't

Quote:
Right. I have yet to meet any Canadians who don't have a fairly good knowledge of the land. Yes there are some that hold onto stereotypes, and I think we can all say that we have been victims of that.
Agreed - like saying people from an entire Province have a bunch of boards up their butts (whatever the heck that is and which type of board - skateboard, ironing board, surf board) and that everyone in said province are pretenders (whatever the heck that means lol).

Last edited by fusion2; 06-26-2015 at 08:52 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,696,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And what would be the point of committing that amount of minutia to memory?
Why would i instantly need to know BCs
Motto
Flower
Tree
Bird
In fact can you instantly name the motto, Flower ,Tree, Bird of every province and if not why not?
I knew the capital cities and location of every country in the world when I was in elementary school since I liked to read atlases. I also of course knew most major facts about Canadian provinces and US states.It's how I was able to connect with people from other places and befriend them. If you show an interest in where people are from if they are new to an area, it helps them to feel welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada