U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM

34,582 posts, read 41,760,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
Luckily you are going to vote PKP, hopefully he can implement some of his business prowess to restore Quebec's economy and also achieve sovereignty. We can kill two birds with one stone.
While i would like nothing better than to see Quebec have amicable relations between francophone and Anglophone and have Quebec respect the two cultures that define Quebec it aint working out that way as more linguistic rules and regulations are implemented to marginalize the Anglo culture,more Anglophobia and this prevailing nonsense that the 8% remaining Anglo demographic want the francophone to bow down and worship the Anglos.and also this absurd idea that Quebec supporting the Anglophone infrastructure is dragging the Quebec economy down.
Seems to me francophones arent happy with their place in Canada so i figure i'll just help them along in their efforts to rid themselves of the heavy burden they have to constantly endure which is basically sharing the country of Canada with those dastardly Anglphones, by voting PKP and the PQ i'm hoping they will ultimately gain their own Quebecois country of Quebec where they can then be eternally happy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 11:18 AM

41 posts, read 26,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Seems to me francophones arent happy with their place in Canada so i figure i'll just help them along in their efforts to rid themselves of the heavy burden they have to constantly endure which is basically sharing the country of Canada with those dastardly Anglphones, by voting PKP and the PQ i'm hoping they will ultimately gain their own Quebecois country of Quebec where they can then be eternally happy..
I am one who will vote for PKP (and separation from Canada) but it isn't to spite anglophones. I am neutral towards Canada. I support independence because it is the most logical next step for Quebec. We should have done it long ago.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Manners View Post
I am one who will vote for PKP (and separation from Canada) but it isn't to spite anglophones. I am neutral towards Canada. I support independence because it is the most logical next step for Quebec. We should have done it long ago.
My opinions on Quebec separation have nothing to do with spiting francophones its just the logical course of action to take when Quebec has transformed itself into a country within a country with some of its residents being at best neutral on being Canadian,if there are proud patriotic French Canadians i've never heard them express themselves,however there are many quick to express their love for the province of Quebec.
If there are any French Canadians out there who are proud to be Canadian,nows your chance to speak up.,

Old 08-09-2015, 06:20 AM

22,054 posts, read 27,538,267 times
Quote:
,if there are proud patriotic French Canadians i've never heard them express themselves,however there are many quick to express their love for the province of Quebec.
If there are any French Canadians out there who are proud to be Canadian,nows your chance to speak up.,
This statement seems to be in contradiction with post 22 here:

If Anglo-Quebecers are an oppressed people, why doesn't the Canadian government and the rest of Canada help them?

Old 08-09-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You'll have to point out this contradiction as i'm not seeing it, then once we've dealt with that deflection you can tell us what a proud Canadian you are.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
You'll have to point out this contradiction as i'm not seeing it, .

I knew you would come back and ask for proof. That's so ''you''!

This line contradicts your constant insinuations that there are almost no francophones who are pleasant with anglos and who have any Canadian identity at all:

those that get along with Anglos and give no negative thought to being Canadian.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
, then once we've dealt with that deflection you can tell us what a proud Canadian you are.
My level of Canadian pride is my business and no one else's. There is no required threshold that must be met.

This applies to me and anyone else.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:38 AM

Jambo, you often criticize Americans for extreme and intolerant political views but the way you try to pigeonhole people in order to squeeze your desired level of Canadian pride and love out of them is precisely the type of thing that many Canadians criticize about the U.S.

Isn't it ironic?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:30 AM

18,424 posts, read 10,476,803 times
A/J why would you think it is so difficult for all on here to differentiate between those French speaking Canadians who are determined and declared separatists, those who are able and desire to disguise themselves, and those who are merely ambivalent, from those who are proud to be Canadians first and French speaking Quebecers second?

I have no problem attributing that capability to Jambo.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
My level of Canadian pride is my business and no one else's. There is no required threshold that must be met.

This applies to me and anyone else.
Canada is your country,your homeland and is the home of your culture, Are you embarrassed to express that pride?do you feel ashamed when asked to express your pride of country?Maybe thats the source of some of our differing viewpoints AJ while IMO its an honor to be allowed to express my pride in my country for you its something private to be hidden away or not commented on at all.Canada is a great country and i'm proud to be a citizen of it.

Last edited by jambo101; 08-09-2015 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or