U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 AM

21,937 posts, read 27,320,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Chevy: I bet that would be a hoot with first hole deciding which iconic "chevy" most influenced following generations; 57 shoebox, 61 Impala, 69 Camaro........ then on to the second hole and 265, 283, 327, 348, 350, 396, 402, 409.........427.....?

We might use more than a few holes for all that chev stuff but .....after using a few more to resolve the Quebec conundrum for perpetuity, we then reserve back nine for the conundrum of how to force accountability to the senate and still entice premium experience to run for the elected body of the future, if indeed we agree even retaining a senate is still a worthwhile endeavour?

Or maybe,........ we could just giggle at each other's game and drink beer??

Ooooops; almost forgot, a "T" box discussion, while waiting for a clear fairway, should involve a chat about all those Cajun's desiring to regain Acadian citizenship....er, shouldn't it?
Don't forget how to purge the alleged "aboot" from the English Canadian accent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 11:46 AM

18,262 posts, read 10,360,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Don't forget how to purge the alleged "aboot" from the English Canadian accent!
Aaah; and perhaps also discuss a treatment protocol for the, also alleged, Canadian Inferiority Complex epidemic.

What say Chevy? Think 18 holes would be enough? Or should we just skip the golf and go for the beer and ribs instead?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:24 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,748,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah; and perhaps also discuss a treatment protocol for the, also alleged, Canadian Inferiority Complex epidemic.

What say Chevy? Think 18 holes would be enough? Or should we just skip the golf and go for the beer and ribs instead?
Well, let's play 18, then go for beer and ribs; and if we haven't solved all the issues by then--we'll do the same the next day!

Old 07-19-2015, 04:03 AM

6,507 posts, read 7,452,949 times
The Cajuns are as much part of that Louisiana swamp as the gators are. I doubt any of them would leave.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:20 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,267,628 times
Given the life style in the south, not many Cajuns would be able to adapt to life in New Brunswick.

Jim B.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:17 PM

12 posts, read 10,366 times
I believe there are plenty who would love to live in the maritimes, myself included. At the very least, dual citizenship would be nice, as my ancestors were forcibly exiled and whatnot. At least we finally got the English government to apologize. Only took them a couple hundred years or so. Additionally, it was mentioned above that our French has changed over time. I believe you would find quite the opposite. Standard and Québécois French have changed over time. Ours is actually rather archaic.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 PM

225 posts, read 147,506 times
Well, this region needs people. Unemployment isn't the problem there's actually open jobs and no people. Mostly in agriculture and technology though.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 10,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Well, this region needs people. Unemployment isn't the problem there's actually open jobs and no people. Mostly in agriculture and technology though.
You may wish to tell the government you need people, as I don't believe they've gotten the memo. XD I've been looking into immigrating to either Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, but dear lord do they make it a pain. Even with an education in a field they actually seem to be interested in, there aren't really any shortcuts, expelled Acadian or no. One has to take a test to prove their English-speaking abilities (regardless of first language or country of origin), and that costs a couple hundred dollars. Then you have to have a sponsor in case you fail financially, it appears. The list just goes on. It makes me feel less negatively toward Latin Americans just popping into the U.S. without bothering with Immigration.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:49 PM

225 posts, read 147,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomgLeslie View Post
You may wish to tell the government you need people, as I don't believe they've gotten the memo. XD I've been looking into immigrating to either Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, but dear lord do they make it a pain. Even with an education in a field they actually seem to be interested in, there aren't really any shortcuts, expelled Acadian or no. One has to take a test to prove their English-speaking abilities (regardless of first language or country of origin), and that costs a couple hundred dollars. Then you have to have a sponsor in case you fail financially, it appears. The list just goes on. It makes me feel less negatively toward Latin Americans just popping into the U.S. without bothering with Immigration.
Apply for a job. If you land a job then you can get in.

If you wok in IT you could get on Prince Edward Island pretty quick for sure.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:59 PM

3,431 posts, read 3,043,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Sort of an out there thing I have been wondering for a while. Since their ancestors were expelled from from the lands that became Canada should they be allowed to claim Canadian citizenship or some sort of long term work visa?
No. "Canada" didn't exist at the time that they were expelled from the area that's now New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia and Maine. They were residents of a British colonial territory, and however unjust or unethical the situation may be perceived to be, the British had a legal right to expel them.

Maybe they could return to Maine if they wanted. No legal hassle, and parts of it were part of the original "Acadia".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or