Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I will start packing if NDP starts to "run the show".
No matter how bad the conservatives are, they still live in reality; the NDP on the other hand live in the sky. What they can come up with is always more taxes. People should realize making $$$ money (not that I do) is not a sin, being dependend is.
Is that a promise? Will the guy who CHOSE to live in Canada and constantly complain about it leave?

Will the guy who slams unions and calls them " the cancer of Canada " but actually belongs to one and accepts all the benefits he receives, leave?

Will the guy who proudly states people should always stand on their own and would like to see Universal Healthcare privatized, but still won't pay out of his own pocket what his medical would cost, leave?

Will the guy who has seen 3 percent of the country, but talks like he knows every square kilometre, leave?

I guess it would be easier to have just asked, will Botti the hypocrite, leave?

As for the Cons living in reality, give your head a shake. Harper has the WORST economic record of any PM since World War 2.

We are broker now, have a bigger deficit, are selling off the country bit by bit. He is a freaking dinosaur from the 19th century who believe big oil should be our main focus, while the rest of the world is laughing at us.

His anti-democratic omnibus bills are filled with cuts and future constitutional challenges.

The only PM in the commonwealth who has been found in contempt of parliament.

His distain for the Supreme Court should scare the pants off of any democratic loving person.

Reality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Actually, while I am no fan of any political party, the Conservatives have worked tirelessly to oppress science, journalists, and critics, muzzling those who might say something that their ideology and/or base does not want to hear.

So I think the only version of "reality" they are interested in is their own sense of it.
Even Conservatives are concerned.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:09 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
The NDP has never formed federal cabinet in the history of Canada, so how would you know what they will actually do when they are in power? Yes, Conservatives live in an energy-orgasm reality where Brent and WTI crude consistently stay at $100+ per barrel regardless of global demand. Very realistic policies indeed.

And Botti, given your massive laundry list of grievances, complaints, and random outbursts of rage that you have against Canada, I think it's a good idea to start packing now anyway, regardless of who wins the election in October. Just some practical advice.
Ok - don't hold anything in here lol...

Old 08-07-2015, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,755 times
So what you're saying is this is going to be your last post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Actually, while I am no fan of any political party, the Conservatives have worked tirelessly to oppress science, journalists, and critics, muzzling those who might say something that their ideology and/or base does not want to hear.

So I think the only version of "reality" they are interested in is their own sense of it.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Is that a promise? Will the guy who CHOSE to live in Canada and constantly complain about it leave?

Will the guy who slams unions and calls them " the cancer of Canada " but actually belongs to one and accepts all the benefits he receives, leave?

Will the guy who proudly states people should always stand on their own and would like to see Universal Healthcare privatized, but still won't pay out of his own pocket what his medical would cost, leave?

Will the guy who has seen 3 percent of the country, but talks like he knows every square kilometre, leave?

As for the Cons living in reality, give your head a shake. Harper has the WORST economic record of any PM since World War 2.

We are broker now, have a bigger deficit, are selling off the country bit by bit. He is a freaking dinosaur from the 19th century who believe big oil should be our main focus, while the rest of the world is laughing at us.

His anti-democratic omnibus bills are filled with cuts and future constitutional challenges.

His distain for the Supreme Court should scare the pants off of any democratic loving person.

Reality?
Any response to this yet.....

Old 08-09-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Any response to this yet.....
As you can see, no.

He caught me on a bad day LOL.

I try not to be so mean.....well mostly.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
As you can see, no.

He caught me on a bad day LOL.

I try not to be so mean.....well mostly.
Sometimes being blunt and honest is necessary.. Its sort of not considered the Canadian way but yeah - sometimes necessary!

Old 08-10-2015, 07:57 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Why would I promise anything? Funny you can't understand and tolerate that millions if not billions of people live in places they complain about. Go to any city forum, actually, people complain, and your national pride is just so fragile that you can't bear others complain about Canada (or Vancouver often, which probably hurt your feelings more)?

Quote:
Yes, unions are the cancer of Canada. It is absolutely the worst thing about the Canadian economy. Unions should all be destroyed at least the public sector, where the kind of pay, benefit and job security is outrageously unfair. it is sad that you don't get that.

Quote:
Quote where I proposed to privatize the healthcare system. I mentioned a few times that private hospitals should be allowed and encouraged. If rich people want to pay 3X more to get better treatment, there is nothing "unfair" about that. Yet the poor seems to hold this grudge that while they can't prevent rich and more successful people to buy better stuff, at least they get the same medical treatment like everyone else. It is pitiful.

Quote:
See 3% of the country? Humm, maybe in terms of land? What's to see in all those territories? The Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa areas alone account for 40% of Canada's population and economy. Plus since when I talk as if I knew everything? Yes, I criticize, so do you.

Quote:
Keep asking. The decision is up to me and only to me. I have every right to stay or leave just like you. whatever you say isn't gonna vex me or anything.

Quote:

Reality?
Well, of course the conservative has its faults and I mentioned more than a few times that I hated its laughably self-important foreign policy and the G20 farce.

But do you honest think the NDP or the liberal will do a better job in growing the economy? What's wrong with cuts? Yes, it certainly hurt some people, but this country has an external debt of 90% of GDP. Ask yourself, if you owed someone 90% of your combined family income, what would you do? Don't you cut spending? Or you will keep buying stuff for whatever each of your family member thinks they deserve to make them happy?

OK, you don't agree with the current economic policy, fair enough. Tell me what we should do. What great plan the liberals and NPD proposed? I don't see any. Of course they say some dubious plans like creating jobs etc, but how? Every single country wants to create jobs, but in what way, in what industry, by what policy? They do not say, do they? because they have no idea. Just talk cheap and get the votes first. Do we really want to compete with low cost country in manufacturing T-shirts, plastic cups and Ikea furniture (unfortunately you love unions which will kill the plan instantly)? Or do you want to compete with the silicon valley giants (sadly no country seems to be able to do that, even Japan or Korea, where working 12 hours a day is normal). Keep making cars for GM and Ford? Good luck with that. Or do you propose we close our door and not anything "cheap crap" in so that our workers can keep their uncompetitive jobs? Admit it or not, a major reason Canada enjoys its high quality of life is because we sit on a huge pile of natural resources which countries like China, India or Japan need to spend big bucks to buy every year just to keep the economy going, not because Canada is highly productive, innovative or anything. If Canada has the same resources as Japan, guess how rich you and me will be?

spare me this overly dramatic "selling this country bit by bit" rhetoric. Canada sold what? a few oil companies? Does that really scare or anger you that much? Countries buy and sell companies all the time, and do you know the combine oil reserve of those companies as a percentage of Canada's total? Please do some math before all this complaint (which you hate me for doing). You seem to fail to understand that selling resources and raw materials is simply a normal part of trade and economic activity. Canada sells like 100% of its export oil to the US, did you complain about that? Should we just keep everything to ourselves? Or you are talking about foreigners buying Canadians houses, don't Canadians do the same in Florida etc? It is called the free market. If you don't like it, may I suggest YOU move somewhere where it is forbidden for foreigners to buy houses?

Yeah, I complain. I am a hater. You are all world loving Jesus.

PS: if you find me annoying, feel free to put me on the ignore list. I did that to plenty of CD members here, to whom I don't rely to any more.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:48 PM

So Harper wants to outlaw travel to certain 'declared areas' that are ground zero for terrorism..

Canada election 2015: Tories propose ban on travel to terrorist hotspots - Politics - CBC News

He does state the following

"We are talking about the most dangerous places on earth, where governance is nonexistent and violence is widespread and brutal."

I have concerns about the power this government would have to declare an area as being outlawed for travel.. For now its hotbeds for terrorism but will it end there... Not liking this slippery slope....

Old 08-10-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Yeah, I complain. I am a hater. You are all world loving Jesus.
Well you do complain a lot lol (no need to get fictitious religious characters involved here)- especially for someone who is a civil servant.. Its almost funny to watch you complain so much about your employer and the public sector. Why don't you just get a private sector job like BK and myself - maybe you'll be happier.

Last edited by fusion2; 08-10-2015 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada