U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:47 AM

34,411 posts, read 41,518,327 times

Advertisements

I find Tims coffee ok, i really like their soups and sandwiches.

Sandwiches and Hot Bowls | Tim Hortons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
I don't quite get the fascination with Tim Horton's. I guess their branding is spot on because lord god does their coffee ever suck.
That being the case where do you go for excellent coffee.?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:04 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,151,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
I don't quite get the fascination with Tim Horton's. I guess their branding is spot on because lord god does their coffee ever suck. Maybe American coffee shops are just really really really really substandard? It can't be.

I like Tim's coffee but its certainly not great coffee compared to smaller chains even or just your local coffee house.. I prefer making my own to Tim's... With that said Zortation - I welcome you to try Dunkin Donuts coffee which is the most parallel big chain coffee comparison to Tim's - DD's is just far far poorer coffee than even Tim's.. Try DD's and let me know

Old 08-30-2015, 02:13 PM

12,697 posts, read 8,769,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I like Tim's coffee but its certainly not great coffee compared to smaller chains even or just your local coffee house.. I prefer making my own to Tim's... With that said Zortation - I welcome you to try Dunkin Donuts coffee which is the most parallel big chain coffee comparison to Tim's - DD's is just far far poorer coffee than even Tim's.. Try DD's and let me know
We don't have Dunkin Donuts here in B.C. Not sure if we ever did. I did go to one many years a go while in Montreal...but I don't recall it being good or bad.

Second Cup is another one that has never really taken off in Vancouver. In the city proper there are only two, one of which is downtown.

Speaking of home brewed coffee..I'm about to go out and by an espresso maker !

Old 08-30-2015, 06:06 PM

3,458 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Why should you ever have to pick between the two? I dont get the comparison at all. You live in Toronto man, I have to believe that there is a good local coffee shop near where you live and work? I'm never forced to buy Dunkin, ever, so I cant sympathize

Old 08-30-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
We don't have Dunkin Donuts here in B.C. Not sure if we ever did. I did go to one many years a go while in Montreal...but I don't recall it being good or bad.

Second Cup is another one that has never really taken off in Vancouver. In the city proper there are only two, one of which is downtown.

Home brewed will always be my favourite - I've perfected it exactly to how my palette likes it.. It truly is the perfect cup.. Enjoy the espresso maker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Why should you ever have to pick between the two? I dont get the comparison at all. You live in Toronto man, I have to believe that there is a good local coffee shop near where you live and work? I'm never forced to buy Dunkin, ever, so I cant sympathize
I get up as late as possible in the morning so don't have time to make coffee - i'm in the shower dress and gone and on the road to work faster than the speed of light.. At work there is self serve Tim Horton's machine in the company cafeteria (which oddly enough is better than at Tim Horton's locations) and they have the Tim's dark roast option which I prefer to Tim's original blend. Its a quick and convenient way to get my morning cup of joe and I have to say, I don't mind my morning Tim's... On the flip you will NEVER ever convince me to pay 2.04 USD for a medium DD's coffee again ever lol... The most gross watered down coffee in the entire history of coffee... Why did I get it - again a convenient drive thru on the road..

Now if its the weekend and we're DT well no - I wouldn't get a Tim's you'll catch me at Balzac's

Old 08-31-2015, 07:01 AM

3,458 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Which one did you end up getting?

Quote:
I get up as late as possible in the morning so don't have time to make coffee - i'm in the shower dress and gone and on the road to work faster than the speed of light.. At work there is self serve Tim Horton's machine in the company cafeteria (which oddly enough is better than at Tim Horton's locations) and they have the Tim's dark roast option which I prefer to Tim's original blend. Its a quick and convenient way to get my morning cup of joe and I have to say, I don't mind my morning Tim's... On the flip you will NEVER ever convince me to pay 2.04 USD for a medium DD's coffee again ever lol... The most gross watered down coffee in the entire history of coffee... Why did I get it - again a convenient drive thru on the road..

Now if its the weekend and we're DT well no - I wouldn't get a Tim's you'll catch me at Balzac's
I am sure we can all relate, people are busy and places like Tim's and DD's are convenient, especially for you as it is right at your place of employment.

I have all my coffee spots mapped out, for all my semi regular stops. I have a mental list for basically every city I live in or spend time. So its the obsessive side of me that wont allow for a Tim's or Dunks to ever touch my mouth for the remainder of my days, lol.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post

I have all my coffee spots mapped out, for all my semi regular stops. I have a mental list for basically every city I live in or spend time. So its the obsessive side of me that wont allow for a Tim's or Dunks to ever touch my mouth for the remainder of my days, lol.
Yeah if time weren't so limited on a work day and I had more choice i'd definitely be drinking a lot less Tim's.. I still won't apologize for liking it though lol... Hey, it'd be a dull world if we all like the same thing.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 AM

8,602 posts, read 11,090,954 times
Quote:

Take a long look at Nespresso. You're hooked into the pod thing, but they're fully recyclable, and I just got their baseline Inssinia machine for under $80. That buys a LOT of coffee.

The espresso is fantastic. Nice crema, it heats up in about 25 seconds, I'm a believer.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:33 AM

All you coffee aficionados make me wonder whats wrong with my usual go to cup a joe.=
http://static.approvedfood.co.uk/thu...fee_226g_2.jpg
Tablespoon in a cup of hot water and i'm totally satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada