U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Poshawa, Ontario
2,986 posts, read 3,322,654 times
Reputation: 5622

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'd bet Tim Hortons still outsells every other chain in Canada's largest city.
If it did, the lineups would be much longer than the ones you see at Starbucks.

Timmy Ho's is only popular outside large cities that have access to Starbucks and Second Cup simply because they have no competition in the small towns (yet).

 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,947 posts, read 27,360,351 times
Reputation: 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
If it did, the lineups would be much longer than the ones you see at Starbucks.

Timmy Ho's is only popular outside large cities that have access to Starbucks and Second Cup simply because they have no competition in the small towns (yet).
Tim Hortons is ''only'' popular in small towns? Yeah right.

Timmies has shorter lineups because they have way more locations...
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:28 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,268,124 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
but I'd be willing to bet large that the average die-hard Timmy Ho's fan would be hard-pressed to tell the difference between Timmy Ho's, Country Style or Dunkin' Donuts. All those watery, inoffensive brews taste pretty much identical to me.
no doubt. This is why many always choose TH because it gives the false sense of Canadian-ness rather than because of the quality. But I understand such mentality for a country that lacks much that is truly culturally unique - they desperately hold on to anything no matter what. It is like the Koreans think Kimchi is a huge deal. (sorry, can't help it).
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:28 PM
 
2,289 posts, read 1,297,269 times
Reputation: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy999 View Post

Don't forget about hongcou--- whoops I mean *vancouver" too and it's surrounding areas.
"hongcou"????
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Poshawa, Ontario
2,986 posts, read 3,322,654 times
Reputation: 5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Tim Hortons is ''only'' popular in small towns? Yeah right.

Timmies has shorter lineups because they have way more locations...
Not in downtown Toronto, they don't.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way with pointlessly arguing about the availability of a beverage you claim you don't even like nor drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
no doubt. This is why many always choose TH because it gives the false sense of Canadian-ness rather than because of the quality. But I understand such mentality for a country that lacks much that is truly culturally unique - they desperately hold on to anything no matter what.
I have often wondered if Tim Hortons would have been anywhere near as popular if it had been named after a wrestler as opposed to a hockey player.
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,947 posts, read 27,360,351 times
Reputation: 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Not in downtown Toronto, they don't.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way with pointlessly arguing about the availability of a beverage you claim you don't even like nor drink.
"We Torontonians are above X" or ''We Canadians are above X'' has to be one of the most annoying character traits.
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,947 posts, read 27,360,351 times
Reputation: 8603
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
It is like the Koreans think Kimchi is a huge deal. (sorry, can't help it).
Ohh that smell on people's breath. In the Seoul metro...
 
Old 09-17-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Poshawa, Ontario
2,986 posts, read 3,322,654 times
Reputation: 5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
"We Torontonians are above X" or ''We Canadians are above X'' has to be one of the most annoying character traits.
I never stated that Canadians are above Timmy Ho's. I merely pointed out that Tim Hortons is no where near as popular in downtown Toronto as it is in somewhere like Sudbury, and that is likely because downtown Toronto has unlimited choices for superior coffee.

However, you continue to persist that saying so is some kind of elitist statement for whatever reason, and insinuate that ALL Canadians *must* love Tim Hortons EVERYWHERE!!!! Seriously, your brand loyalty for Timmy Ho's is pretty die-hard for someone who claims that he neither likes nor drinks their coffee products.

Either that, or you just love to troll forums because you have a bug in your ass for Anglo Canada. I'm guessing it is a mix of the two, myself.
 
Old 09-17-2015, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,441,926 times
Reputation: 3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post



I have often wondered if Tim Hortons would have been anywhere near as popular if it had been named after a wrestler as opposed to a hockey player.
If it was named after Bret Hart and the logo had a maple leaf on it, It might even be more popular.
 
Old 09-17-2015, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,441,926 times
Reputation: 3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by acajack View Post
ohh that smell on people's breath. In the seoul metro...
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top