U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 04:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,462,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Half of Los Angeles or Chicago is hardly "developed world". I was actually shocked to see horrible they are. A migrant worker from rural China wouldn't want to live there.
Quote:
I hardly call southern US "developed world". Coastal Chinese cities are more developed than Kentucky, Mississippi, or Alabama. They are simply backwater to me.
It's post like this that INFURIATE and Antagonize and even Bait others.... not to mention negative replies of Christian Americans especially our Self named Bible Belt. Some people get warnings for such post....

Others addressed his Southern US and Religious levels of Christianity demeaning... and our Southern States.... I will address his ACCUSATIONS to Demean 2 Great American as HALF SLUM WORTHY.... Perhaps as areas of China...

But compared to TRUE SLUMS... The UN does NOT CONSIDER THE USA AS HAVING SLUMS. Not as areas of South America to Asia. Botti... sorry

He uses Ghetto as Slums. HIGH CRIME and aspects of blight exist and levels of Poverty yes. BUT HOMES HAVE CENTRAL HEATING, RUNNING WATER AND WELL BUILT HOMES.

Botti.... please realize these neighborhoods WERE NOT BUILT AS SLUMS FAR SUB-PAR AND FEW MODERN CONVIENCES as TRUE SLUMS in Asia and SA. They were MIDDLE CLASS AND HIGH-END NEIGHBORHHODS ONCE.

Knowing aspects of Chicago... he apparently writes off all its Southside... Sorry half the Southside Chicago is VIBRANT even in your standards... even if not your standards for Urbanity you promote as if the ONLY GOOD one is as European city cores and maybe Manhattan in North America?

As for the Ghetto and Blighted Southside Chicago neighborhoods. Many have GREAT OLD VICTORIANS and the CITY's UNIQUE to Chicago GREYSTONE HOUSING. Sadly aspects of GREAT HOUSING WAS LOST. As the worst of what neglect and Racial turmoil of 60s US cities suffered. Chicago CLEARED OUT the worst of its Blight and beyond repair housing through the decade of the 90s.

I wish Botti would realize this and THEY ARE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR SLUM HOUSING THESE DECLINED POORER AREAS INHERITED and gained through Moving in as allowed to and White Flight was a aspect of our history that truly hurt these once VERY VIBRANT NEIGHBORHOODS.

Sadly people BLIGHTED AND ALLOWED the homes they moved into to decline. Most being Brick and stone on the exteriors.... merely needed roofs maintained to save homes and not destroy interiors with neglect and water damage.

I believe Botti owes a apology to ....call these neighborhood housing still standing and lived in as if... ON PAR WITH ASIAN SLUMS OR ELSEWHERE in the world and Half of our two largest US cities NOT good enough for even Chinese Peasant migrant workers. Wouldn't want such housing to live there. ??? and our SOUTHERN US too....

None were built as Slums and Ghetto and Slums are not the same meaning terms. Yes CRIME is the KEY Bad factor. Gangs in LA and Chicago doing most.
In the US Arabs to Indians (India) to Latinos which is not a true race. Can classify as White in the US.
Most times if you mean only European White races you mean? You need a more narrow standard other then WHITE ALONE. Wikipedia actually calls Chicago 45% White.

But then in narrower numbers. You see if you want ONLY EUROPEAN White count? You need the European White count where it says WHITE NON-LATINO counts. Then as Wikipedia notes Chicago city proper is 1/3 White 1/3 Latino and 1/3 African American.

This is some housing in Southside Ghetto areas.... if you want to say Ghettos? NOT SLUMS. City boards UPS homes if they get abandoned and condemned still sadly....
These neighborhoods were NEVER SLUMS.... they sadly became aspects of Ghetto today....NORTH LAWNDALE gang high crime area.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8597...7i13312!8i6656

HERE IS BAD WEST GARFIELD neighborhood. Lovely old housing inherited in Ghetto now.... HOUSING LOST between existing housing the city probable cleared out... WAS NEVER SLUMS BOTTI...
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8788...7i13312!8i6656

These once I believe Middle-Class to Upper Middle-Class neighborhoods have some lovely CHICAGO GREYSTONES with some housing lost and sadly some here partially even boarded up... SAD EVEN IN Notorious ENGLEWOOD HERE...
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7771...7i13312!8i6656

Far from SLUMS SORRY BOTTI East Asians would not like.... And be happy to have and ADD LOVE AND TENDER CARE AGAIN.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7774...7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7776...7i13312!8i6656

NORTORIOUS Englewood Wood-frame Cottage homes
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7691...7i13312!8i6656

LOVELY CHICAGO GREYSTONES in Lawndale high crime neighborhood.... I WOULD LOVE ONE TO GIVE SOME LOVE TOO.. Are these SLUMS-LIKE BOTTI??
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8637...7i13312!8i6656

I'M AFRAID THIS THREAD WILL GET CLOSED IF THINGS CONTINUE.... sorry for my long post I'm known for... Hope I don't get scolded for off-topic or Baiting or being rude....

Last edited by steeps; 12-03-2015 at 04:30 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 04:33 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,007,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Do some of the people on this thread not realize this is City Data and not Stormfront?
What's the difference?

Old 12-03-2015, 05:27 PM

170 posts, read 137,132 times
Quote:
^ hard for you to accept?

Half of Los Angeles or Chicago is hardly "developed world". I was actually shocked to see horrible they are. A migrant worker from rural China wouldn't want to live there.
Most American ghettos look like the ones in steep's pictures. There is no way that can be compared to China. Americans live better than the average Chinese person just by collecting a government check. I think you know this but are understandably inclined to portray China in a positive light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada