U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 05:52 PM

137 posts, read 94,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Unlike the United States of America, Canada's demographics show it is still over 75% white.

Something tells me those polled live in minority strongholds such as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
75% white? Wow so less than 25% of the population are native? How many massacres are Europeans responsible for? America, Canada, Australia, South Africa...

Never forget the Canadian Holocaust. Where millions of Native Inuit (Asians) and Metis (Indians) were massacred.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:52 PM

18,362 posts, read 10,432,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Oh, yeah! My personal favorite is THE GLENLIVET 18. You have to watch the movie The Angels' Share -- you'll love it! (Don't forget the subtitles for Glaswegian - seriously!)

BTW, haggis w/mashed up carrots and neeps, and mashed tatties is GOOD for you-- no artery clogging there!

Blessings,

Mahrie.
My personal favourite has always been MACALLANS in any year vintage and when still on an expense account it was the 18 year stuff above the bar at O'Hurley's on Crescent St..

The Macallan - Single malt whiskies from Speyside

BUT.......here's some sacrilege for you; a friend below the 49th poured me two wee drams of this stuff and let me tell you......forget the desert course and move straight to this:

Jura Whisky

Now if I could only afford to stock this on my bar and had friends that would really, really appreciate it.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:08 PM

1,583 posts, read 1,142,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
75% white? Wow so less than 25% of the population are native? How many massacres are Europeans responsible for? America, Canada, Australia, South Africa...

Never forget the Canadian Holocaust. Where millions of Native Inuit (Asians) and Metis (Indians) were massacred.
According to Statistics Canada, Aboriginal (First Nations) people make up only 4.3% of the population of Canada, with the highest concentration living in The Northwest Territories. Where I live though (roughly six driving hours north of Whistler), First Nations people represent the majority of the population and their native language is on all the road signs. My kind of place!

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,012,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My personal favourite has always been MACALLANS in any year vintage and when still on an expense account it was the 18 year stuff above the bar at O'Hurley's on Crescent St..

The Macallan - Single malt whiskies from Speyside

BUT.......here's some sacrilege for you; a friend below the 49th poured me two wee drams of this stuff and let me tell you......forget the desert course and move straight to this:

Jura Whisky

Now if I could only afford to stock this on my bar and had friends that would really, really appreciate it.
I really like Ardbeg, extremely peaty stuff from the Isles...

Old 09-16-2015, 07:14 PM

4,699 posts, read 8,515,642 times
Quote:

Certainly the colonial history of Canada is by no means rosy and was often unjust, but I must admit I am skeptical that someone who is surprised that natives represent less than 25% of Canada's population has a strong understanding of that history or what exactly went down in the many localities that are now part of Canada between the innumerable European groups involved over many centuries of contact. Especially when that someone equates Inuit people with Asians (a frankly racist and offensive way of characterizing them) and Metis with Indians (if they were the same thing there wouldn't be two words).

Old 09-16-2015, 07:52 PM

11,265 posts, read 13,203,724 times
^^^ Thank you, as always, BIMBAM.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM

18,362 posts, read 10,432,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
^^^ Thank you, as always, BIMBAM.
X 2!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 PM

7,341 posts, read 6,636,323 times
Quote:

Oh ... ah ... ummm ... no.

I don't think so. Not multiple millions in Canada. Their total populations didn't amount to more than 2 million throughout all of Canada before European contact and in all likelihood their populations were actually less than a million. I think it may have feasibly been closer to half a million died over the course of the next 3 centuries after intial contact with Europeans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popula...f_the_Americas

Quote:

The Aboriginal population of Canada during the late 15th century is estimated to have been between 200,000[8] and two million,[9] with a figure of 500,000 currently accepted by Canada's Royal Commission on Aboriginal Health.[10]

Repeated outbreaks of Old World infectious diseases such as influenza, measles and smallpox (to which they had no natural immunity), were the main cause of depopulation. This combined with other factors such as dispossession from European/Canadian settlements and numerous violent conflicts resulted in a forty- to eighty-percent aboriginal population decrease after contact.[8]

Old 09-16-2015, 08:58 PM

137 posts, read 94,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Certainly the colonial history of Canada is by no means rosy and was often unjust, but I must admit I am skeptical that someone who is surprised that natives represent less than 25% of Canada's population has a strong understanding of that history or what exactly went down in the many localities that are now part of Canada between the innumerable European groups involved over many centuries of contact. Especially when that someone equates Inuit people with Asians (a frankly racist and offensive way of characterizing them) and Metis with Indians (if they were the same thing there wouldn't be two words).

They are Asian. Just like the Eskimos. Which is why Europeans tried to wipe them off the map. To disprove that the Chinese discovered America first.

DNA tests proves it. Besides, just look at the photos. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:20 PM

4,826 posts, read 4,465,905 times
Quote:
They are Asian. Just like the Eskimos. Which is why Europeans tried to wipe them off the map. To disprove that the Chinese discovered America first.

Quote:
DNA tests proves it. Besides, just look at the photos. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada