U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:06 PM

430 posts, read 676,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
"we have high levels of poverty"
I can confirm that the poverty rate (apples for apples) is a small fraction of what it is here south of the border.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 AM

1,500 posts, read 1,351,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Well yeah, I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who's read all of his posts that this is just a young, unhappy, inexperienced, immature, spoiled bratty person who has a lot of growing up to do. I don't sympathize with him and don't feel like encouraging people like him by trying to explain Canada's good points. It would be better for Canada if he and other spoiled Canadian brats like him were to leave Canada and go learn a few things about life in the rest of the world. If he leaves Canada he'll find that nobody else in other countries sympathizes with him either and for every one bratty person like him in Canada, in other countries there are ten times more deserving and more mature people who would be grateful and give there souls for the privilege of coming to Canada and they would be damned good assets to Canada.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:56 AM

39 posts, read 37,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post
Before I get hated on for this post, please let me explain my frustrations with the American buffer state.

What exactly is good about Canada?

* our healthcare is horrid.
* Our welfare state is the worst funded in the developed world.
* we have high levels of poverty
* Our senior safety net is the worst in the developed world
* we are the only country in the g7 without a national housing strategy, national transportation strategy, national poverty strategy, or a national medical strategy (Canada health act is almost never enforced)
* We have the absolute worst climate in the developed world (heck even northern europe has milder winters than all of Canada aside from the BC Coast)
* our cities have horrid infrastructure and extremely high cost of living
* our population is extremely unproductive and thusly we have no real innovative companies left
* did I mentioned european level taxation with american level services?

Everything about Canada screams "worst in the west". I can't think of a single thing this country has going for it. Even the architecture in our cities is the most bland in the developed world.

If you can find me a developed country that is not the US that performs worse than Canada on all of these measures, I'd be surprised. As it stands now, I'd probably be happier in Thailand or Mexico.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or