U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 06:58 AM

1,500 posts, read 1,351,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Good for you.

however, when you take a holiday, you will spend the money in Mexico, not Canada. The Chinese and Americans don't need to fly to a different country to have a tropical winter vacation in January.

And you think Windsor's winter is not "extreme" because you are used to it. I am sure most Americans think Detroit's winter is abysmal.

Also, it is not great for those who want to live in a warmer climate.

Well, I know most Canadian will flatly deny that the bad climate and lack of choices do the country any harm. You guys should know being positive and being objective are two completely different things.
To each they're own. Windsor's winter is a lot less extreme than most of Canada's and a good chunk of the US as well. And, believe it of not, many people in North America love winter and all that it offers. As for Canada having a bad climate, well, that is just your opinion, many would argue otherwise!

I also don't really care to constantly compare Canada to other countries as you so love to do, as I'm very happy here, with what we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
No, I can't explain, because you never for once admitted anything negative about Canada, so how can I convince anyone whose mind is already made up?

Canada is perfect, including its climate. The 8 month rain is Vancouver is delightful and the freezing winters in Montreal are beautiful.
Jesus, Botticelli, all you ever do on this site is troll for negatives about Canada, it gets very tiring reading your rants. Why on earth have not moved from the country yet if it's so horrible?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
To each they're own. Windsor's winter is a lot less extreme than most of Canada's and a good chunk of the US as well. And, believe it of not, many people in North America love winter and all that it offers. As for Canada having a bad climate, well, that is just your opinion, many would argue otherwise!

I also don't really care to constantly compare Canada to other countries as you so love to do, as I'm very happy here, with what we have.
I love winter too, if there are 4 weeks of it instead of 4 months. People love what winter offers, like what? Slushy streets? Waiting for a bus in the cold? Difficulty of driving? Accidents and delays? Snow storms and airline cancellation? Bare tree branches? Unable to do all the usually outdoor stuff including walking for more than 10 minutes?

Yes, there is some positive factors but the negative overwhelms by far. Don't tell me one can ski cuz that's so cliché. In non-winter seasons, there are 100 other sports, which doesn't involve driving 2 hours to a resort, checking in a hotel and paying $200 for the privilege of ski.

You choose to live in your bubble and that's fine, but let's not pretend Windsor's winter is mild by any stretch. Everyone when thinking of Detroit, they dread the dead cold long winter months, how much better can Windsor be?

Canada generally having a bad climate is not just my opinion. I can't say for every single person in the world, but the vast majority would agree.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Jesus, Botticelli, all you ever do on this site is troll for negatives about Canada, it gets very tiring reading your rants. Why on earth have not moved from the country yet if it's so horrible?
simply not true. Even if you only look at my posts in the past 3 days.

Do you think blindly claiming Canada is all wonderful and denying any problems/negative, is not trolling? I think it is.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I love winter too, if there are 4 weeks of it instead of 4 months. People love what winter offers, like what? Slushy streets? Waiting for a bus in the cold? Difficulty of driving? Accidents and delays? Snow storms and airline cancellation? Bare tree branches? Unable to do all the usually outdoor stuff including walking for more than 10 minutes?

Yes, there is some positive factors but the negative overwhelms by far. Don't tell me one can ski cuz that's so cliché. In non-winter seasons, there are 100 other sports, which doesn't involve driving 2 hours to a resort, checking in a hotel and paying $200 for the privilege of ski.

You choose to live in your bubble and that's fine, but let's not pretend Windsor's winter is mild by any stretch. Everyone when thinking of Detroit, they dread the dead cold long winter months, how much better can Windsor be?

Canada generally having a bad climate is not just my opinion. I can't say for every single person in the world, but the vast majority would agree.
Jesus, get over yourself. I don't live in a bubble, I just happen to like what I like. Who the he.. are you to judge me and what I like?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
simply not true. Even if you only look at my posts in the past 3 days.

Do you think blindly claiming Canada is all wonderful and denying any problems/negative, is not trolling? I think it is.
There you go making sh.. Up again. Where have I ever said that Canada is all wonderful? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

And yes you do constantly complain about Canada and compare it to other countries, all the time, that's obviously your thing! Canada's weather sucks, its no USA, it's cities are small and suburban, it's no Europe, Toronto is a small unimportant city, not like Chinese cities, blah, blah, blah!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Jesus, get over yourself. I don't live in a bubble, I just happen to like what I like. Who the he.. are you to judge me and what I like?
Ok, we are back to the "there is no bad weather because it is a purely a matter of personal preference" argument. Vancouverites love the non-stopping rain and the rest of Canada loves their long winter and wouldn't want to change a thing. I get it

Old 09-23-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
There you go making sh.. Up again. Where have I ever said that Canada is all wonderful? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

And yes you do constantly complain about Canada and compare it to other countries, all the time, that's obviously your thing! Canada's weather sucks, its no USA, it's cities are small and suburban, it's no Europe, Toronto is a small unimportant city, not like Chinese cities, blah, blah, blah!
I think you are insane because you choose to only remember the negative things I said about Canada and decide to focus only on those. Only 3 days ago I was saying life in Toronto is great and I don't think any of the American cities is attractive to me.

I never said Toronto is a small unimportant city. I said it is a typical mid-sized city (and I said plenty of good things about it) and I still stand by this conclusion. On the other hand, Vancouver is a small city, which is true.

And weather in Canada does suck. There is no denial.

I don't have a home bias, so I tell the truth. Sorry if some of it is more than what you can handle.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:04 AM

873 posts, read 814,161 times
I like the weather in Canada. I really enjoy 4 seasons.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:08 AM

430 posts, read 676,455 times
Everything depends on where you are in Canada, of course.

Toronto has slightly better weather than Chicago, and is not all thatdifferent from Boston or even New York. Vancouver has basically the same weather as Seattle or even Portland. Or even San Francisco, really, with a little more drizzle. Montreal, of course, can be a bit unbearable. Yellowknife, now that's some serious cold.

The weather overall is comparable or superior to the weather in Sweden, Denmark, and other popular northern European countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or