U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 11:07 AM

873 posts, read 814,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Yeah, I do believe Toronto feels more humid in summer than the other two. No surprise there, being on the shores of one of the world's largest lakes.
According to this Montreal is more humid than Toronto by .2 kpa. Which is weird because Toronto is by the giant lake.
News - Ranked: Canada's best (and worst) summer cities - The Weather Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 AM

6,499 posts, read 4,079,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Palms Springs is just the type of place that people talk about when they are looking for warmer climates.
Yeah, people who think the only options are Canada, Florida, and the desert.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:52 AM

12,685 posts, read 8,753,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yeah, people who think the only options are Canada, Florida, and the desert.
Here in Vancouver, Palm Springs is popular. It's a short flight, or even a very doable drive. My connection to Palm Springs goes back to the early 1960's when family lived in California.
It's not my kind of place to stay more than a few days. Not great all year round...too hot in summer, and very chilly evenings at other times.

I prefer ocean side tropical for a holiday.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Here are some average highs for both cities in Fahrenheit

May: Vancouver 62 S.F. 64

June: Vancouver 67 S.F. 66

July Vancouver 72 S.F. 66

August Vancouver 72 S.F. 67

Vancouver BC Average Temperatures by Month - Current Results

San Francisco Weather: Temperatures by Month
The fact it is hard for you to be objective about Vancouver confuses me. Why do you conveniently leave out winter temperature? Who cares about summer? The entire Canada has great summers and nobody is complaining summer isn't nice here.

Dec -March high in Vancouver 6.3, 6.9, 8.2, 10.3,
Dec - March high in San Fran 13.9, 13.8, 15.7, 16.6

need I say more?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:59 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Quote:
Here in Vancouver, Palm Springs is popular. It's a short flight, or even a very doable drive. My connection to Palm Springs goes back to the early 1960's when family lived in California.
It's not my kind of place to stay more than a few days. Not great all year round...too hot in summer, and very chilly evenings at other times.

I prefer ocean side tropical for a holiday.
I fail to see how you don't choose San Diego or Santa Barbara instead of going to Palms Springs and complaining about the heat.

Palm Springs doesn't have good weather. It is in the middle of a desert.

Quote:
Homesick no. I've been travelling alone since I was 17. I have been away from home for months and never was homesick, my trips to Europe come to mind.

I was tired of the constant heat and desired cooler weather.

Palms Springs is just he type of place that people take about when they are looking for warmer climates.
San Diego or Santa Monica is never too hot or too cold in any month of the year. Maybe you should try that instead of somewhere in the desert? Nobody says higher temperature means better weather.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The fact it is hard for you to be objective about Vancouver confuses me. Why do you conveniently leave out winter temperature? Who cares about summer? The entire Canada has great summers and nobody is complaining summer isn't nice here.

Dec -March high in Vancouver 6.3, 6.9, 8.2, 10.3,
Dec - March high in San Fran 13.9, 13.8, 15.7, 16.6

need I say more?
The fact that you forget what you actually posted confuses me. You DID say

" Plus, SF is still a LOT warmer than Vancouver, in any season. "

IN ANY SEASON!

Wrong.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:04 PM

Palm Springs is popular everywhere as a vacation spot. As a place to live, not so much. Its climate goes just a little beyond "a nice warm place to live."

In 2011, 1.6 million tourists visited Palm Springs, but the resident population was 44,500. That tells you a lot.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I fail to see how you don't choose San Diego or Santa Barbara instead of going to Palms Springs and complaining about the heat.

Palm Springs doesn't have good weather. It is in the middle of a desert.

San Diego or Santa Monica is never too hot or too cold in any month of the year. Maybe you should try that instead of somewhere in the desert? Nobody says higher temperature means better weather.

Read the post Botti.....I go to Palm Springs for family and friends.

I've BEEN going to San Diego and Santa Monica for over 50 years. I know the climate etc. My first visit was in 1963 as a child.

I still prefer a cooler climate and LOVE Vancouver's climate.

You seem to have an issue with that, by hinting that somehow we are delusional and defending something that is BEYOND your comprehension.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Palm Springs is popular everywhere as a vacation spot. As a place to live, not so much. Its climate goes just a little beyond "a nice warm place to live."

In 2011, 1.6 million tourists visited Palm Springs, but the resident population was 44,500. That tells you a lot.
I last a week and then I get the heck out.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Don't be disingenuous. You set up Palm Springs as a typical alternative to Canada's long winters:

Quote:
Palm Springs is just the type of place that people talk about when they are looking for warmer climates
when the fact is that Palm Springs is too hot and dry for almost everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or