U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-26-2015, 06:39 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,253,275 times
Reputation: 7578

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

-- Apocryphally attributed to Mark Twain.
That only means Mark Twain is not well travelled.
Honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 AM
 
Location: In transition
10,131 posts, read 11,869,273 times
Reputation: 4423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Canada has 4 seasons one of which is winter if people cant adapt to the countries winter months i think its those people who are a fail not the country.
While some may dream of Florida as nothing but palm tree and beaches, its mostly like this with sauna bath like conditions.=
http://www.saintpetersblog.com/wp-co...raffic-jam.jpg

or this where ever you go.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=flori...orida+traffic+
All cities have traffic. What is your point?
And this is not about adapting to the climate, it's about climate preferences. Just because someone can deal with the climate doesn't mean they enjoy it and wouldn't prefer something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,670 posts, read 8,740,385 times
Reputation: 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
That only means Mark Twain is not well travelled.
Honestly.
Are you being obtuse or just really ignorant of Mark Twain...a man who travelled the world and wrote several books on those travels?

He even went to Syria, Lebanon, and the " Holy Land " in 1867. He lived in several countries in Europe over a decade starting 1891. He also has been to Australia.
Heck he even visited Vancouver in 1910.

Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:16 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,216 posts, read 6,570,009 times
Reputation: 14141
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post

All cities have traffic. What is your point?
And this is not about adapting to the climate, it's about climate preferences. Just because someone can deal with the climate doesn't mean they enjoy it and wouldn't prefer something else.
This topic is NOT about climate preferences so stop thinking you're fooling other people by saying that. It's about being unrealistic and unwilling to deal with the facts. It's about you saying that Canada is a failure because the climate isn't what you want for yourself.

You aren't fooling anyone with complaints about the climate. Your real point, your whole agenda, is it's about you wanting Canada and USA to have a Schengen type agreement to suit your personal preferences ...... and because they don't and won't you blame Canada's climate and say the country is a failure. Do you have any idea how spoiled and immature that is? The agreement you want is never going to happen - never - so does that mean you're going to complain about the climate and call Canada a failure for the rest of your life?

If, as you say, you are stuck here in Canada with no way out (which I think is a crock) then you need to suck it up, buttercup. I think you need to quit your useless, tiresome complaining about it. Learn to deal with it and enjoy what you can of it just like everybody else.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:32 PM
 
34,361 posts, read 41,436,735 times
Reputation: 29842
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
All cities have traffic. What is your point?
And this is not about adapting to the climate, it's about climate preferences. Just because someone can deal with the climate doesn't mean they enjoy it and wouldn't prefer something else.
So move to Florida instead of whining about Canadas weather.
Canada has winter,whats your point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:33 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,131 posts, read 11,869,273 times
Reputation: 4423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
This topic is NOT about climate preferences so stop thinking you're fooling other people by saying that. It's about being unrealistic and unwilling to deal with the facts. It's about you saying that Canada is a failure because the climate isn't what you want for yourself.

You aren't fooling anyone with complaints about the climate. Your real point, your whole agenda, is it's about you wanting Canada and USA to have a Schengen type agreement to suit your personal preferences ...... and because they don't and won't you blame Canada's climate and say the country is a failure. Do you have any idea how spoiled and immature that is? The agreement you want is never going to happen - never - so does that mean you're going to complain about the climate and call Canada a failure for the rest of your life?

If, as you say, you are stuck here in Canada with no way out (which I think is a crock) then you need to suck it up, buttercup. I think you need to quit your useless, tiresome complaining about it. Learn to deal with it and enjoy what you can of it just like everybody else.

.
I only said the climate of Canada was a failure in my opinion not the whole country. Canada has lots of things going for it but climate is not one of them.
I know Canada will never have any free movement of people with the US or any other country because we are too proud and nationalistic. I'm not expecting that to happen. I have my own plans that I'm looking into and will execute when I'm able.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:35 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,131 posts, read 11,869,273 times
Reputation: 4423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So move to Florida instead of whining about Canadas weather.
Canada has winter,whats your point!
It's not that simple and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:35 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,216 posts, read 6,570,009 times
Reputation: 14141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So move to Florida instead of whining about Canadas weather.
Canada has winter,whats your point!
His point is as I stated above. It's not about the weather, it's that he wants a Schengen type agreement between Canada and USA.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:53 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
430 posts, read 676,385 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I know Canada will never have any free movement of people with the US or any other country because we are too proud and nationalistic. I'm not expecting that to happen. I have my own plans that I'm looking into and will execute when I'm able.
The U.S. would be the major block there, not Canada. Americans are twice as proud and four times as nationalistic as Canadians are. I'm sure you know this. Many Americans are also not found of immigrants even if they are from Canada. If you were planning to move anywhere warm that isn't California or New Mexico or Miami, you're not religious enough and don't like NASCAR enough for Americans to like you. And in California or New Mexico or Miami, you probably don't speak Spanish well enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 01:19 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,131 posts, read 11,869,273 times
Reputation: 4423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
The U.S. would be the major block there, not Canada. Americans are twice as proud and four times as nationalistic as Canadians are. I'm sure you know this. Many Americans are also not found of immigrants even if they are from Canada. If you were planning to move anywhere warm that isn't California or New Mexico or Miami, you're not religious enough and don't like NASCAR enough for Americans to like you. And in California or New Mexico or Miami, you probably don't speak Spanish well enough.
You definitely have a point there. The US can be extremely nationalistic too. Maybe I wouldn't be accepted in the US sunbelt I guess I better start taking Spanish classes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top