U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 11:18 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,074,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Sure its cold in the winter - from December to March - nobody at all is challenging that but why the heck are you only focussing on 4 months of the year?.. April to May gets increasingly warmer just as October to November becomes increasingly cooler but they aren't exactly cold or freezing cold months..

From December??? Today later afternoon in Vancouver and Seattle we have already 10 degrees C or less....Calgary is 2......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 11:24 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,149,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
From December??? Today later afternoon in Vancouver and Seattle we have already 10 degrees C or less....Calgary is 2......
It was 23 degrees in Toronto today.. Go figure Canada is a large country where temperatures vary.. OMG - SHOCKING... OMG SHOCKING I was referring to the GTA where I live when I was speaking to Karasmatic who also lives in the GTA.. No offense to Vancouver or Calgary but a cool September day there doesn't impact my life. They are as far away from me as Havana and Mexico City.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
It was 23 degrees in Toronto today.. Go figure Canada is a large country where temperatures vary.. OMG - SHOCKING... OMG SHOCKING I was referring to the GTA where I live when I was speaking to Karasmatic who also lives in the GTA.. No offense to Vancouver or Calgary but a cool September day there doesn't impact my life. They are as far away from me as Havana and Mexico City.

Toronto for 7 months has an average high temperature at 15 C or less....that is cold for me...sorry...

Old 09-27-2015, 11:33 PM

800 posts, read 508,578 times
Quote:
Sure its cold in the winter - from December to March - nobody at all is challenging that but why the heck are you only focussing on 4 months of the year and why are you only focussing on the 80 percent of the nation that has negligible human habitation?.. April to May gets increasingly warmer just as October to November becomes increasingly cooler but they aren't exactly cold or freezing cold months either.. As I said, Canada is a big country - locate southern Ontario on a map and find Toronto.. Use the same line of latitude that Toronto is on and go due east and due west - which country directly borders us on our line of latitude both sides? - HINT its not our own country....

Well relatively speaking they aren't year round hot cities but like Toronto I wouldn't classify them as cold across the board.. Not sure how anyone can discount a place that is warm to hot half the year as cold..
Well I guess we have a difference of opinion on what is warm then. 5-10 DEGREE weather is cool- cold to me.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Toronto for almost 7 months has an average high temperature at 15 C or less....that is cold for me...sorry...
Average temperature is useless. When you go outside you experience the temperature at that time only - not a seasonal or yearly average.. When I went outside today, I didn't say oh its cool because the 7 month average high temperature is only 15 C..

So when I went out today as I have for the last 4-5 months its been warm to hot.. When I go out in mid November its chilly and when I go out in mid Dec or Jan its cold when I go out in mid April its generally cool but mid May and its warm - but now with 21-23 c its very pleasant warm to hot.. That's all I care about.

Everyone is going to have there own preferences.. I went to Lisbon last year in February and the temperature during the day was 15 C.. It was perfect for me.. It wasn't too hot and left me with plenty of energy to explore the city (fantastic city btw) without constantly feeling parched... Now try going to Marrakech in the winter for some truly weird weather - you get 21 deg c during the day but at night goes down to almost 0 C.. It may be nice during the day but at night you need to put on a heater!

As much as I love S.E Asia - most of the year you go outside and its like entering into a blast furnace. I don't enjoy that at all and its would be tough to bear for me year round.. I guess i'd have to be born there and adapt to that - well sounds like a familiar tune doesn't it - that we sort of adapt to weather.

I'm not going to lie, I don't enjoy Toronto winters one iota but i'm not going to allow 4-5 months of weather I don't love to ruin my life lol - There are plenty of other aspects to life than 1/3 of the years weather sucking that I do like about where I live.. My sweet spot is between 15 - 22 deg and for me would be an ideal year round climate.

Last edited by fusion2; 09-27-2015 at 11:55 PM..

Old 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Well I guess we have a difference of opinion on what is warm then. 5-10 DEGREE weather is cool- cold to me.
I would consider anything less than 5 deg to be cold.. Anything between 5-13 cool.. Anything between 14-20 warm and anything above 21 hot.. Anything above 27 and I just don't enjoy it - too hot and muggy for me.. I'm Caucasian though.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Average temperature is useless. When you go outside you experience the temperature at that time only - not a seasonal or yearly average.. When I went outside today, I didn't say oh its cool because the 7 month average high temperature is only 15 C..

So when I went out today as I have for the last 4-5 months its been warm to hot.. When I go out in mid November its chilly and when I go out in mid Dec or Jan its cold when I go out in mid April its general cool but mid May and its warm - but now its very pleasant warm to hot.. That's all I care about.

Everyone is going to have there own preferences.. I went to Lisbon last year in February and the temperature during the day was 15 C.. It was perfect for me.. It wasn't too hot and left me with plenty of energy to explore the city without constantly feeling parched... Now try going to Marrakech in the winter for some truly weird weather - you get 21 deg c during the day but at night goes down to almost 0 C.. It may be nice during the day but at night you need to put on a heater!

As much as I love S.E Asia - most of the year you go outside and its like entering into a blast furnace.

Fusion, no major city in the world is a frozen tundra year round.....take Moscow for example, it does have a warm summer....but you cannot deny that Toronto is a colder city than Los Angeles.....

Old 09-27-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Anything above 27 and I just don't enjoy it - too hot and muggy for me.. I'm Caucasian though.

There is a huge difference between humid hot and dry hot....try 25 degrees in Bangkok and 35 degrees in Austin....

Old 09-27-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Fusion, no major city in the world is a frozen tundra year round.....take Moscow for example, it does have a warm summer....but you cannot deny that Toronto is a colder city than Los Angeles.....
I don't deny that Toronto is a colder city than L.A.. Its colder than most major cities in the world for 4 months of the year. With that said, its not cold all the time and I don't like year round hot to very hot and humid places.. I think S.F would be my ideal place for weather year round but again - weather is just one component of being happy where you live. I'm not going to slit my wrists over a cold Toronto winter.. You make the best of it and enjoy it and as with most things in life you take the cons with the pros.. For me where I live the pros outweigh the cons..

Its sort of when you marry someone, the things that annoyed you about them at first grow on you and you end up loving everything about them, even the things that aren't necessarily appealing.. Its a part of the whole package. If it bother you well - you need to evaluate the relationship you are in and change that but only you can do that.. I don't always agree with Mikeyyc in here but I respect the fact that he didn't like Canadian winters and actually DID something about it.. Most of us aren't like him though, they accept, adapt and enjoy the whole package.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I don't deny that Toronto is a colder city than L.A.. Its colder than most major cities in the world for 4 months of the year. With that said, its not cold all the time and I don't like year round hot to very hot and humid places.. I think S.F would be my ideal place for weather year round but again - weather is just one component of being happy where you live. I'm not going to slit my wrists over a cold Toronto winter.. You make the best of it and enjoy it and as with most things in life you take the cons with the pros.. For me where I live the pros outweigh the cons..

Its sort of when you marry someone, the things that annoyed you about them at first grow on you and you end up loving everything about them, even the things that aren't necessarily appealing.. Its a part of the whole package.

I agree...in life is often all about opportunities....I did have the chance to live in a place with more pleasant weather and that satisfy me for other important aspects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or