U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2015, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Reputation: 7293

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I'm not saying I do it, or anyone I know personally does, but I can tell you in the winter, if there is snow, I would bet nearly every park and trail is covered in cross country ski tracks in my city. The only time I don't see them is during active, extreme weather. People ride snowmobiles up and down my road, or take them out to the country every chance they get. My buddy is only off his sled if he's working or sleeping. Otherwise, he's out on the snowmobile.

People do do stuff, botti. Some people don't find getting suited up a chore, some do.
Many people in BC ski if not everyday, at least a couple or few times a week. I think Botti is stuck in Toronto mode and assumes the rest of the country is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2015, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,265 posts, read 13,155,180 times
Reputation: 13459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Many people in BC ski if not everyday, at least a couple or few times a week. I think Botti is stuck in Toronto mode and assumes the rest of the country is the same.

Someone in Toronto thinks it's the center of the universe?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!! lol

(I'm gonna catch so much **** from fusion! lol )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 04:35 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,071,152 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Which city?
I exaggerated a little, yes, but I'm not speaking specifically of rain -- rather, tropical downpours we get down here, which are extremely hazardous to walk and drive in.

I live in Seattle, I grew up in a town with hard sudden downpour and I tour the Caribbean extensively...no, not even close to be the same to ice and snow on the sidewalk....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,265 posts, read 13,155,180 times
Reputation: 13459
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I live in Seattle, I grew up in a town with hard sudden downpour and I tour the Caribbean extensively...no, not even close to be the same to ice and snow on the sidewalk....

Sort of similar for driving at a decent speed though. Especially if it hadn't rained for a long time, and all the grease and oils start coming up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Reputation: 7293
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnatomicflux View Post
someone in toronto thinks it's the center of the universe?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!! Lol

(i'm gonna catch so much **** from fusion! Lol :d:d )
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 05:08 PM
 
18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
Reputation: 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Many people in BC ski if not everyday, at least a couple or few times a week. I think Botti is stuck in Toronto mode and assumes the rest of the country is the same.
I know many Vancouverites who think nothing of skipping up to Whistler for an evening ski. Some of the old duffers I golf with in the winter are still skiing Whistler when they fly home to spend X-mas with the grandkiddies.

Montreal I found particularly interesting while there for business in the winter. Staying at the Queen Elizabeth you can literally get into the metro, wine and dine all over the city and never set a foot outside.

Getting to and fro for meetings didn't even necessitate putting on overshoes or a heavy coat.

Winter is what you make of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Someone in Toronto thinks it's the center of the universe?!?!? Say it ain't so!!!!! lol

(I'm gonna catch so much **** from fusion! lol )
HEY watch it there lol.. This is an invitation to a snowball fight however, neutral middle ground buddy, somewhere outside London Ontario first major snowfall of the W15-W16 season.. Its on

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
11,265 posts, read 13,155,180 times
Reputation: 13459
St. Thomas it is then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Reputation: 7293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I know many Vancouverites who think nothing of skipping up to Whistler for an evening ski. Some of the old duffers I golf with in the winter are still skiing Whistler when they fly home to spend X-mas with the grandkiddies.

Montreal I found particularly interesting while there for business in the winter. Staying at the Queen Elizabeth you can literally get into the metro, wine and dine all over the city and never set a foot outside.

Getting to and fro for meetings didn't even necessitate putting on overshoes or a heavy coat.

Winter is what you make of it.
Most Vancouverites who are doing evening skiing after work or after school, hit the local slopes of Cypress, Grouse and Seymour mountains.
Whistler is more of a day trip or couple of days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,135,736 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
St. Thomas it is then!
St. Thomas.. Its on

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top