U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 04:36 AM

34,387 posts, read 41,480,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
It sure was today 92F at the beach in OC, beat that Canucks............
If this is some kind of climatic competition on who has the hotter weather in October then you are the winner,congratulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Now that's my kinda fall weather
Your assertion that Canada is a fail because it has winter would have to include many other countries around the world who also have winters. If year round summer conditions are what you need you certainly have picked a bad choice in Canada.
We are about to start another long cold winter heres something you can work on to keep you busy=
http://www.uscis.gov/

Old 10-10-2015, 05:43 AM

12,581 posts, read 11,141,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If this is some kind of climatic competition on who has the hotter weather in October then you are the winner,congratulations.
Is there an ism word for discrimination against people who live in colder climates Jambo lol... I'm still trying to see the point of this thread........... Now we are getting - Its 92 degrees in OC in October yippie take that Canada.. Look at me I can do backflips too and Deneb is just all starry eyed......

Old 10-10-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Is there an ism word for discrimination against people who live in colder climates Jambo lol... I'm still trying to see the point of this thread........... Now we are getting - Its 92 degrees in OC in October yippie take that Canada.. Look at me I can do backflips too and Deneb is just all starry eyed......
To add/
I guess we'll just have to accept the fact that Canada is a loser country because it is subjected to a season of winter..

Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 AM

11,265 posts, read 13,161,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add/
I guess we'll just have to accept the fact that Canada is a loser country because it is subjected to a season of winter..
It pisses me off, too, because in January I dig the dogs out from under the snow, and take the sled down to the river. I get extremely irritated, or, probably jealous is the right word, looking north through the whiteout conditions to Detroit with it's sunshine, people boating on their side of the international boundary, playing tennis and all those other activities that can only be done outdoors.......

Why can't we be so lucky?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It pisses me off, too, because in January I dig the dogs out from under the snow, and take the sled down to the river. I get extremely irritated, or, probably jealous is the right word, looking north through the whiteout conditions to Detroit with it's sunshine, people boating on their side of the international boundary, playing tennis and all those other activities that can only be done outdoors.......

Why can't we be so lucky?
Your post reminds me of the time I flew from Detroit to Buffalo on a Northwest DC-9 (wasn't that long ago man, things change fast in the aviation industry!).. Anyway it was in January or February and needless to say Buffalo had a pretty significant layer of snow on the ground.. When I got to my car at the parking lot, I had to clear off a good 12 cm's of snow off it. The roads were pretty bad and there was still a decent crop of snow coming down.

Needless to say by the time I crossed to border the skies were clearing and so were the roads. The GTA - roads bare and dry

Old 10-10-2015, 11:15 AM

10,077 posts, read 14,025,351 times
You guys gotta lighten up a bit up there ok friends I love Canada

Old 10-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Of course - it was more directed at Deneb Teckeee.. He just has a difficult time accepting reality lol.. You'd get it if you read the 46 useless pages of this thread.

Old 10-10-2015, 01:14 PM

5,692 posts, read 6,538,583 times
Quote:
Well, do you guys have an Orange County on Mars? Because we have a place called Winnipeg there. Take that!

Old 10-10-2015, 01:36 PM

3,019 posts, read 2,696,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Your geography needs help. Hawaii is at 19 degrees north. About Cuba/Yucatan. So the US, north to south covers about 30 degrees of latitude, if you leave out Alaska. Canada covers over 50.
Why would I add Hawaii, but ignore Alaska? If you add both, the difference between northern Alaska and Hawaii is more than 50 degrees. Canada does not cover over 50 degrees latitude. If the most southern point is at about 41, you're saying that the northernmost point of Canada is beyond the north pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
Seriously I don't think the highest temperature in January anywhere in Canada ever went over 18c. And February it never went over 22c. That way there's no way there was ever even an extreme record high of 25c in the winter in Canada...
Not very often. Even the Yukon can get near 18 in winter. Burwash, Yukon was 16.5C in January 2014. Further south, Alberta often gets over 20 during the winter. 25 is about the limit though. A few spots in Alberta and BC have done that in the winter. eg. Grand Forks, BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. Where in hell in Canada we do get an average 25 degrees in the winter?

The difference between -20 and -60 is NOT climate diversity. They are both perceived as extremely cold, so even if Canada possess 30 different degrees of coldness, it doesn't constitute climate diversity - a winter colder than winter is still winter.
I never said anywhere averages 25 in the winter in Canada. -20 to -60 is just as diverse temperaturewise as 20 to 60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
except you can do different activities under 6F and 72F.

But between 6F and -36F, it means the same. Varity needs to have a use or makes a difference for people, not just for the numbers' sake, don't you think so?
There's a massive difference between 6F and -36F. Huge. Have you tried to go downhill skiing in -36 weather? Or play pond hockey? The lungs burn big time. It hardly ever gets to 6F here in BC. It's usually around freezing, which is perfect for me. Much better than 90F. I hate heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or