U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-17-2015, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Vernon, British Columbia
3,019 posts, read 2,696,516 times
Reputation: 2132

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not just skiing. We need a good snow pack so that we don't have to go through another summer of water restrictions.
I live in BC, and we had lots of snow last winter, and no water restrictions this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2015, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,691 posts, read 8,756,192 times
Reputation: 7309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I live in BC, and we had lots of snow last winter, and no water restrictions this summer.
I was speaking about the Lower Mainland, since that is where I believe CanuckinPortland is from, and will be visiting.

You live in Vernon according to your location. Vernon did have water restrictions this summer. However...you would know this better than I, isn't some of the water delivery different for different customers? So some may have restrictions and some other won't??

Stage 1 - Water Restrictions in Effect for Greater Vernon Water Customers | News | Media Releases | Regional District of North Okanagan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2015, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
486 posts, read 273,338 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I live in BC, and we had lots of snow last winter, and no water restrictions this summer.
Most of BC did. The Lower Mainland is the main part of BC and that's what we were talking about. Maybe Vernon didn't but most of BC did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2015, 10:49 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,132 posts, read 11,887,728 times
Reputation: 4428
I saw on TV parts of Ontario and Quebec got snow.. up to 15cm in some places... Now THAT is a fail in October at 43-45 degrees latitude I'm sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2015, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Nation du Québec
237 posts, read 185,799 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I saw on TV parts of Ontario and Quebec got snow.. up to 15cm in some places... Now THAT is a fail in October at 43-45 degrees latitude I'm sorry...
Oh, it's stupid I tell you. Only idiots say that this isn't a very cold country to be. Among the coldest in existence. Embrace it or stop telling lies about the mild climates of Canada. You are justified to make this thread. We do not even have a moderate climate like Virginia in Canada. A place like that is a warm place in our terms which is just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2015, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,141,644 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
A place like that is a warm place in our terms which is just sad.
Awwww poor Bonjour... You need a hug? Cold? Want a blankie.. Hey at least you live in a Province with a city like Montreal lol... What city in Virginia is like Montreal? You take the good with the bad dude - that's called life!

Last edited by fusion2; 10-18-2015 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2016, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Salt Spring Island, B.C.
26 posts, read 23,394 times
Reputation: 29
Depends where you live in Canada. If you live here on the west coast then the climate is mildest in the winter. I live in the Southern Gulf Islands zone 9a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S9MD5Pq9l0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Salt Spring Island, B.C.
26 posts, read 23,394 times
Reputation: 29
Default Do your homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour185 View Post
Oh, it's stupid I tell you. Only idiots say that this isn't a very cold country to be. Among the coldest in existence. Embrace it or stop telling lies about the mild climates of Canada. You are justified to make this thread. We do not even have a moderate climate like Virginia in Canada. A place like that is a warm place in our terms which is just sad.
The west coast of Canada is mild and we grow Palm trees. I should know, I own a Palm Nursery and grow them all from local seeds I harvest here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S9MD5Pq9l0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2016, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Salt Spring Island, B.C.
26 posts, read 23,394 times
Reputation: 29
Default Very drought like summers here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Toad 32 View Post
Most of BC did. The Lower Mainland is the main part of BC and that's what we were talking about. Maybe Vernon didn't but most of BC did.
Had to shut off all irrigation in our Parks last May because it was so dry here on our island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2016, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Vernon, British Columbia
3,019 posts, read 2,696,516 times
Reputation: 2132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I was speaking about the Lower Mainland, since that is where I believe CanuckinPortland is from, and will be visiting.

You live in Vernon according to your location. Vernon did have water restrictions this summer. However...you would know this better than I, isn't some of the water delivery different for different customers? So some may have restrictions and some other won't??

Stage 1 - Water Restrictions in Effect for Greater Vernon Water Customers | News | Media Releases | Regional District of North Okanagan
Stage 1 water restrictions happen every year even if it's an extremely wet year. There's more than enough water to go around here even on dry years, but it saves money to conserve water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Toad 32 View Post
Most of BC did. The Lower Mainland is the main part of BC and that's what we were talking about. Maybe Vernon didn't but most of BC did.
The Lower Mainland is not most of BC. Most of BC is north of Prince George.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top