U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 07:52 PM

3,275 posts, read 3,700,133 times

Advertisements

Canada is a TINY country, comprising less than 0.5% of the world's population. The peoples of the two largest countries in the world account for over 30% of the world's population and don't have either the freedom or the means to select a climate more to their tastes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:49 AM

44 posts, read 32,691 times
Canadian scientists have to work hard to learn how to tilt the Earth's axis, and Canada will be on the Equator. Theoretically it is possible.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:22 AM

486 posts, read 273,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4X8 View Post
Canadian scientists have to work hard to learn how to tilt the Earth's axis, and Canada will be on the Equator. Theoretically it is possible.
I can c why most Canadians want a warmer climate. Here in Vancouver we want snow.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 AM
BMI

7,265 posts, read 4,514,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Toad 32 View Post
I can c why most Canadians want a warmer climate. Here in Vancouver we want snow.
For Canada, global warming might actually be a good thing

Old 01-17-2016, 11:44 AM

873 posts, read 816,055 times
Quote:
I don't mind snow and cold if it's short and not super freezing like -20. Also If there wasn't wind chill as well. 2-3 months of snowy, winter weather with no temperatures below -10 and with a few days above 0 would be my ideal. Sadly no climate in the world has this.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:48 PM

12,696 posts, read 8,769,158 times
Quote:
...on the mountains only please.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:54 PM

12,696 posts, read 8,769,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I don't mind snow and cold if it's short and not super freezing like -20. Also If there wasn't wind chill as well. 2-3 months of snowy, winter weather with no temperatures below -10 and with a few days above 0 would be my ideal. Sadly no climate in the world has this.
I can't comment about no where in the world having that climate, but you can have both in Vancouver if you travel just a bit.
It never gets to -20 C here, hardly ever any snow...unless you head up the North Shore Mountains.

So people here can get their snow fix. I could leave my house right now where it's currently 9 C and bright, and within less than 30 minutes ( I live downtown ) be surrounded by snow. Stay a bit, head home.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
There is a climate like that. Amsterdam.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I can't comment about no where in the world having that climate, but you can have both in Vancouver if you travel just a bit.
It never gets to -20 C here, hardly ever any snow...unless you head up the North Shore Mountains.

So people here can get their snow fix. I could leave my house right now where it's currently 9 C and bright, and within less than 30 minutes ( I live downtown ) be surrounded by snow. Stay a bit, head home.
It was 9C and sunny in Vancouver. In Mission and Abbotsford its 4C and Rainy. And there might be snow.

You're also right. There's actually plenty of places that have snowy winters that are colder than 0 but warmer than -10. Amsterdam's a perfect example of this. Many places in northwest Europe have this climate. Berlin is a bit more extreme temperatures it can get to -20 especially with the winch on humidity though.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I love snow when it's like -2 or colder. It's better if it's colder out when it snows because trust me I hate it when it rains right after because then it just makes a huge mess on the roads and the snow was practically useless because then it turns into slush I would want like 30 cm of snow and then the temperatures drop down to like -12 and be sunny or cloudy or whatever but cold enough to keep the snow on the ground not have rainfall right after it. I like this though to stay on the ground for at least a week I would like two weeks actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or